IT.COM

question People who own 100 to 5,000 domains, which registrars do you use and why?

NameSilo
Watch
The title pretty much says it all. I'm curious which registrars are the most popular for people with at least 100 domains, and why those particular registrars are of value to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Godaddy.com
Godaddy.com
Godaddy.com

the biggest and the best, IMHO

•••
•••
I've been with godaddy for over 15 years, overall their prices have more consistently been lower than other registrars. You can normally reach customer service on the phone 24/7 fairly quickly. I also like the call back option they introduced. They offer 2 FA which is a must these days especially with more valuable inventory. Because godaddy is a public company they are more accountable and can't get away with as much as a private company can. oh one more thing I like the convenience of pushing a domain and it's almost always never a problem because so many people have a GoDaddy account.

•••
Using Godaddy for top domains.
Namecheap
Bigrock .in
BigRock .com
Uniregistery
Name .com
Dynadot
Namesilo
Rebel
And few more.
Using all above for low renewal cost or for new registration promotion.

•••
•••
I'm right down the road from them, and they do! They call sometimes 2-3 times a week! I don't fault them too much for it, because they're just trying to make sure I'm happy, which is cool. But when they call that often and from different phone numbers, so I cannot label them in my phone, it gets a bit annoying :)

You do know there are settings for that kinda thing. You should go through your account more thoroughly.

•••
I prefer Namecheap over the others mostly because of their helpful live support and their support of good causes. I feel comfortable having my domains with them knowing they have my best interest at heart. Not many people pay attention to these little details but I do.

•••
•••
I have my domains with 4 registrars. But my most domains are registered with Bigrock and Godaddy.

•••
I prefer Namecheap over the others mostly because of their helpful live support and their support of good causes. I feel comfortable having my domains with them knowing they have my best interest at heart. Not many people pay attention to these little details but I do.

Yeah, I like their chat support, too, it's great. Same w/ Dynadot.

•••
The only weakness of Dynadot are the slightly higher prices

I started using Dynadot specifically because they were consistently one of the cheapest. As soon as you spend $500/year with them, which is only 50 domains or so, their bulk pricing kicks in and they're cheaper than almost everywhere else (such as $8.75 for .coms).

•••
for my portfolio size GoDaddy is mathematically the cheapest of them all including even the annual DDC fee.. so no reason to look for others except having some domains here and there at other registrars due to dropcatching expiring ones..

•••
i use godaddy i have 20 domains...

•••
Godaddy is my top on the list having about a thousand domains there. Good support also from them. One time I mistakenly pushed 100 domains to another GD account. For several days I was really worried that those domains would not come back to me anymore as I saw that registrant's name had been changed. @Joe Styler came to rescue. Great help and support from him led to transferring the hundred domains back to my account.

I've used other registrars such as Namecheap, Dynadot, Name.com, Uniregistry, Bigrock, Domain.com, Moniker, Namesilo due to domains mostly purchased from other sellers and promos that come every now and then.

•••
95% of my portfolio is at Dynadot - just love this guys interface is easy to use, secure, transfer-outs are instant, they offer Sedo MLS / Afternic extended promotion, ...

•••
My big three are:

Namecheap
Godaddy
Dynadot

lately I've shifted towards using Dynadot for most new registrations.

I like namecheap, but they're domain management leaves much to be desired.

I like Dynadot, however when trying to drop catch new gtlds by hand it can be frustrating because whenever the names have any kind of premium pricing they still list them at normal pricing, and when you check out it doesn't go through because of the pricing discrepancy. I have alarmed Dynadot of this "problem" (as it says in the domain status after checkout) but they seem unwilling to look into fixing it.

GoDaddy is a great registrar and I have a hosting account with them, however they're pricing is not great unless you have a coupon or have a premium account, which I should have but have not yet secured with them. They also call you all the time, to the point where it's almost annoying.
You have to get ugly with them about calling you and they'll remove you from soliciting calls.

•••
Guys, Take a look at Epik.com. They are up and coming. Low cost, nice interface, easy transfer and when they say "Legendary Customer Service" they are not kidding. The other night I had a question and it was about midnight. I sent an email and @robepik emailed me back within 5 minutes with a solution.

Like most, the majority of my portfolios is with Go Daddy, but that is changing. The major advantage GD had was being listed on Premium, but that is now no longer an issue since they purchased Afternic and offer the name at the Afternic buy it now price anyway.

•••
I had been using GoDaddy as my favorite registrar for about 10 years but have been transferring more and more domains of mine over to NameSilo. NameSilo has competitive pricing ($8.99 .com registrations), friendly support, and lifetime free whois privacy. I've found the whois privacy cuts down on a lot of the spam phone calls I was receiving.
I use a google voice phone number for registrations.

•••
Uniregistry.com

- Built by industry leader
- Modern interface
- Easy to manage domains
- Watch all the domains you own elsewhere
- Painless transfers
- Security features and trustful company
- Low prices when you ask for it!
- Quick friendly support
- always looking to improve customer experience
- They revolutionize the way we operate our domain name business

•••
I started using Dynadot specifically because they were consistently one of the cheapest. As soon as you spend $500/year with them, which is only 50 domains or so, their bulk pricing kicks in and they're cheaper than almost everywhere else (such as $8.75 for .coms).

Ask Uniregistry for a deal. You may get a better price :)

•••
Ask Uniregistry for a deal. You may get a better price :)

Most of my domains have been with Dynadot for well over 10 years and I've never had a single issue with them, so even if Uniregistry was somehow able to save me a few bucks, I really don't see the need to switch. I feel like I'd be trying to fix something that isn't broken, and would probably break things in the process. Uniregistry also doesn't seem to have an API, which is a dealbreaker for me.

•••
A potpourri of registrars. To be frank the most influencing factor for using a registrar is price. Except in cases like 1&1 where the customer service is reputedly bad you`d be better off with another registrar even if they are costlier
1$1 cheat with me. they are not professional.

•••
lol.Many people have complained about that. That company has form as long as the Eiffel tower.

•••
Hello!

Here are my registrars and the number of domains I have at each one:

Godaddy - 150
Namecheap - 153
Dotster - 23
HostGator - 14
BigRock - 6
Uniregistry - 18
Gandi - 11
AlpNames - 213
101Domain - 19
NameSilo - 3
Dynadot - 1
Name - 6
Domains-World.Biz - 5

My quest for low prices has led me to dark places!! :)

•••
GoDaddy, cause they used to do great $1 coupon offers and that's where mostly everybody else has their domains.

Had a few elsewhere, 101, uniteddomains, namecheap, istanco (.rs registrar).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back