Dynadot

discuss Post ideas why you have not invested into 4 letter .net-s

Spaceship
Watch

Have you invested into 4 letter .net-s?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Ok, there are so many 4 letter .net lover threads out there.

Lets discuss why its a bad idea nad waste of money.

I start.

1) there is no end-user demand for them

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am not surprised that you created thread for this.. You are the guy that puts blackmail on everything that you can't get. But no worries you can state all your thoughts , however we all know they are obsolete.

- According to your points, everything except .com is piece of shit. And you are the so called "Guru" of .com for 10 years who stopped buying any domain 2-3 years ago and sold all Chinese domains for $500 3 months ago where as they are now $1350..So you have nothing to do except blackmail other investing topics. And your ignorance of all other extensions are rising at the moment because there is a big change in domain industry which you lost to take oppurtunity..

- According to your thoughts domains are only to create websites.. They can not be investing instrument, and when there is no real demand to create website nobody shouldn't buy any domain. However, you have no understanding of Chinese investors at all and nation of 1,300,000,000 people 674,000 of them internet users. Because your western mind only thinks in old traditional way which buys domains for websites and domains for websites can not be like L and N domains. However, if you consider keyword domains sold in the past were all English keywords which has no sense in all other nations. Especially if you think about Chinese, Indians, Russians etc.. all these nations do have scripting different and Letters and Numbers have more sense to them than just English keywords.

- According to your thoughts .net is piece of shit and crappiest thing ever. Where as today as we see in market all the extension are being traded and sold. .com .net .org .cc .co .info .biz etc. They are all traded. You can stick with your beloved .com but market needs all different variety of instruments and .net extension is very common extension for many years. And it's all about budget if you don't have $15,000 you can not buy LLL.com but you can buy LLL.net for $1,500. If you don't have $250 you can not buy LLLL.com but you can buy LLLL.net for $25. It's all about budget every domain has different price.

There are not only two colors black and white in the world.. We all should accept all other colors exist in the nature... And one person should not try to dominate environment against others..

•••
@domeen Why not post your points in one post?
Use the numeric list option?

You comments, though I agree with most..look like spam.
My honest opinion. that's all.

•••
There is demand for 4L .net domains (without AEIOUV).

I have got offer $100 for only Chinese premium I have. I have around 25 4L non Chinese. Seems that demand is lifting up.

Read here about 4L .net: https://www.namepros.com/threads/882216/

•••
They are not .com

.net is not peoples first choice, or even their second...
We as domainers may say it's behind .com but if you go to the average person on the street or a startup, they will not choose a .net. They will choose .com, .org or even a new extension. Domainers have created their or our own world or value system apart from reality. Most .net sites i visit are not developed. I am not sure but even .org might have a better stat if you compare the ratio of "registered: developed". So more registrations doesn't always equal better.

As of now I am not investing in an extention with little to no end users...I cannot let my investment be swayed to and fro by the chinese economy.

But my thinking could evolve..After-all China is a huge place. If they like an extension.. that could be something worthwhile...and sometimes in domaining you have small windows of opportunities with ballooned prices/value where you can make a good flip.

•••
I'm glad so much of domainers attention is going this way ... makes it easier for me to register proper names :)

•••
While this goes on, attention is directed at these "niches", and less competition exists at the names with good end-user potential.

The LLLL.net I bought years ago on the aftermarket are fantastic in my opnion-but these were reg'd 15-20 years ago. The one that newbies are told to reg from July-present are based on hype-all created to make off with newbies money. Sad to be quite honest. And it's disgusting to note that this mindset exists in some people. But Karma is a real-and their actions will bring about their own demise one way or the other.

Still, for me-I have more interest in .com than .net so what I know brings money in, is what I stick with. .Net is a tiny fraction of my portfolio-for obvious reasons.

•••
13). I have seen .com version domain selling for $10k, and the .net still available. I have seen .com sell for $3200, then registered the .net and tryed to sell it to the .com owner. The .com owner told me to fuck myself

•••
no no, in this thread here is no speech freedom. this my thread. i post my ideas here
and all haters also welcome
thanks

As far as I know, there is no such rule in this platform.. And also threads can not be owned by people..

•••
And also if you think all your points are right, why are you getting disturbed from my counter ideas for your thoughts? maybe you are afraid that your points are wrong?

•••
Can you kindly team me why the 2008 LLLL.com buyout end in a bubble burst?
I was not here those years and those forums have more than 100pages.
Please do not reply with only no enduser.
Thanks

That was a price bubble-but the buyout held, mainly because the registrations of LLLL.com occurred over a longer period of time.

With LLLL.net these registration are over recent months. The last 20-25% of registrations, i.e. over 100k happned in less than than a week-according to a post I read. So the LLLL.net bubble when it pops, will result in a rude price drop, and the buyout not holding at all. This is pure hype.

It reminds me of when a Chinese guy back in January 2012 reg'd the bulk of the LLL.co left at the time... that was thousands. People here were celebrating saying the prices are going to go up, etc, etc. It never held-he dropped them after 12 months. 2015 there were still LLL.co to reg. And here we are talking of something which have held much more easily because of only 17.5k combinations, but didn't.

Something similar happened now with LLLL.net when one registrant reg'd 30k LLLL.net in one shot. Either he gets rid of them, or drops them. Also, the timeframe for this LLLL.net buyout is ridiculously short, not like LLLL.com buyout which occurred over years.

