IT.COM

services BrandBucket's Michael Krell Resigns

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you Michael (@michaeljkrell) for your help and awesome support.

Wishing you a great success in your future endeavors.

•••
Finally the DRAMA between @Grilled and Michael krell is OVER! lol
No more Snake Oil for brand bucket! hehehe!!

Trump snake oil.jpg

•••
Even with krell gone I still think there's too much competition and unfairness at bb...

•••
Lol I outbid him on a domain at NameJet
last week, so maybe he is finding it expensive to replace inventory, as the marketplace is more crowded, and huge names, and taryn have really upped their buying budgets. You could be right about dropping some of those brandables that were on fire 2 years ago. Good analysis. BB did allow him to spend more, as he was selling thru more, but carrying 8K names is like $70k a year, $1.5k a week, not fun by any means.
I've been out of the loop the past 2 years and curious if I may ask, what kind of brandables were on fire 2 years past that are no longer 'on fire' as they say. Thanks!

•••
I guess it's back to clipping $1 godaddy coupons, Why is it that so many domainers have a detest for him?
Personally, I think many are envious or jealous though won't admit it so they hurl insults. I guess it's human nature. Amassing 7k-9k names is no small feat, and yes one might say a conflict of interest no more than many brandable marketplaces (brandpa, namerific, brandroot for starters) He was able to turn a 1k investment into quite the windfall. If we should all be so lucky.

•••
Gina are you his girlfriend? lol... pretty easy to sell when the results are skewed in your favor don'tcha think?

•••
Personally, I think many are envious or jealous though won't admit it so they hurl insults. I guess it's human nature. Amassing 7k-9k names is no small feat, and yes one might say a conflict of interest no more than many brandable marketplaces (brandpa, namerific, brandroot for starters) He was able to turn a 1k investment into quite the windfall. If we should all be so lucky.

I dont think anyone is jealous. He grew to a point where he was hoarding the whole website. His names got pushed first and the little guys who funded bb's advertisements with listing fees got pushed to back side and got fed scraps. So there maybe a lot of hard feelings from domainers. I dont think its jealousy.

•••

I have never posted anything but what I see is factual. Prove me wrong with screen shots and whois data, and I will eat my words and apologize!

The BB thread had some posts awhile that search was improved, and above I demonstrated in 5 minutes it remains skewed with one example. If you were to invest your time to examine whois on a bunch of keywords and post that data here proving otherwise, I am all ears. That would be more productive than accusing people of being jealous. Research who owns the top names in search, its almost like Adwords, paid advertising above organic results. In fact, its like SEO gaming. The skewed and favored management of a company to a small close knit group of people there and here on NP that own a bunch of names will defend this to no end. I think those people should all be members of the BB club, which would actually be better for them : less inventory and sellers = less competitors. Then the remaining sellers defect to other markets.

I come from an industry of professionals, not a company run by some school teacher or language major. Sales organizations if done correctly are designed to work to eliminate conflicts of interest. Inside sales support outside sales. Inside sales dont take sales away from their resellers, or they lose their resellers and get a black eye from all peer resellers who talk among themselves as on this forum, and boycott the principal. Clearly that sort of education in business management was lacking at this marketplace. I have seen lines always drawn clearly with business owners or corporations choosing between inside sales or outside sales forces. You can’t have it both ways, or what has happened here and exposed occurs to tarnish resellers / outside sellers confidence with insiders. There are sellers with a few names with “Tech” in them that deserve 1st page position. Why are they on page 8? Maybe I should post all the pages of screen shots here, I still have them. Meanwhile that name Xefeo or whatever was glaringly at me- front row center. The best seat in the house. Prime real estate.

I have no horse in this race, I removed my names from BB and in fact they keep getting purchased by others. I don’t really care, I hope they sell to an end user someday, and hope that the reseller makes ton’s of money.

But the fact remains that a worldwide independent marketplace is needed. No godaddy, no afternic, no sedo, no namejet, no commissions - a craigslists sort of free and open market place with no leaders, no sponsors, no bloggers, no kickbacks - a domainer marketplace to sell to end users. Cut out the middlemen. Cut out the brokers. Direct sales domainer to end user. A co-op even. The market is all fragmented with separate landing pages in parking services instead of one central marketplace for end users, they go to Godaddy because they are the most well known.

Last edited:
•••
Gina are you his girlfriend? lol... pretty easy to sell when the results are skewed in your favor don'tcha think?
Really?, because I happen to have a woman's name you jump to that conclusion? Silly boy. No. I've never even met Michael. And of course, if you have 1/5 of the names on BB you'll sell more, that goes w/o saying.

Last edited:
•••
I have never posted anything but what I see is factual. Prove me wrong with screen shots and whois data, and I will eat my words and apologize!

The BB thread had some posts awhile that search was improved, and above I demonstrated in 5 minutes it remains skewed with one example. If you were to invest your time to examine whois on a bunch of keywords and post that data here proving otherwise, I am all ears. That would be more productive than accusing people of being jealous. Research who owns the top names in search, its almost like Adwords, paid advertising above organic results. In fact, its like SEO gaming. The skewed and favored management of a company to a small close knit group of people there and here on NP that own a bunch of names will defend this to no end. I think those people should all be members of the BB club, which would actually be better for them : less inventory and sellers = less competitors. Then the remaining sellers defect to other markets.

