Dynadot

discuss Post ideas why you have not invested into 4 letter .net-s

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Have you invested into 4 letter .net-s?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Ok, there are so many 4 letter .net lover threads out there.

Lets discuss why its a bad idea nad waste of money.

I start.

1) there is no end-user demand for them

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the .com domain investor is not good looking and well connected enough, top officials in the indian internet sector will falsely claim that the domain names belong to someone else, usually their friend or relative. The domain investor has to pay the renewal fees, yet will be defamed without proof, denied information, opportunities she deserved.
These friends and relatives of the top officials do not want to pay the market price for the domain names, yet falsely claim that they own the domain names, and allegedly get lucrative jobs in R&AW, India's external intelligence agency.

•••
If the .com domain investor is not good looking and well connected enough, top officials in the indian internet sector will falsely claim that the domain names belong to someone else, usually their friend or relative. The domain investor has to pay the renewal fees, yet will be defamed without proof, denied information, opportunities she deserved.
These friends and relatives of the top officials do not want to pay the market price for the domain names, yet falsely claim that they own the domain names, and allegedly get lucrative jobs in R&AW, India's external intelligence agency.

?

•••
It is very unfair for one person to pay all the .com domain renewal expenses, and a well connected good looking fraud who cheated her to get credit, a lucrative job with salary, pension and great powers, falsely claiming that fraud owns the .com domain names

•••
I started, bought about 50 earlier this year at around $30 each. About a month ago I realized that I didn't want to keep up with Chinese premium, Western premium etc, so I decided to get out. I also didn't want to get caught holding them if the bubble bursts, and I always prefer selling to end users and not other domainers. Sold the best ones on GD for low $X,XXX each. Sold the rest in a batch for mid $X,XXX and called it a good short term investment. I now own none and don't plan on buying any more. It's not profit until you leave the table.

•••
What are the chances that people who professionally invest in domains will drop 30K domains that retail for $160-180 each? Why would they do it? Drop 5 mln.USD, yeah right..

again you are counting someone elses money and money they don´t actually have
I want to see someone buy 30k 4 letter .nets- for 5mln USD. show me this guy

•••
•••
and now you think that someone is going to pay $140 for 4 letter .nets and buy them for $6M USD. its insane.

•••
I mean for $140 each I would consider myprotfolio, if someone offered me that money.
I would seriuosly think about it. everything over $200 each I would sell right away.

•••
thats why I am telling you, if someone comes and offers $1000 each for lets say 100 of your random names, you don´t ask for $1500, you say. "THANK YOU SIR" you are so kind.

The lack of knowledge some guys have in this forum is beyond my belives. I mean have you learned anything at all

•••
I personally own LLLL word .nets and hope they will go up in value because of this buyout. I didn't jump on the bandwagon because the buyout happened a bit too quick for me and I think a lot of it was bolstered with registrar sales (ie. bulk buy .99 cent .nets). I do think people with a lot of fiscal liquidity and market smarts can make a lot of money in this current situation but this is just my honest opinion. As far as the bubble goes. I would say that since the buyout just occurred it will take AT LEAST a year before we see whether or not this was a true buyout.

•••
I personally own LLLL word .nets and hope they will go up in value because of this buyout. I didn't jump on the bandwagon because the buyout happened a bit too quick for me and I think a lot of it was bolstered with registrar sales (ie. bulk buy .99 cent .nets). I do think people with a lot of fiscal liquidity and market smarts can make a lot of money in this current situation but this is just my honest opinion. As far as the bubble goes. I would say that since the buyout just occurred it will take AT LEAST a year before we see whether or not this was a true buyout.

thanks for sharing. But they will not.

•••
I personally own LLLL word .nets and hope they will go up in value because of this buyout.
Domains don't increase in value just because they are 'rare', so the buyout doesn't boost prices as proven time and again with LLL.us/biz/in/whatever.
Buyout may influence the reseller market a little bit, but if there are no end users you will be left holding the bag and drop en masse. History repeats itself.
I am not saying one should not buy LLLL.net, but you need to do a proper analysis of the situation and your personal circumstances before making investment decisions, otherwise you are just following the herd.

