Domain Empire

question People who own 100 to 5,000 domains, which registrars do you use and why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The title pretty much says it all. I'm curious which registrars are the most popular for people with at least 100 domains, and why those particular registrars are of value to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I mainly use Godaddy with DDC. I accumulate domains at other registrars over the year, but transfer them all over a month or two before expiration. The main benefits of GD are:

- premium listings
- GD aftermarket
- decent security (better turn on 2 factor auth)
- good pricing with DDC

If I wasn't with GD, I'd probably centralize everything over at Uniregistry.

•••
•••
I mainly use Godaddy with DDC. I accumulate domains at other registrars over the year, but transfer them all over a month or two before expiration. The main benefits of GD are:

- premium listings
- GD aftermarket
- decent security (better turn on 2 factor auth)
- good pricing with DDC

If I wasn't with GD, I'd probably centralize everything over at Uniregistry.
Agree
-decent security (better turn on 2 factor auth)

•••
TOOOO GREESY....
Toooo greesy; Bcause you don't know how to cook it. If cook crispy bacon; all the gresss will be on the pan... All you got left is crispy tasty bacon.

•••
My dog love crispy bacon as well as his momma:)

•••
•••
I have most of my domains on godaddy, but I currently have domains in lots of registry's, I'm sure I have domains that I don't even know I own them or witch registry are they sitting on.. I try to follow the prices, sales, offers,promotions, I guess is depending on the extension... for example, .xyz is $6.99 in go daddy, but in other registry's they go for $1.99 or $1.00

•••
•••
the other great things about Dynadot... The super simple grace delete for 5 days (only costs 1.00
) and the bulk pricing for simply spending over $500 per year!

•••
I have most of my domains on godaddy, but I currently have domains in lots of registry's, I'm sure I have domains that I don't even know I own them or witch registry are they sitting on.. I try to follow the prices, sales, offers,promotions, I guess is depending on the extension... for example, .xyz is $6.99 in go daddy, but in other registry's they go for $1.99 or $1.00
GD are more pricy domain. Other registrars is less; I'm not sure what's up with that... I normally don't go by which is cheaper. It might have something left.hidden in the near furture..

•••
I have about 3,300 domains with GD.
I buy lots of names at their marketplace.
Although getting tired with too many bugs of their service and inconvenience of the control panel.
I have about 300 more names distributed among Google, Namecheap, Moniker etc.

•••
I use namesilo.com as my main registrar. It's cheap and whois protection is free. Their control panel is GREAT, and its easy and convenient to organize and manage your portfolio. They keep improving their services, and are responsive to customer feedback, and their support staff is helpful and accommodating. They also have a marketplace + for sale landing pages (and a low commission fee of only 7.5%).

•••
I really like namesilo most in terms of user interface

•••
Namesilo, GD, Namecheap, Rebel, Domain.com, Dotster (+2-3 more where I have only 1-2 domains) atm, been using 1&1 too but moved all my domains away and cancelled my account because their platform is slow and bad, also support SUCKED.

•••
101DOMAIN USA
EASYNAME AUSTRIA

SEDO for sales

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Godaddy with DDC
Dynadot

Everything eventually gets moved over to Godaddy. I like the premium listings and everyone seems to have an account there.

I like Dynadot auctions and interface, but if you sell there they only give you account credit.

•••
I have nearly 1000.

1.Namesilo

Pros:
Stable pricing
Free life time privacy
Good Support.
Two-factor authentication.
API access.

Cons:
It doesn't support Sedo MLS and Afternic fast transfer.

2.Godaddy

Pros:
Biggest Registrar.
Good Price (Only for DDC memmbers)
Supports Sedo MLS and Afternic fast transfer.
Good support from Aftermarket Head @Joe Styler

Cons :
Higher Renewal rate.
Ineffective support staff.

3.Dynadot :

Pros:
Fast API access.
Good Support.

Cons :
Little higher pricing than other registrar.

4.NameBright:

Pros:
Cheap Registration, Renewal and Transfer pricing @ $8.03 (You need to prefund your account min)
Good Support. ( I got great support here at NP from its owner @Rebies )
Free Privacy for first year.

Cons :
It doesn't support Sedo MLS and Afternic fast transfer.

5.NameCheap

Pros:
Love their "Black Friday" and "Move your Domain Day" Deals
Normal registration fee
Good Support.

6.Name.com

Pros:
Cheap transfer @ $8.25

Cons :
Little higher pricing for registration and renewal than other registrar.
Very Slow Support.

They are my favorite registrars, I don't have any problem with them.

•••
For me....

1) Godaddy - Security is great with 2 factor. I mainly have my .com, .net,.and .org domains here.

2) Uniregistry - Again, security is great with Google authenticator. I use mostly for my new gtlds just for pricing although I do keep some new gtlds at GD bc it is cheaper for some extensions.

For all other registrars like 101, dynadot, enom, name, etc., I usually just transfer names I've acquired away from them to GD or Uni.

•••
•••
1. - GoDaddy
2. - NameSilo
3. - NameBright
4. - NameCheap
5. - Dynadot
6. - Name.com
7. - Domain.com
8. - Uniregistry
9. - 101Domain

•••
GoDaddy
Rebel
Name.com
Namesilo.com
Few at namecheap

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back