Domain Empire

advice Please help with my domains before I QUIT

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SamDam

Established Member
Impact
I'm newbie in domaining and I reached this after many years of struggling in what they say "making money from internet marketing" which till now I don't believe although I watched a lot of courses and trainings and trainers show proofs of their money made by them, After many years of investing a lot of money and time in general Internet Marketing and domains, I'm out of money.

But let us get back to my new discovery of Domaining industry since 3 months, I read a lot and watched few courses, I bought till now about 30 domains, tried to sell any of them, but no way.

The bad thing that I didn't sell any one of them and NO MONEY at all. I need to sell even one domain, I need to make one sale, I need to make few hundreds to continue in this domaining.

So My question is, what is fastest way to sell a domain with a descent money in return or even a little???
I thought of to offer all my 30 domains here or any where else, hoping may be one domain will interest any of domainers her, should I do this or it's a bad idea?

So, please help with my domains before I QUIT

Thanks for your time, appreciate your supportive inputs.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Appreciate all your inputs, but if I can repeat a question in a previous reply about Flippa, How do you see the sold names in Flippa which do not make any sense for me as per domaining rules.

Also when searching for names in ExpiredDomains.net should I pick ones with CPC & SV or it's not needed for flipping strategy.

•••
I've been using Dynadot religiously. The fees are lower and the layout is easy to navigate. And that's right except I'll never buy another extension except .com.

NEVER

Thanks for support, I'm also trying to stick with .com although I see sometimes sales of .net & .io and others with many thousands if just check DNjournal and Flippa,

Also I trying to stick with GoDaddy only because of its low priced backorder and bidding, I think DynaDot also starts with $15.99. what's your suggestions?

•••
There is a price point for spending per year. I spend more than 3000.00 a year on domains there so I pay 8.75 without having to buy a membership or package like Godaddy promotes.

It's free to search, 'watch' and bid on domains.

•••
I'm interested in some other extensions but I see limited value in other extensions unless it's a domain hack. I have two of these and I'm negotiating for another two letter .ly which is a dictionary word and it's a hack.

•••
It's somewhere between being a gold nugget and a handful of gold dust - a minor gem in the making !

Thank for you input, I'm sorry that I'm not not and English Native speaking, but what I understood from your words that it's a valuable domain or nothing at all, but I think this domain is great as ruby on rails Language is getting more famous and spread all over the world, I read a little about, because of that I registered, Hope someone will have interest in it. I will do some marketing to sell it or an auction coming days or weeks.

•••
Abide by the three-strokes (of a pen)-and-a domain-is-out rule that represents the deviation from an ideal norm of a dictionary word with each applied stroke that reads as follows: a domain can tolerate addition of another key-word to transform it into a phrase; further, it can bend without breaking under the weight of an extra 's' even when it's used to turn a well-worn phrase into grammatical plurality; but imposition of a final modification will send it straight into the BIN of delete-expiration nullification :)

Last edited:
•••
Wow, you have gotten some really good advice here by some pros...hope you spend some time reading more posts here and in other threads.

Not wishing to rush the events by allusion to the above as a cue to wrap up the discussion prematurely, allow me to take liberty with wise words of Buddha: ''I (read: we, the namepros) have not kept a single teaching hidden in a closed hand. Everything that is useful for you I (read: we, the namepros) have already given. Be your own guiding light''.

•••
sometimes a piece of information doesn't sink in

Let's say, you are running around and looking for the perfect name.

Identify one task/name and one task/name only.

For example, today I finished reading the entire article about chronic pain. I got an idea!

How about a new, atypical dizzy domain (trade) name for painkiller!

Let's just start digging! (my daily correlate job)

Target Customer:
Pain, Help, Feel, Better, Relax, Stress, Life, Easy, Smile, Family, Friends, Happy, Healthy, Positive, Release and Outcome.

Target Interjections:
Ouch, Argh, Gah, Yeow, Meh, Nuh-uh, Oww ...

Target Subconscious:
Fear, Breath, Sweat, Nervous, Uncertainty, Unconfident, Aggressive, ...

