NameSilo

discuss NamePro’s is gender neutral?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

offthehandle

.Top Member
Impact
@gina ferrano Lets hear your thoughts as to why you have lurked only for 2 years, since on the other thread you stated that some past experience caused this. Why do you feel this is a male only forum? Both @Kate and @enlytend participate regularily, both are outspoken, contribute regularily and are well versed in domaining.

I find this forum to be well run, I don’t see from your experience or what you do so tell us what needs to be improved!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Why do you feel this is a male only forum?

Is this a serious question?

I don't think she ever said she feels it was a male only forum. The fact is, there aren't many women in this industry. And unfortunately, in this male dominated industry, there are chauvinist pigs amongst us.

Shortly before @offthehandle created this thread, @gina ferrano, responded to some tasteless criticism.

Gina are you his girlfriend?

Really?, because I happen to have a woman's name you jump to that conclusion? Silly boy.

I don't think @creataweb is one of those previously mentioned chauvinist pigs, but I do think his/her comment represents a nuisance some women in male dominated industries deal with. No offense @creataweb -- I appreciate your domaining passion, but do feel that comment subset was unnecessary. (even if meant as a joke)

I'm not sure if the below quote is true, but sometimes it sure does feel that way...
I legitimately think there might be more people pretending to be women, than actual women, on here.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Threads like one called “tell her why you think this isn’t a boys club” are precisely the kind of mansplaining that is probably keeping a lot of women away from this forum. There’s no argument here - it is a boys’ club, and there’s no reason for us to get defensive about it.

Being at Namescon this year for the first time has made it shockingly apparent how male dominated the industry is. If we want this to change the first step is acknowledging the obvious.

Last edited:
•••
Gender should be irrelevant here and pretty much everywhere in 2018. I suspect there are more women here than people think not less.I have to agree with everything @NameTurtle said.

Last edited:
•••
•••
- it is a boy’s club, and there’s no reason for us to get defensive about it.

Was a boy before my first shave....lol

Seriously..Maybe there are more males in the domain buying/selling world
(@Grilled stated it better)..but money doesn't discriminate!

Okay, I read the thread where these comments can from (up to page four)..is this because she is a fan while others are not?

•••
It's a dude. There is some other thread that goes thru it. Think a few members here got kind of got catfished.

And why did they go barking up that tree other than the bikini photo? So a man created an overtly female profile and shocker— men fell for it.

•••
And why did they go barking up that tree other than the bikini photo? So a man created an overtly female profile and shocker— men fell for it.

Yep. Some guys here have female photos just because they like the female, a fan, think they're hot etc. Then some guys have female photos trying to pass themselves off as females. Sometimes it's just that easy with a lot of guys.

•••
Threads like one called “tell her why you think this isn’t a boys club” are precisely the kind of mansplaining that is probably keeping a lot of women away from this forum. There’s no argument here - it is a boys’ club, and there’s no reason for us to get defensive about it.

Being at Namescon this year for the first time has made it shockingly apparent how male dominated the industry is. If we want this to change the first step is acknowledging the obvious.

That title I just pulled out of my &$$, did you see the other thread? I guess I better post it. @gina ferrano where did you go anyway?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/brandbuckets-michael-krell-resigns.1062321/page-3#post-6547794

•••
That title I just pulled out of my &$$, did you see the other thread? I guess I better post it. @gina ferrano where did you go anyway?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/brandbuckets-michael-krell-resigns.1062321/page-3#post-6547794

I did and it’s irrelevant, the point is we shouldn’t be calling women out (or anyone, for that matter) for pointing out how they feel about this forum.

I guess if you don’t see what’s wrong with this thread and with the reactions to her posts, you’re never gonna see it no matter how much anyone tries to explain.

But for the sake of decency, let’s not start threads pointing at people just because their opinion or feelings about this forum doesn’t align with yours.
Also, stop harassing by just asking where she went in every other post. No one has the obligation to respond to your personal attacks.

Last edited:
•••
There’s no argument here - it is a boys’ club, and there’s no reason for us to get defensive about it.

I am not "Calling out" anybody. Please. But you certainly are.

"There's no argument here - it's a boys club". hmm. The only reason I started it was to help her participate, it's not like I intended any thing but to solicit her opinion not to put some spotlight on it. All in good faith, no harm no foul.

And making such conclusions based on your own like this is somehow correct?

"Being at Namescon this year for the first time has made it shockingly apparent how male dominated the industry is."

That's a pretty profound statement. You should watch some of the videos and photos from the past, it's not necessarily as you see it.

https://www.domainsherpa.com/dnseattle-2017/

If she does not want to be here we can close the thread- poof.

•••
How male dominate the industry ?

I do not understand, what is the point, this is business, for me, there would be half of men
and women there are now.

I do not give a fuck about the genre

•••
See, being called out doesn’t feel so nice now, does it?

If all we are about is money and business and “genre” doesn’t matter, then, gentlemen, let’s keep it professional and stick to business.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back