IT.COM

advice Please help with my domains before I QUIT

Spaceship
Watch

SamDam

Established Member
Impact
I'm newbie in domaining and I reached this after many years of struggling in what they say "making money from internet marketing" which till now I don't believe although I watched a lot of courses and trainings and trainers show proofs of their money made by them, After many years of investing a lot of money and time in general Internet Marketing and domains, I'm out of money.

But let us get back to my new discovery of Domaining industry since 3 months, I read a lot and watched few courses, I bought till now about 30 domains, tried to sell any of them, but no way.

The bad thing that I didn't sell any one of them and NO MONEY at all. I need to sell even one domain, I need to make one sale, I need to make few hundreds to continue in this domaining.

So My question is, what is fastest way to sell a domain with a descent money in return or even a little???
I thought of to offer all my 30 domains here or any where else, hoping may be one domain will interest any of domainers her, should I do this or it's a bad idea?

So, please help with my domains before I QUIT

Thanks for your time, appreciate your supportive inputs.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
sorry, i don't see any value in those names - you may get lucky on the forum but most likely pennies on the dollar.

you mentioned you are out of money - this is not, nor has it ever been a get rich fast industry. Takes time, patience and money. (along with understanding, experience and a good eye for names)

•••
I'm newbie in domaining and I reached this after many years of struggling in what they say "making money from internet marketing" which till now I don't believe although I watched a lot of courses and trainings and trainers show proofs of their money made by them, After many years of investing a lot of money and time in general Internet Marketing and domains, I'm out of money.

But let us get back to my new discovery of Domaining industry since 3 months, I read a lot and watched few courses, I bought till now about 30 domains, tried to sell any of them, but no way.

The bad thing that I didn't sell any one of them and NO MONEY at all. I need to sell even one domain, I need to make one sale, I need to make few hundreds to continue in this domaining.

So My question is, what is fastest way to sell a domain with a descent money in return or even a little???
I thought of to offer all my 30 domains here or any where else, hoping may be one domain will interest any of domainers her, should I do this or it's a bad idea?

Thanks for your time, appreciate your supportive inputs.

You already got great advice in this thread, but I would like to add the following: Perseverance is key and you need to think long term. Also do lots of research and ask questions; you're already doing that so Kudos!

Remember, we all have to start at the bottom. If you keep at it, you'll make mistakes that you can learn from and that's how you gradually become better at it.

The word "Quit" needs to not be part of anything you do; otherwise you'll quickly find that you are quitting one thing for another. Stick to it and in time, you'll be glad you did.

•••
But patience and time are the best investment tools in any investment eg stockmarket or property or domains

On the upside, with an entry set at a hand-registration fee, it's one of the few democratically accessible fields where one can be poor and still call oneself an investor, as in a domain names investor :)

Last edited:
•••
You need to put all your eggs into the same basket if you have a few eggs (if you are a small investor). It means you need to buy a few expensive domains rather than many cheap domains. Plain logic does not work in business life. Never follow the crowd.

•••
I would concentrate on generic names. U have good GEO, I guess, but I haven't had luck with GEO. . .

People sell domains overnight, ya. . . But if ur new like me, u probably can't pull that off so plan on renewing ur domains for at least 2 years before making a sale.

Don't give up yet ^^

•••
i am also new to domain buying and selling and it does take a lot of effort and time for me. i hope you stick to it by learning more and eventually earn more

•••
Data is key

Before a potential domainer buys a single domain they will probably use already publicly available domain name data or just a hunch that if I buy this domain name it should be easy to sell etc

But once you have bought a few domain names etc you then have your own unique data based on the domains you bought when you bought them and how much you sold each domain and how much you paid for your domains and how much profit you made and which domains you did not manage to sell etc and which domains you chose to renew and which domains you allow to expire etc and in time you will have your own domain name portfolio that you put together that works for you because you manage your portfolio around you etc which is important because it's you who either refuses lowball offers and or holds out long term for higher offers etc

But eventually your portfolio will be able to self fund itself because as you start to tweak your portfolio here and there it will slowly but surely produce sales that will allow you to reinvest sales $'s into your portfolio by way of a couple of renewals and possibly a few new domains in time etc

But renewals buy time

Each domain is effectively bait in the whois lake

If you don't renew good domains your domains expire from the whois lake

You can't catch a shark on fresh air

So you need good domains in whois etc that people will at some point look to find in whois and find that you own the domain they want to buy

So you need to think like an end user eg what domain would an end user in a certain industry sector or profession want to buy? in. Com obviously

•••
Don't ever go all in on something you lack knowledge on and NEVER give up unless it's absolutely critical.

