Dynadot

question People who own 100 to 5,000 domains, which registrars do you use and why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The title pretty much says it all. I'm curious which registrars are the most popular for people with at least 100 domains, and why those particular registrars are of value to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have nearly 1000.

1.Namesilo

Pros:
Stable pricing
Free life time privacy
Good Support.
Two-factor authentication.
API access.

Cons:
It doesn't support Sedo MLS and Afternic fast transfer.

2.Godaddy

Pros:
Biggest Registrar.
Good Price (Only for DDC memmbers)
Supports Sedo MLS and Afternic fast transfer.
Good support from Aftermarket Head @Joe Styler

Cons :
Higher Renewal rate.
Ineffective support staff.

3.Dynadot :

Pros:
Fast API access.
Good Support.

Cons :
Little higher pricing than other registrar.

4.NameBright:

Pros:
Cheap Registration, Renewal and Transfer pricing @ $8.03 (You need to prefund your account min)
Good Support. ( I got great support here at NP from its owner @Rebies )
Free Privacy for first year.

Cons :
It doesn't support Sedo MLS and Afternic fast transfer.

5.NameCheap

Pros:
Love their "Black Friday" and "Move your Domain Day" Deals
Normal registration fee
Good Support.

6.Name.com

Pros:
Cheap transfer @ $8.25

Cons :
Little higher pricing for registration and renewal than other registrar.
Very Slow Support.

They are my favorite registrars, I don't have any problem with them.

•••
Little hidden perk of Godaddy is that Joe Regular non domainer person enduser heard about Godaddy and doesn't freak out about having a domain with them.

•••
A potpourri of registrars. To be frank the most influencing factor for using a registrar is price. Except in cases like 1&1 where the customer service is reputedly bad you`d be better off with another registrar even if they are costlier

•••
I have thousands of domains.

Dynadot is the best, unquestionably.

•••
I'm not sure why it doesn't seem to get more love, but I primarily use Dynadot. Fantastic pricing if you spend over $500/year, API access, good support, and their site is easy to navigate.

•••
Good idea,
I you don't want spam calls, just move in with kohsamui :)

Only two people and two dogs can live in a bamboo hut (sorry for tempting you with the bamboo) ;)

Sorry! Off topic and I will stop NOW!

•••
I've decided to use these five:
  • GoDaddy (but only with Discount Domain Club membership)
  • Dynadot
  • Namesilo
  • Uniregistry
  • Namecheap
They are all good and they provide fair prices!

•••
My big three are:

Namecheap
Godaddy
Dynadot

lately I've shifted towards using Dynadot for most new registrations.

I like namecheap, but they're domain management leaves much to be desired.

I like Dynadot, however when trying to drop catch new gtlds by hand it can be frustrating because whenever the names have any kind of premium pricing they still list them at normal pricing, and when you check out it doesn't go through because of the pricing discrepancy. I have alarmed Dynadot of this "problem" (as it says in the domain status after checkout) but they seem unwilling to look into fixing it.

GoDaddy is a great registrar and I have a hosting account with them, however they're pricing is not great unless you have a coupon or have a premium account, which I should have but have not yet secured with them. They also call you all the time, to the point where it's almost annoying.

•••
They also call you all the time, to the point where it's almost spammy.

They have not called me once, even if I've been a customer since they started, almost twenty years ago. Probably because I live "in the jungle" far far away. :P

•••
If you have 5000 domains it becomes cost-effective to run your own registrar.

Some registrars have an API available, which can help when you have many domains, and want to manage in bulk.

•••
Ask Uniregistry for a deal. You may get a better price :)

Most of my domains have been with Dynadot for well over 10 years and I've never had a single issue with them, so even if Uniregistry was somehow able to save me a few bucks, I really don't see the need to switch. I feel like I'd be trying to fix something that isn't broken, and would probably break things in the process. Uniregistry also doesn't seem to have an API, which is a dealbreaker for me.

•••
I had been using GoDaddy as my favorite registrar for about 10 years but have been transferring more and more domains of mine over to NameSilo. NameSilo has competitive pricing ($8.99 .com registrations), friendly support, and lifetime free whois privacy. I've found the whois privacy cuts down on a lot of the spam phone calls I was receiving.

