IT.COM

question People who own 100 to 5,000 domains, which registrars do you use and why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The title pretty much says it all. I'm curious which registrars are the most popular for people with at least 100 domains, and why those particular registrars are of value to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A potpourri of registrars. To be frank the most influencing factor for using a registrar is price. Except in cases like 1&1 where the customer service is reputedly bad you`d be better off with another registrar even if they are costlier

•••
Mostly I use Godaddy because I have registered my first domain there but generally I use all top ones.

•••
I have domains with more than 8 registrars depending on the price they are offering for the domain names, especially first year promos.

•••
I use Godaddy and I've a VIP account. I'm happy I got that VIP account for FREE. It has great perks :)
The renewal fee for my dotcom domains is just $8.29 per year!

•••
thank you for starting this ... can u guys put them in list by rank, 1,2,3 .... and why u love the first one ( for price or good support ... )

•••
thank you for starting this ... can u guys put them in list by rank, 1,2,3 .... and why u love the first one ( for price or good support ... )
Of course,
Good Price
VIP support - I've been assigned a VIP account executive manager with direct phone extension :)

•••
I'm not sure why it doesn't seem to get more love, but I primarily use Dynadot. Fantastic pricing if you spend over $500/year, API access, good support, and their site is easy to navigate.

•••
I'm not sure why it doesn't seem to get more love, but I primarily use Dynadot. Fantastic pricing if you spend over $500/year, API access, good support, and their site is easy to navigate.
How much is their renewal fee for dotcom domains?

•••
I've decided to use these five:
  • GoDaddy (but only with Discount Domain Club membership)
  • Dynadot
  • Namesilo
  • Uniregistry
  • Namecheap
They are all good and they provide fair prices!

•••
I have thousands of domains.

Dynadot is the best, unquestionably.

•••
I had been using GoDaddy as my favorite registrar for about 10 years but have been transferring more and more domains of mine over to NameSilo. NameSilo has competitive pricing ($8.99 .com registrations), friendly support, and lifetime free whois privacy. I've found the whois privacy cuts down on a lot of the spam phone calls I was receiving.

•••
•••
My big three are:

Namecheap
Godaddy
Dynadot

lately I've shifted towards using Dynadot for most new registrations.

I like namecheap, but they're domain management leaves much to be desired.

I like Dynadot, however when trying to drop catch new gtlds by hand it can be frustrating because whenever the names have any kind of premium pricing they still list them at normal pricing, and when you check out it doesn't go through because of the pricing discrepancy. I have alarmed Dynadot of this "problem" (as it says in the domain status after checkout) but they seem unwilling to look into fixing it.

GoDaddy is a great registrar and I have a hosting account with them, however they're pricing is not great unless you have a coupon or have a premium account, which I should have but have not yet secured with them. They also call you all the time, to the point where it's almost annoying.

•••
I use Namecheap.com

I hand reg'd my first name there, and I've never had a problem with them.

I'm a happy camper. :)

•••
They also call you all the time, to the point where it's almost spammy.

They have not called me once, even if I've been a customer since they started, almost twenty years ago. Probably because I live "in the jungle" far far away. :P

•••
I'm right down the road from them, and they do! They call sometimes 2-3 times a week! I don't fault them too much for it, because they're just trying to make sure I'm happy, which is cool. But when they call that often and from different phone numbers, so I cannot label them in my phone, it gets a bit annoying :)

•••
They have not called me once, even if I've been a customer for almost twenty years. Probably because I live "in the jungle" far far away. :P
Good idea,
If you don't want spam calls, just move in with kohsamui :)

•••
Good idea,
I you don't want spam calls, just move in with kohsamui :)

Only two people and two dogs can live in a bamboo hut (sorry for tempting you with the bamboo) ;)

Sorry! Off topic and I will stop NOW!

•••
Little hidden perk of Godaddy is that Joe Regular non domainer person enduser heard about Godaddy and doesn't freak out about having a domain with them.

•••
Little hidden perk of Godaddy is that Joe Regular non domainer person enduser heard about Godaddy and doesn't freak out about having a domain with them.

For sure! About 50% of my sold domains will end up at another GoDaddy account.

I also kind of like their market place and "premium domain listings". I've sold some names there lately.

•••
Of course,
Good Price
VIP support - I've been assigned a VIP account executive manager with direct phone extension :)
You want everything for free I think :)

•••
Y
For sure! About 50% of my domains will end up at another GoDaddy account.

I also kind of like their market place and "premium domain listings". I've sold some names there lately.
Police.xyz was a good buy. I think

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back