NameSilo

question People who own 100 to 5,000 domains, which registrars do you use and why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The title pretty much says it all. I'm curious which registrars are the most popular for people with at least 100 domains, and why those particular registrars are of value to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1$1 cheat with me. they are not professional.
I don't know why they are still operating. Scam aftet scam they are still trying to steal my money year after year even if I don't use them since 2010!.... Always trying a way to get your money, they will charge your credit card for whatever reason because they have it.... They will send you letters telling you that you owed them money for services cancelled and refunded years ago... Or because you deleted your credit card information. THEY WILL CHARGE YOU FOR DOMAINS OR HOSTING EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY!

•••
You have to get ugly with them about calling you and they'll remove you from soliciting calls.
You can change your call/email preferences in the account settings in your account

•••
I use a google voice phone number for registrations.
That's fine, but I strongly suggest against using google voice for 2 Factor Authorization.

•••
If I had a huge portfolio of coms I would use Dynadot. For personal domains I prefer Name because of the UI.

•••
Most of my domains have been with Dynadot for well over 10 years and I've never had a single issue with them, so even if Uniregistry was somehow able to save me a few bucks, I really don't see the need to switch. I feel like I'd be trying to fix something that isn't broken, and would probably break things in the process. Uniregistry also doesn't seem to have an API, which is a dealbreaker for me.
I agree with that. All the work of transferring out domains just to save a few buc
That's fine, but I strongly suggest against using google voice for 2 Factor Authorization.
Why? The Google Voice text messages not only go directly into email instantly, the texts are forwarded to your personal cell.

I've been using them since day 1 of Google Voice going public and I've never missed a phone call or text.

•••
You can change your call/email preferences in the account settings in your account
It wasn't always that easy. Fifteen years ago there was no option, I think.

•••
I hold very small portfolio of 450+ domains ( 95% gtlds)
Initially I started with godaddy, later compare and I book domains so I have domains in
godaddy
name.com
namecheap.com
marcaria.com
and couple of other domains which I bought are in few registrars like
dynadot
namesilo

Godaddy , Name.com and Namecheap.com supports are good, but only problem with godaddy most of the support people doesnt aware of the issues so very tough sometimes with CC.

•••
I hold very small portfolio of 450+ domains ( 95% gtlds)
Initially I started with godaddy, later compare and I book domains so I have domains in
godaddy
name.com
namecheap.com
marcaria.com
and couple of other domains which I bought are in few registrars like
dynadot
namesilo

Godaddy , Name.com and Namecheap.com supports are good, but only problem with godaddy most of the support people doesnt aware of the issues so very tough sometimes with CC.
If you have a problem communicating with someone at Godaddy, simply hang up and call right back. You'll get a different person who can probably help you.

The number one reason why I get a little frustrated is because the newer customer service employees take so long to help with a situation, they have to research. Sometimes I can't wait. Most of the time it wasn't an issue.

•••
Godaddy and I make use of the the discount domain club which brings renewals down quite significantly.

•••
the only reason I am using godaddy becoz of DDC :)

•••
Why? The Google Voice text messages not only go directly into email instantly, the texts are forwarded to your personal cell.

I've been using them since day 1 of Google Voice going public and I've never missed a phone call or text.

A lot of people use Google Voice because of the convenience. You can listen to messages easily which is a big plus.

•••
the only reason I am using godaddy becoz of DDC :)
I think that's good but I'm at a bulk rate with Dynadot for spending more than $4000 a year (or something like that). I really like the free domain watcher tool which alerts you to the future events of a domain.

I have some domains which are developed into sites and I want the similar domain names which are registered but not up for sale anywhere.

•••
thats true, I agree, i get those reminders, I got registered couple of my fav domain names becoz of those alerts

•••
Godaddy and I make use of the the discount domain club which brings renewals down quite significantly.
But you have to pay for it. I renew my .com $8.67/year somewhere else at no extra cost

•••
@dotbay
it is good for gtlds domains, i can see the difference

•••
@dotbay
it is good for gtlds domains, i can see the difference
You may take a look at DomComp.com for price comparaison.

And you may try to contact namecheap.com, Dynadot.com, name.com, uniregistry.com to get custom pricing.

•••
offcourse i do compare and register, sure will look at domcomp, thanks

•••
I really like NameSilo. The support is incredible. Best I've seen by any company online. Pricing could be a bit better, but I'm not complaining. They have Free whois privacy and lots of other features.

•••
But you have to pay for it. I renew my .com $8.67/year somewhere else at no extra cost

Yes I do pay for it, where are you renewing at $8.67?

•••
Think I might start using namesilo, $7.99 reg, $8.99 re-newal.

Godaddy used to be $9.99, now they say $11.99 is a discount down from $14.99 for a hand reg.... no, it's an increase from $9.99 up to $11.99.

•••
Think I might start using namesilo, $7.99 reg, $8.99 re-newal.

Godaddy used to be $9.99, now they say $11.99 is a discount down from $14.99 for a hand reg.... no, it's an increase from $9.99 up to $11.99.

AFAIK, Namesilo offers New Reg @ $8.99 ( You can get discount based on number of domains you have at Namesilo)

https://www.namesilo.com/pricing.php

Yes, Godaddy is too expensive without DDC.

•••
Namesilo.

Management is easy.

•••
Yes I do pay for it, where are you renewing at $8.67?
Try to get custom pricing with NameCheap,Name,Dynadot,Namsilo,Uniregistry

All you have to do is ask support

•••
Try to get custom pricing with NameCheap,Name,Dynadot,Namsilo,Uniregistry

All you have to do is ask support

Thanks very much, will give it a shot.

•••
I had more than 100 domains with OnlineNic for years. I am surprised they are not that well-known. Their price beats every other registrar I have seen and their support is also good! .coms are only 8.59$ in their platinium package (easy to reach).
I like Namecheap but their new panel is slowish.

I am forced to use GoDaddy because so many other domainers use it. Too much advertisements on their website..

1. OnlineNic
2. Namecheap
3. GoDaddy
4. NetSol (great information and notifications)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back