Dynadot

advice Please help with my domains before I QUIT

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SamDam

Established Member
Impact
I'm newbie in domaining and I reached this after many years of struggling in what they say "making money from internet marketing" which till now I don't believe although I watched a lot of courses and trainings and trainers show proofs of their money made by them, After many years of investing a lot of money and time in general Internet Marketing and domains, I'm out of money.

But let us get back to my new discovery of Domaining industry since 3 months, I read a lot and watched few courses, I bought till now about 30 domains, tried to sell any of them, but no way.

The bad thing that I didn't sell any one of them and NO MONEY at all. I need to sell even one domain, I need to make one sale, I need to make few hundreds to continue in this domaining.

So My question is, what is fastest way to sell a domain with a descent money in return or even a little???
I thought of to offer all my 30 domains here or any where else, hoping may be one domain will interest any of domainers her, should I do this or it's a bad idea?

So, please help with my domains before I QUIT

Thanks for your time, appreciate your supportive inputs.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey there,

Before we can give any advice on how and where to sell your domains, could you share a few examples of what you bought and own?

•••
You probably need to adjust your expectations. This is not a get rich quick business.
It takes hard work and dedication like anything else.

If you are having a hard time selling your domains it is normally one of these two issues -

1.) Your domains are not that good. No one wants to buy bad domains.
2.) Your prices are too high.

If you just want to sell them, you can post them on Namepros in an auction starting at $1 and see where it goes.

Brad

•••
Based on your writing, you probably need to be very careful about hand registering domains. Hand registering good domains is not easy, especially if you are trying to register domains in english and if english is not your first language. I see alot of domains that are in english but don't make sense and are just junk.

Now, what you should know is that buying domain names with the intent of selling them for a profit is not easy. You really need to know what buyers are buying. You need to understand how to find the best deals when you are registering names. There are many factors you should research before committing to a domain registration.

Of course, if you have lots of money you don't need to be as careful, but from what you have said, that is not the case.

You should probably just assume that the 30 domains you have will not bring you anything. This way, if you do manage to sell some, it will be more than you expected based on the quality of the names. 30 names at best cost you about $300 to register. So, maybe you've lost $300.

I hope the names you have are actually decent and have some value, even $1. Otherwise, learn from your mistake of buying before you really knew what you were doing.

It happens.

•••
Also, domaining is not a job you quit. It's investing, acquisitions and sales. All investing in anything comes with some level of risk. Be very careful not to invest your grocery money in domain names. That would be a very bad idea.

•••
I'm newbie in domaining

But let us get back to my new discovery of Domaining industry since 3 months, I read a lot and watched few courses, I bought till now about 30 domains, tried to sell any of them, but no way.

So, please help with my domains before I QUIT

Thanks for your time, appreciate your supportive inputs.

Art of domaining takes time. Most people try it and quit in few months or 1,2 years.
This global business is highly competitive. Keep learning, discuss and start with few sales.
I am learning too.
Good luck.

•••
Buy a good looking 4l .com
For below 250 usd

And set it for sale at 888 usd
That may sell in 1 to 5 years

Good luck

Ps
When you set it at 6450 usd
It may sell within 1 to 5 years

•••
before I QUIT

What I can see (your portfolio) it is quite blurry and not crisp and clear in your vision. Focus on more positive words and check if a trademark is already there before buying anything (e.g. ikid/wrld/xedo/iwire .us - drop it)

Last edited:
•••
Hey there,

Before we can give any advice on how and where to sell your domains, could you share a few examples of what you bought and own?

Thanks for all your advises, Since I started about 3 months, I'm learning too hard, I started with local domains and did send for each local one from 50 to 100 emails trying to sell and monitored opening emails through SideKick by Hubspot but only one response with no sale after I asked him to offer a price,

Here are sample of my domains, sorted by date registering :-
InternetMarketingOfferz.com
Valued.host
PharaohsLife.com
SaveMarriageGuidance.com
ClicksPress.com
WomanRed.top
MyRings.top
MyEarRings.shop
FamilyScarves.shop
SalinaFootDoctor.com
DallasArthritisDoctor.com
FloridaCosmeticDoctor.com
Xedo.us
iWire.us
iKid.us
Tamr.us
Vrom.us
Vahm.us
Wrld.us
ZipLN.com
DonCorleonePizza.com
MalikaBeauty.com
MariaHairSalon.com
SamsTreeServices.com
RubyDeveloper.org
SocialMediaMonitor.org

I know most of them are crappy ones but from DonCorleonePizza.com I'm starting to pick specific criteria, I'm using lately ExpiredDomains.net, to search good ones and below are my filters:
Common Tab
1- No Numbers
2- No Hyphens
3- Aged 10 years or more
Additional Tab
4- Only .Com
5- .Net & .Org to registered
Adwords & SEO Tab
6- SV min. 1000
7- CPC min. $1

I'm trying to stick with Godaddy domains as it's cheap to get less than NameJet & SnapNames which are $69 or more.
The point that I wanted to feel some success by selling even one, but this moment didn't come till now, I hope there will be!!

•••
don't renew them buy 1 4l.com instead

•••
Seriously??? Dude..... you need to quit now!!

I don't mean to disrespect you or anything but domaining is speculative which means you need to own many domains for every one you sell. Then you need to carefully consider when and where you are going to market your domains.

