NameSilo

discuss Post ideas why you have not invested into 4 letter .net-s

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Have you invested into 4 letter .net-s?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Ok, there are so many 4 letter .net lover threads out there.

Lets discuss why its a bad idea nad waste of money.

I start.

1) there is no end-user demand for them

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
but then again now guys here in forum are asking, if they should start investing into 6 letter .net domains

Sad, Sad

•••
Sometimes I think some guys forget that domains are here to be short and remembable. Thats the idea. If its already shorter to type IP address, why the hell should I pay $1000 for 8n.com

•••
but then again now guys here in forum are asking, if they should start investing into 6 letter .net domains

Sad, Sad
We have to invest in 5/6 letters.COM domains first :)

•••
•••
you most be mad at your money, if you buy random Chinese premium .net for $200
instead you could have 4 letter non Chinese premium .com

•••
See whats weird is i bought a llll.net domain looked through the archive and it was a chinese website... and it had i and u cvvc though its not a premium.

So my question is does it really matter that its a premium they still use the domains with aeiouv?

•••
So my question is does it really matter that its a premium they still use the domains with aeiouv?

I brought this up before in another thread somewhere... the whole 'aeiouv' 'pinyin' buying is for people specifically interested in those types of domains, flipping and trading them.

Many Chinese end users have sites on domains that use vowels, because PinYin includes vowels in their words, except for "V". I own a LLNN that gets over 100+ daily direct visitors, and it has a "U" in it. The "LL" part is an actual PinYin word.

So knowing both of these facts, just begs the question... "Why aren't 4L's with vowels being bought as well?"

Answer: The 'PinYin' 4L buying wave is a domainer driven market, not an end user market, and it's the investors that are following the non-aeiouv narrative.

It's one of many reasons why seasoned investors are expecting a bubble to burst.

•••
See whats weird is i bought a llll.net domain looked through the archive and it was a chinese website... and it had i and u cvvc though its not a premium.

LLLL.net is popular choice for Chinese end-users. After all LLLL.com were registered by Western people Chinese were forced to go LLLL.net if they wanted to save money. Out of my Net chips 60-70% have Chinese website in Archive.
Didn't check Non-AEIOUV for this matter, but if your domain have Pinyin sound in it I wouldn't be surprised.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back