Target Age:
25+

Target Industry:
Hospital, Pharmacy, Doctor, Nurse, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematic …

Target Geo:
World ...

Target Language:
English ...

Target Advertising:
Funny, Trust, Play, Confident, Straight, Relief, Strong, Excite, Affordable, Advanced, Color, Accord and Avoid …

(+ 30 more Targets - 38 in total)

Target key words:

Accept
— Concept
Release
—- Ease
Relief
— Lief

+ Shot
+ Lift
+ Lief
++ Fortify

New pain killer name:

Liefort

(no TM, common last name, pronounceable, available hand reg.)

(This is just meant as an example. Quick, fiction exam.)

Kind regards

•••
agreed, i selling names that i have owned for 2-7 years - patience is key

•••
Some good advice offered so far. And I would stick to .COMs if I were in your shoes

•••
I watched a lot of courses and trainings and trainers show proofs of their money made by them, After many years of investing a lot of money and time in general Internet Marketing and domains, I'm out of money.

Your question itself answers it.

There are many "fake it until you make it/self proclaimed gurus" on the internet right now.

Sorry you fell for that kind of thing.

Also very sorry that you have got the domain names that you shown above.

If I was in your place. Then rather then throwing out money to hand register 100 names and dreaming to sell one of it for 1 million dollars..... I would choose other path. Which would be to invest same money into LLLL.coms or something that is liquid. That way you get some returns and if you are destined to sell your domain name for a million or two then even your 4 letter .com can go for a million.

Thanks.

•••
Can someone explain to me how in Flippa, if you check Just Sold domains, you will notice domains with no meaning or rules of valuable sold for few hundreds, or even thousands. are these real?

flipa are the place for website investor and SEOs! they will buy longdomainwithuglynameswithhypenandnumber.com for $500! but if you sell sex.com! believe it or not, they will bid less $10! :) just FYI, everymarketplace have their own niche with different buyer type!
my suggestion, try to read first, learn a lot and etc! even my sellf, have to consume hundreds of pages everyday! because by doing that, I can save more money and make profit!
Just FYI , I am not domainer! I am a seller :)

•••
Thanks for support, I'm also trying to stick with .com although I see sometimes sales of .net & .io and others with many thousands if just check DNjournal and Flippa,

The expert opinion unequivocally states best ROI in .io extension are achieved for identical domains in .com extension that historically broke through at least a 4-5 figure ceiling in sales.

•••
I'm interested in some other extensions but I see limited value in other extensions unless it's a domain hack. I have two of these and I'm negotiating for another two letter .ly which is a dictionary word and it's a hack.

I've never been a fan of. ly and as such I don't own a. ly domain as the only place I see them is on one of the brandable websites I can't remember which now

I'd like to always prefer a. Com given the choice

•••
On the upside, with an entry set at a hand-registration fee, it's one of the few democratically accessible fields where one can be poor and still call oneself an investor, as in a domain names investor :)

As more people globally get access to the Internet and a search engine etc domain names could give people and communities a career via buying. Coms from a smart phone enabling them to enjoy a better standard of living

•••
As more people globally get access to the Internet and a search engine etc domain names could give people and communities a career via buying. Coms from a smart phone enabling them to enjoy a better standard of living

The main point of my post with that domaining provided a membership short-cut in the formerly exclusive investors' club

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for all your advises, Since I started about 3 months, I'm learning too hard, I started with local domains and did send for each local one from 50 to 100 emails trying to sell and monitored opening emails through SideKick by Hubspot but only one response with no sale after I asked him to offer a price,

Here are sample of my domains, sorted by date registering :-
InternetMarketingOfferz.com
Valued.host
PharaohsLife.com
SaveMarriageGuidance.com
ClicksPress.com
WomanRed.top
MyRings.top
MyEarRings.shop
FamilyScarves.shop
SalinaFootDoctor.com
DallasArthritisDoctor.com
FloridaCosmeticDoctor.com
Xedo.us
iWire.us
iKid.us
Tamr.us
Vrom.us
Vahm.us
Wrld.us
ZipLN.com
DonCorleonePizza.com
MalikaBeauty.com
MariaHairSalon.com
SamsTreeServices.com
RubyDeveloper.org
SocialMediaMonitor.org