All this takes time, and from the sounds of it you don't have any.

Post your domains in auction, sell what you can, lick your wounds and be done with it.

Again... sorry to be blunt, but I will give you honest advice.

Last edited:
•••
I think it was wise of you to change your strategy to buying expired .com only. Don't register any more .top, .host, .shop, or .us -- it's money down the drain for all of those.

If you wanted to sell domains by contacting possible end users, I think these two are your best bets: FloridaCosmeticDoctor.com and RubyDeveloper.org.

SocialMediaMonitor.org also appeals to me, because it seems like a good fit with the .org tld.

All the rest, I'd cut my losses and drop or sell them for a few peanuts.

I know it sucks to have domains that you can't sell, but keep in mind you're gaining good experience and getting advice that will help you down the line. Good luck and don't quit!

•••
•••
You would have been so much better off spending that $300 on just one good domain. I advise you to spend the next 6 months just reading this forum without registering any more domains.

•••
Can someone explain to me how in Flippa, if you check Just Sold domains, you will notice domains with no meaning or rules of valuable sold for few hundreds, or even thousands. are these real?

•••
The problem I immediately see with your domains is that you see too small. Example "Maria Hair Salon" .. who would buy that domain?? Only Maria Hair Salon.

You have to buy domains that could fit a lot of businesses. Not one specific local store. That is not the way to go. You will never sell a domain doing that.

Stay in [.com] ... stop registering .us/.shop/.top .... stay in .com
No longer then 12 characters (1 or 2 words).
No funky stuff like a "Z" at the end instead of an "S".

To start, stay in pronounceable 4L.com or 2-keyword.com. For keywords, make sure you visit NameBio first to see if the words do sell or not. You don't want to buy keywords that don't sell.

Exemple a 2-keyword starting with "Best" has better chances to sell, you will see many of these on NameBio.

•••
Don't ever go all in on something you lack knowledge on and NEVER give up unless it's absolutely critical.

•••
DallasArthritisDoctor.com it's a $200-$300 name if you do some outbound, I would ask $400 at first
SamsTreeServices.com is a $100-$200 name , I would ask $325 at first

The non .com names are worth nothing in my opinion, and the rest of .com names you own I would try to sell for $50-$100 (MariaHairSalon etc)...
You need to stop buying domains and READ, READ, READ.

•••
If you have a steady source of income, good
- then be patient. Read read read and then buy names that people (fellow investors or end-users) will buy
- do not spend all your money (savings) buying domains
- do not borrow any money to buy domains, especially names that no-one will buy

If you do not have a steady source of income
- quit domaining (you will most likely spend more money / time)
- find steady source of income

Assuming you have spent less than 500 & now you are ready to quit after three months then this might not be your gig. You need to spend money to make money. I don't think there is a way around it.
For example, to build a portfolio of decent of 4L names you will require way more than 500, even just to acquire three or four decent names

•••
I have a suggestion: don't buy domains that you couldn't use in real life. If you don't have a vision for each domain you buy, a practical use, a business purpose - it's unlikely anybody else will.
Be very demanding. Don't buy pigeon shit just because it's available for a few bucks. Don't buy a domain that you wouldn't put on a business card.
Don't...

•••
You should be able to do outbound and get at least 300-500 apiece for these two

DallasArthritisDoctor.com
FloridaCosmeticDoctor.com

I would stay away from random gTLDs until you make some .com sales. Stick with geo's that you know have at least a page or two of buyers and then move on to other niche's.

Don't end three word domains with Z

InternetMarketingOfferz.com

Don't make something a plural when the singular version is correct

ClicksPress.com

Make sure you spell the Geo correctly. Salina is a tiny town in Kansas while Salinas is a much better match in California

SalinaFootDoctor.com

Pizza shops won't spend the type of money that you think even if you do have the exact match of their business name.

DonCorleonePizza.com

Names that people will spell ten different ways don't register. Ask someone how to spell Pharaoh and you will probably get ten different answers.

PharaohsLife.com

If you want to buy 4 letter .us domains then register the one's that end in A, I, C, O, E. Association, Inc, Incorporated, Company, Corp, Organization, Enterprise. Many company names are three words plus Association, Inc, Company, Corp, Organization or Enterprise.

Tamr.us
Vrom.us
Vahm.us
Wrld.us

•••
sorry, i don't see any value in those names - you may get lucky on the forum but most likely pennies on the dollar.

you mentioned you are out of money - this is not, nor has it ever been a get rich fast industry. Takes time, patience and money. (along with understanding, experience and a good eye for names)

•••
I would concentrate on generic names. U have good GEO, I guess, but I haven't had luck with GEO. . .

People sell domains overnight, ya. . . But if ur new like me, u probably can't pull that off so plan on renewing ur domains for at least 2 years before making a sale.

Don't give up yet ^^

•••
It sounds like you are getting better as time goes on. A lot of us improve over time so there is hope for you. The problem (or blessing) is that you're out of money.

As some others have said, spending more time reading NamePros may be the best use of your time for awhile.

•••
Appreciate all your inputs, but if I can repeat a question in a previous reply about Flippa, How do you see the sold names in Flippa which do not make any sense for me as per domaining rules.

Also when searching for names in ExpiredDomains.net should I pick ones with CPC & SV or it's not needed for flipping strategy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back