•••
I've been using Dynadot religiously. The fees are lower and the layout is easy to navigate. And that's right except I'll never buy another extension except .com.

NEVER

•••
RubyDeveloper.org

It's somewhere between being a gold nugget and a handful of gold dust - a minor gem in the making !

•••
but what I understood from your words that it's a valuable domain or nothing at all

I meant to express your domain to be either in the good or very good category :)

•••
Wow, you have gotten some really good advice here by some pros...hope you spend some time reading more posts here and in other threads.

It took over a year to sell my first domain...I too bought many I should not have and they finally dropped and went away. I learned an awful lot (still learning years later) and made better buys as time progressed.

Being a domain investor is tough, but don't give up yet...focus on the 3-5 names that others have suggested have value and do outbound marketing...then, and only then, buy a couple more names and wait until something sells to buy more.

I wish you good luck...don't give up yet.

•••
I think you're starting to figure it out. Make an effort to sell what you have over the next few months and use whatever you recoup to target some new domains. Getting too specific with a domain name limits the number of potential buyers. Once you have a great list of domains in your account, you really need to have some patience. Lots of sales are made to businesses entering the market years after the domain was purchased.

•••
Few insights from my personal experiences

1) Stick only to .com
2) While registering or buying domains ask yourself -
" If it was for me ..Will i use this domain to launch a company / product / service? "
3) Domaining is about good sales techniques too as much as domain name itself. So you need to build sales strategies. Try to stick to a few industries in the beginning.
4) As experts pointed out look at recent and past domain sales from sites like Namebio.com
5) Never Quit, start slow. let this be a side thing rather than main income.

- Leopard

•••
before I QUIT

What I can see (your portfolio) it is quite blurry and not crisp and clear in your vision. Focus on more positive words and check if a trademark is already there before buying anything (e.g. ikid/wrld/xedo/iwire .us - drop it)

Last edited:
•••
Can someone explain to me how in Flippa, if you check Just Sold domains, you will notice domains with no meaning or rules of valuable sold for few hundreds, or even thousands. are these real?

•••

you are on the right path, if you have done all that you can then it is time to call it a wrap.

Most people stop doing this after a few weeks/months, you are no alone.

At least you gave it a shot.

•••
Buying the first domain is easy buying the next few isn't that hard either but then without really knowing it you have now got yourself a small domain name portfolio which is good etc but that's only the start because now before you know it you'll soon have had your domains nearly a year which means it's renewal time if bought all at once or almost if not a weekly event renewing existing domains but also handregging domains during the year two until depending on your budget you'll have a decision to make eg renew an existing domain or let it expire and buy a different domain that you think is better than the domain you allowed to expire etc but it's all part of fine tuning your portfolio etc

Its a bit like a football team I suppose eg each year some players stay in a team and some join other teams and new players are added to your existing team etc

Your portfolio won't look like it does now in 5years etc

But the completed sales thread is extremely important to read as it gives you a good idea what names people are selling but just as important are the stories behind the sales and the negotiation as not everyone can sell etc but the experienced domain investors and brokers tips are well worth reading

•••
You encouraged me to ask for help! Not sure that is worth much to you though. Good luck in your endeavors.

•••
Some of those names you have, you can sell for a profit. That is the idea. Don't wait for grandiose prices and don't wait for anyone to approach you first. You may end up waiting forever. Before you buy a name, figure out (with research) 5-10 end users who are (not could be) your potential buyers. Then, there is 'Talent'. Some people are just bad in domaning. One must figure out early if they have an eye for picking good names. There are so many more variables. This is a complicated business for sure.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for all your advises, Since I started about 3 months, I'm learning too hard, I started with local domains and did send for each local one from 50 to 100 emails trying to sell and monitored opening emails through SideKick by Hubspot but only one response with no sale after I asked him to offer a price,

Here are sample of my domains, sorted by date registering :-
InternetMarketingOfferz.com
Valued.host
PharaohsLife.com
SaveMarriageGuidance.com
ClicksPress.com
WomanRed.top
MyRings.top
MyEarRings.shop
FamilyScarves.shop
SalinaFootDoctor.com
DallasArthritisDoctor.com
FloridaCosmeticDoctor.com
Xedo.us
iWire.us
iKid.us
Tamr.us
Vrom.us
Vahm.us
Wrld.us
ZipLN.com
DonCorleonePizza.com
MalikaBeauty.com
MariaHairSalon.com
SamsTreeServices.com
RubyDeveloper.org
SocialMediaMonitor.org