I know most of them are crappy ones but from DonCorleonePizza.com I'm starting to pick specific criteria, I'm using lately ExpiredDomains.net, to search good ones and below are my filters:
Common Tab
1- No Numbers
2- No Hyphens
3- Aged 10 years or more
Additional Tab
4- Only .Com
5- .Net & .Org to registered
Adwords & SEO Tab
6- SV min. 1000
7- CPC min. $1

I'm trying to stick with Godaddy domains as it's cheap to get less than NameJet & SnapNames which are $69 or more.
The point that I wanted to feel some success by selling even one, but this moment didn't come till now, I hope there will be!!

NEVER REGISTER a name if you are barely starting, and Never buy a reseller name because you feel good about it.

Buy reseller and check the comparable data at namebio.com , there you have it.

•••
I'm newbie in domaining and I reached this after many years of struggling in what they say "making money from internet marketing" which till now I don't believe although I watched a lot of courses and trainings and trainers show proofs of their money made by them, After many years of investing a lot of money and time in general Internet Marketing and domains, I'm out of money.

But let us get back to my new discovery of Domaining industry since 3 months, I read a lot and watched few courses, I bought till now about 30 domains, tried to sell any of them, but no way.

The bad thing that I didn't sell any one of them and NO MONEY at all. I need to sell even one domain, I need to make one sale, I need to make few hundreds to continue in this domaining.

So My question is, what is fastest way to sell a domain with a descent money in return or even a little???
I thought of to offer all my 30 domains here or any where else, hoping may be one domain will interest any of domainers her, should I do this or it's a bad idea?

So, please help with my domains before I QUIT

Thanks for your time, appreciate your supportive inputs.

If your domains are same as in your signature (doncorleonepizza.com), than my friend you won't be able to sell your domains easily.
First you got to learn which domain you should buy to flip for some good profit. I also use expireddomains.net, but did never pay attention to cpc or any other derivative, I just select on the basis of keywords.
if you list on flippa or any other platform, than again you got to market your domains in forums like NP and social media and also try to target end users.
Last i would say to share some of your names.

Last edited:
•••
and I have sold 9 domains that were all reg fee.
Congrats Scotty, for the 9 sales, if you can share some more info about?
I wish I can sell few reg fee ones just to re-invest in more expensive domains,

I went to page 1 of completed domain sales and just started reading. I am now at almost 400 pages of previous sales

but do you mean this sub forum?
https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/

Last edited:
•••
•••
have some rules for buying, a good one might be, only names which are 5 or more years old, if someone had enough faith or had "bites" for a name to keep (renewing) it for a few years then even if they are dropping it now you can feel confident it MAY contain some value

•••
Before playing game we should know rules of the game.

•••
We all seem to have different ideas as to the best way to make money from names. There is some pretty mixed advice here, but these are the point that I would repeat

Only register .coms
Don't register hyphens or numerics.
Don't buy names until you have an appreciation of value. Yes, you can make more by buying names, but you can also lose more.
Look for deleted names that you can pick up for reg fee, and stop when you have 10, don't get any more until you have sold at least 2.
Broaden your search on expired names, and try to find 2 or 3 word key phrases, Put the exact keyphrase into Google, and if you don't get any sponsored links, then pass on this name.

There are more points, and remember that you need to develop a feel for names.

I'll have a look on expired names, and see if I can find an example for you.

•••
Here are a couple of names that look as if they might have some potential, but there is no advertising on the phrase searches. I passed on them, as I thought they needed a bit of work for a low return.

SportyNames.com
FreeScarves.com

•••
@SamDam

Work on your portfolio make more research, read all the comments, but let me tell you this:

There are few domains make sense on your portfolio, which is a great start!

My personal favorites from your portfolio are;

DallasArthritisDoctor.com
FloridaCosmeticDoctor.com
RubyDeveloper.org

They are not the best, but I say hang on them!

As some of our friends mentioned, You need to be patient and spend time on your investments.

This business is about investing not trading.

Don`t you ever be hopeless.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back