•••
•••
Now is a good time to sell random 4-5 L/N but isn't a good time to buy.
That Chinese company which bought 30.000 and made a lot of advertising to drive the price probably is selling them now in secret.
When it will be realised that they have no value to Chinese end users, the biggest domain bubble will crash.

•••
Domains don't increase in value just because they are 'rare', so the buyout doesn't boost prices as proven time and again with LLL.us/biz/in/whatever.
Buyout may influence the reseller market a little bit, but if there are no end users you will be left holding the bag and drop en masse. History repeats itself.

That's the oldschool mindset and was very true before 2015.
Now things changed. In new reality with Chinese investors present influence of end users is 5-10% of the market. 1. Domain investors are new end-users., they even go that far, that buy from end-users.
2. Domains increase in value because of the shortness and rarity first, then everything else, starting with digits and patterns like in 5L.
History is history, but what I know is "past performance doesn't guarantee future results". If buyout of the past ended up in fail it doesn't mean that the same will happen in the future.

•••
Now is a good time to sell random 4-5 L/N but isn't a good time to buy.
That Chinese company which bought 30.000 and made a lot of advertising to drive the price probably is selling them now in secret.
When it will be realised that they have no value to Chinese end users, the biggest domain bubble will crash.
That is actually very easy to check. All you need to do is look at the whois of domains registered on July 27th and see if any changes.
But I don't get your point.
1. What's wrong is they sell it, in secret or not in secret?
It's investment company, they bought domains to sell them and make profit.
Having 30K you can receive end-user requests every day and sell some domains for $500-1000.
2. How the fact that they sell it will influence the market?
I assume that they sell it to
a) end-users who not going to drop them
b) domain investors, who also won't drop them after spent good money on purchase.
This way risk of one company dropping 30K domains in one day is spread on many other owners and reduced significantly.
But as we stated before, market professional don't drop domains that retail for $150-200 now, and maybe go for $300-500, by next July, they can just resell small part on market and make enough money for renewal.

•••
•••
top 50 total $123 000
avarege 2460 USD
some guys have bought more then that worth 4 letter .nets
they will have bigger renewal fees coming up then the top 50 total worth

Last edited:
•••
Total 6 out of this 50 are so called chinese premiums

smtp
grfx
nsfw
hdfc
hylg
lgbt

thats 12% total
You do the math, if they should be prices like they are

•••
"Post ideas why you have not invested into 4 letter .net-s"

1) Because I own hundreds of the real LLLL's..... .com
2) When i sell my old car, I upgrade, I do NOT downgrade(same with domains)

•••
almost all 4 letter .nets that had meaning where registered before 2015

•••
Total 6 out of this 50 are so called chinese premiums

smtp
grfx
nsfw
hdfc
hylg
lgbt

thats 12% total
You do the math, if they should be prices like they are

and even then lgbt and smtp is with "western" meaning. So only 4 could be because of Chinese and then even it is questionable.

Say NYET to NET!

(nyet = no in Russian)

•••
•••
That's the oldschool mindset and was very true before 2015.
Old school mindset. Seriously ?

So the Chinese all woke up at the same time ? Hmmm. And now they are even buying .co and .cm domains. They, I mean domainers. Are Chinese speculators representative of Chinese end users at large ? This is the question.

Domain investors are new end-users., they even go that far, that buy from end-users.
The problem is always the same, millions of domains are for sale, but end users are few and far between. This has not changed.
When domainers buy domains at inflated prices due to speculation and frenzy, it only makes resale more difficult. Some people won't be smiling when the music stops.

History is history, but what I know is "past performance doesn't guarantee future results". If buyout of the past ended up in fail it doesn't mean that the same will happen in the future.
In domaining history tends to repeat itself. In fact domaining history is littered with shattered dreams, collective bubbles, and even more individual bubbles since the very early days.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back