I know most of them are crappy ones but from DonCorleonePizza.com I'm starting to pick specific criteria, I'm using lately ExpiredDomains.net, to search good ones and below are my filters:
Common Tab
1- No Numbers
2- No Hyphens
3- Aged 10 years or more
Additional Tab
4- Only .Com
5- .Net & .Org to registered
Adwords & SEO Tab
6- SV min. 1000
7- CPC min. $1

I'm trying to stick with Godaddy domains as it's cheap to get less than NameJet & SnapNames which are $69 or more.
The point that I wanted to feel some success by selling even one, but this moment didn't come till now, I hope there will be!!

I hope you are doing fine,
First post of your thread shows that you have some research and also took some courses, but the domains you mentioned do not show that you are following those lines or you are taking some wrong courses.
NP is really a great place to learn and you will learn by exploring things you need. As you said that you have spend too much time in searching on net how to earn so you know the R&D part. NP is best place while there are other places as well, like domainshane.com and domainsherpa.com. Keep a look on namebio daily and see what is selling.
Your mentioned domains don't show any value, that is the reason you are not getting any response.
You have got some really good advice here from some members, please follow those lines and you would be at a better spot next time.

•••
Hi Samdam,
I agree with @Cyberian ; this is a very interesting thread that has started and I am very impressed with the tons of valuable information and advice we have got all the way, from our NP Experts. I am glad that I have become a NP member and being a newbie in the domaining industry myself, these gems of advice are really valuable for me too, as part of my daily learning process.

Just to keep the MOTIVATION lines ON; I would agree with the recommendations & suggestions of many our our members above - READ, READ, READ & LEARN , LEARN, LEARN before making any huge investments.
I am trying to follow the same strategy now, till I feel more confident.
All the best to YOU (and me as well) ;):)

Hello SamDam,

I want to thank you for starting what has turned into an outstanding, insightful, and all around informative thread.
And I want to thank the NP Community.

SamDam, here is the kicker.
I'd be willing to bet that I'm not the only 10+ year member that has learned something new from the advice given by the members in this thread.
We never stop learning. It's the little tricks here and there that make the difference.

Don't quit. Lick your wounds. Put away the credit card for awhile. Continue to read and learn how this business works.
You have been offered a wealth of information from this thread already.
Use it wisely. Take your time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Another thing, and I'm not trying to embarrass you or anything, but being a non native English speaker makes it harder when it comes to joining words.
There are many non native English speaking members of NamePros can help you with this.
All you have to do is ask. Someone will step up.

Good Luck.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
Hey there,

Before we can give any advice on how and where to sell your domains, could you share a few examples of what you bought and own?

Thanks for all your advises, Since I started about 3 months, I'm learning too hard, I started with local domains and did send for each local one from 50 to 100 emails trying to sell and monitored opening emails through SideKick by Hubspot but only one response with no sale after I asked him to offer a price,

Here are sample of my domains, sorted by date registering :-
InternetMarketingOfferz.com
Valued.host
PharaohsLife.com
SaveMarriageGuidance.com
ClicksPress.com
WomanRed.top
MyRings.top
MyEarRings.shop
FamilyScarves.shop
SalinaFootDoctor.com
DallasArthritisDoctor.com
FloridaCosmeticDoctor.com
Xedo.us
iWire.us
iKid.us
Tamr.us
Vrom.us
Vahm.us
Wrld.us
ZipLN.com
DonCorleonePizza.com
MalikaBeauty.com
MariaHairSalon.com
SamsTreeServices.com
RubyDeveloper.org
SocialMediaMonitor.org

I know most of them are crappy ones but from DonCorleonePizza.com I'm starting to pick specific criteria, I'm using lately ExpiredDomains.net, to search good ones and below are my filters:
Common Tab
1- No Numbers
2- No Hyphens
3- Aged 10 years or more
Additional Tab
4- Only .Com
5- .Net & .Org to registered
Adwords & SEO Tab
6- SV min. 1000
7- CPC min. $1

I'm trying to stick with Godaddy domains as it's cheap to get less than NameJet & SnapNames which are $69 or more.
The point that I wanted to feel some success by selling even one, but this moment didn't come till now, I hope there will be!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back