•••
They have not called me once, even if I've been a customer for almost twenty years. Probably because I live "in the jungle" far far away. :P
Good idea,
If you don't want spam calls, just move in with kohsamui :)

•••
Any word back on adding the ability to sort by name server Joe?
We are working on a new interface for bulk users. It is a big project and this should be addressed then, as well as some of the other comments on bulk usage difficulties in this thread.

•••
I prefer Namecheap over the others mostly because of their helpful live support and their support of good causes. I feel comfortable having my domains with them knowing they have my best interest at heart. Not many people pay attention to these little details but I do.

•••
Godaddy is my top on the list having about a thousand domains there. Good support also from them. One time I mistakenly pushed 100 domains to another GD account. For several days I was really worried that those domains would not come back to me anymore as I saw that registrant's name had been changed. @Joe Styler came to rescue. Great help and support from him led to transferring the hundred domains back to my account.

I've used other registrars such as Namecheap, Dynadot, Name.com, Uniregistry, Bigrock, Domain.com, Moniker, Namesilo due to domains mostly purchased from other sellers and promos that come every now and then.

•••
Hello!

Here are my registrars and the number of domains I have at each one:

Godaddy - 150
Namecheap - 153
Dotster - 23
HostGator - 14
BigRock - 6
Uniregistry - 18
Gandi - 11
AlpNames - 213
101Domain - 19
NameSilo - 3
Dynadot - 1
Name - 6
Domains-World.Biz - 5

My quest for low prices has led me to dark places!! :)

•••
NameCheap is great. When you push a button to buy a domain, or transfer, or whatever, it sends a signal to all the little gnomes that work in their headquarters. Then the gnomes have to pull a bunch of levers and ropes in order to eventually bring the desired action to completion. If you know what I mean -- heaven forbid you ever try to buy multiple names at once :-o

•••
I use namesilo.com as my main registrar. It's cheap and whois protection is free. Their control panel is GREAT, and its easy and convenient to organize and manage your portfolio. They keep improving their services, and are responsive to customer feedback, and their support staff is helpful and accommodating. They also have a marketplace + for sale landing pages (and a low commission fee of only 7.5%).

•••
Godaddy.com
Dynadot.com
Name.com
NameSilo.com

And other registrars which offers discount.

•••
My big three are:

Namecheap
Godaddy
Dynadot

lately I've shifted towards using Dynadot for most new registrations.

I like namecheap, but they're domain management leaves much to be desired.

I like Dynadot, however when trying to drop catch new gtlds by hand it can be frustrating because whenever the names have any kind of premium pricing they still list them at normal pricing, and when you check out it doesn't go through because of the pricing discrepancy. I have alarmed Dynadot of this "problem" (as it says in the domain status after checkout) but they seem unwilling to look into fixing it.

GoDaddy is a great registrar and I have a hosting account with them, however they're pricing is not great unless you have a coupon or have a premium account, which I should have but have not yet secured with them. They also call you all the time, to the point where it's almost annoying.
You can change the call settings, login to your account and go to my account settings and you can tell us to not call you etc.

•••
1$1 cheat with me. they are not professional.
I don't know why they are still operating. Scam aftet scam they are still trying to steal my money year after year even if I don't use them since 2010!.... Always trying a way to get your money, they will charge your credit card for whatever reason because they have it.... They will send you letters telling you that you owed them money for services cancelled and refunded years ago... Or because you deleted your credit card information. THEY WILL CHARGE YOU FOR DOMAINS OR HOSTING EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY!

•••
the only reason I am using godaddy becoz of DDC :)
I think that's good but I'm at a bulk rate with Dynadot for spending more than $4000 a year (or something like that). I really like the free domain watcher tool which alerts you to the future events of a domain.

I have some domains which are developed into sites and I want the similar domain names which are registered but not up for sale anywhere.

•••
I really like NameSilo. The support is incredible. Best I've seen by any company online. Pricing could be a bit better, but I'm not complaining. They have Free whois privacy and lots of other features.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back