•••
.NET's will not be purchased by me. I own 1 4L .Net and that's because I own the matching 4L.com that has 60k+ monthly searches.

Threads like this are entertaining to read, but unnecessary. Everyone pretty much watches the 4L.net "countdown" thread and just laughs at it.

•••
Can you kindly team me why the 2008 LLLL.com buyout end in a bubble burst?
I was not here those years and those forums have more than 100pages.
Please do not reply with only no enduser.
Thanks

why? because then also there where a lot guys buying into them, they didn`t know how hard its actually sell domains. I would say its lack of knowledge.

a lot money + stupidity = bubble that will eventually burst.

currently there is a lot money, and the bubble can go on. I don´t know when it will burst. if Chinese will start investing into something else. Now they can have 2 kids. In Shanghai there is realestate bubble since 2003, no signs of cooling.
I would say, if some Chinese law will be changed or they just get bored of domains.
Or if stock market in China will be attractive again.

•••
I mean when I started, I worked 4-6 hours day with drop lists. I scanned them, looked for hidden gems.
I had to be better then others. I didn`t have the money to compete with others on bidding wars.
I invested every penny I got from selling domains/ PPC. Every night bidding wars at snapnames/namewinner. 10 years or so. Now some idiot says I have lost my "know how", I don´t know how to make money. He is investing with credit card to 4 letter .net-s. Says he is the new domain King. Thats a joke. thats nothing more.
I tell them, guys model like this dosen`t work. Its a bubble. They laugh say that China is investing, China needs domain names. My GOD.

I say to all the lovers it will end bad for you and your mother next door. You will have to eat apples for years after this.

•••
Something similar happened now with LLLL.net when one registrant reg'd 30k LLLL.net in one shot. Either he gets rid of them, or drops them.

He, who registered 30K Chinese LLLL.net is big investment company that owns over 300000 domains, who plans on keeping them for at least 5 years.
You would know this already, if get out from under the rock where you spent last year more often.
What are the chances that people who professionally invest in domains will drop 30K domains that retail for $160-180 each? Why would they do it? Drop 5 mln.USD, yeah right.

About 100K of LLLL.net we still have to see what happens, but from what I saw people who were taking them are not small investors either. I will look more into the data and figure it out.

•••
thanks for the reply.
How much time from the buyout the bubble explode for the past events (LLL.co and the 2007 dot com)?
i can guess at the first renewal date..

What happened?
fall in prices in few months or go to low level in a week or so?

With .com-they didn't know how hard it was to sell above the price levels they bought at as @domeen said. So when renewals came, they began to dump at reg fee and lower.

With LLL.co- the prices fell within 6 months of the buyout as the anniversary period was around then. Prices dropped to low as $1 two weeks before expiry... that is after they spent minimum $60 per name-sometimes $100s when they bought them from other domainers. By September/October 2012 onwards 100s and then 1000s were available. January 2013, the Chinese buyer dropped the 1000s he reg'd- and that's how LLL.co ended. To put things into perspective, "triple premium" domains were available to reg.

He, who registered 30K Chinese LLLL.net is big investment company that owns over 300000 domains, who plans on keeping them for at least 5 years.

Good luck with that.

Last edited:
•••
I personally own LLLL word .nets and hope they will go up in value because of this buyout.
Domains don't increase in value just because they are 'rare', so the buyout doesn't boost prices as proven time and again with LLL.us/biz/in/whatever.
Buyout may influence the reseller market a little bit, but if there are no end users you will be left holding the bag and drop en masse. History repeats itself.
I am not saying one should not buy LLLL.net, but you need to do a proper analysis of the situation and your personal circumstances before making investment decisions, otherwise you are just following the herd.

•••
"Post ideas why you have not invested into 4 letter .net-s"

1) Because I own hundreds of the real LLLL's..... .com
2) When i sell my old car, I upgrade, I do NOT downgrade(same with domains)

•••
4). if you register 4 letter .net in 2015 november they right away have value of $100. it dosen´t matter that for 30 years they where not registered

•••
@domeen Why not post your points in one post?
Use the numeric list option?

You comments, though I agree with most..look like spam.
My honest opinion. that's all.

It looks cooler that way. IMO. but I resepect your opinion

•••
12)developing .net will always give edge to the .com owner. .com owener gets a lot of your type-in traffic. net owner will lose traffic - Traffic thats is valuable.

Last edited:
•••
16). lets be real. why should anyone in right mind use 4 letter .net for a company site? dosen´t it sound a little cheap.

In which standards???? It's only your standards, maybe in China it doesn't in India it doesn't how do you know??? And especially after generics extension.. I believe any extension can be used for company... They all have different price, if it's startup company can choose to invest less on naming and invest on other things..
And also as I said you only think with western mind never understand eastern people. Or at least try to understand.

**** Liquid domains are not only for setting up business, they are investing instruments.. Ever thought about this.

•••
Please keep LOVERS comments for LOVERS threads.
this is haters list

There is freedom of speech as you have stated all your ideas in Lovers thread as much as you wanted..

•••
yes, but they are not liquid or worth investing.

In where in USA? Ever thought about other countries China, India, Europe, Russia, Brazil etc..

•••
'...why you have not invested into 4 letter .net-s?'

Because I have invested into 63 letter .TOP 's.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back