I come from an industry of professionals, not a company run by some school teacher or language major. Sales organizations if done correctly are designed to work to eliminate conflicts of interest. Inside sales support outside sales. Inside sales dont take sales away from their resellers, or they lose their resellers and get a black eye from all peer resellers who talk among themselves as on this forum, and boycott the principal. Clearly that sort of education in business management was lacking at this marketplace. I have seen lines always drawn clearly with business owners or corporations choosing between inside sales or outside sales forces. You can’t have it both ways, or what has happened here and exposed occurs to tarnish resellers / outside sellers confidence with insiders. There are sellers with a few names with “Tech” in them that deserve 1st page position. Why are they on page 8? Maybe I should post all the pages of screen shots here, I still have them. Meanwhile that name Xefeo or whatever was glaringly at me- front row center. The best seat in the house. Prime real estate.

I have no horse in this race, I removed my names from BB and in fact they keep getting purchased by others. I don’t really care, I hope they sell to an end user someday, and hope that the reseller makes ton’s of money.

But the fact remains that a worldwide independent marketplace is needed. No godaddy, no afternic, no sedo, no namejet, no commissions - a craigslists sort of free and open market place with no leaders, no sponsors, no bloggers, no kickbacks - a domainer marketplace to sell to end users. Cut out the middlemen. Cut out the brokers. Direct sales domainer to end user. A co-op even. The market is all fragmented with separate landing pages in parking services instead of one central marketplace for end users, they go to Godaddy because they are the most well known.

I don't need to prove anything. I wasn't responding to you in particular but to a few others. Speaking of insider and close-knit, one of the reasons why I've stayed away from NF in its current incarnation is that it very much feels like a boys club and I wanted to offer up another perspective. I happen to be a bb seller, and they are quite welcoming to me there. Is it perfect, no. I agree with you, there's much to be critical of the system, as well as how MK had/has the lions share, but there are options thankfully and we all have a choice, to buy/sell in whatever way we choose.

Last edited:
•••
Didn't godaddy overhaul their coupon program after he went on dn sherpa, and point and clicked his way on how to use multiple $1 coupons? Is this the same guy?

•••
I don't need to prove anything. Speaking of close-knit, sometimes NP feels that way. I happen to be a bb seller, and they are quite welcoming to me there. I wasn't responding to you in particular but to a few others. speaking of insider and close-knit, one of the reasons why I've stayed away from NF in its current incarnation is that it very much feels like a boys club and I wanted to offer up another perspective. Yes, of course, I agree there's much to be critical of the system, and how MK had/has the lions share, but there are options thankfully and we all have a choice, to buy/sell in whatever way we choose. Best to you on all your endeavours.
This is not a boys club, you have us confused with DBR, all love here

Last edited:
•••
What is the correct procedure for removing your domains from BB?

•••
•••

Personally, I like your style and reasoning (y)

•••
.....But the fact remains that a worldwide independent marketplace is needed. No godaddy, no afternic, no sedo, no namejet, no commissions - a craigslists sort of free and open market place with no leaders, no sponsors, no bloggers, no kickbacks - a domainer marketplace to sell to end users. Cut out the middlemen. Cut out the brokers. Direct sales domainer to end user. A co-op even. The market is all fragmented with separate landing pages in parking services instead of one central marketplace for end users, they go to Godaddy because they are the most well known.

Run it like digital currency, use the blockchain technology...

•••
I don't need to prove anything. Speaking of close-knit, sometimes NP feels that way. I happen to be a bb seller, and they are quite welcoming to me there. I wasn't responding to you in particular but to a few others. speaking of insider and close-knit, one of the reasons why I've stayed away from NF in its current incarnation is that it very much feels like a boys club and I wanted to offer up another perspective. Yes, of course, I agree there's much to be critical of the system, and how MK had/has the lions share, but there are options thankfully and we all have a choice, to buy/sell in whatever way we choose. Best to you on all your endeavours.

This is the first post I have seen from you since I joined in 2016, A boy’s club? hmmm. Thanks for posting that, what do you see wrong? In fact start another thread to explain that conclusion. Please do.

We are a random bunch here, with plenty of debating and disagreements to be considered a club of like minded people. You should feel welcome to post anything constructive or critical as opposed to stating “jealousy” what you did in the way you did it. The topic persons name in thread was never my issue, and it isn’t my issue at all or any resellers. It’s the naive business management of BB or worse the insider club favoritism the marketplace has been accused of and shown to certain sellers. A brand ambassador should be like a sales manager, encouraging sellers not competing with them. Same with a business owner, not competing but having some honor, loyalty, respect and support of resellers. Putting the end users customers interests first before your own wallet. When a search is done like I showed, thats bad for both the would be customer and the non “club member” insiders.

I think if you participated and offered your perspective you will find this forum is open, lots of lurkers more than posters so start a thread, or join in. Closed knit? I feel this forum has plenty of independent mavericks like myself more so than group think. Stick around.

•••
What is the correct procedure for removing your domains from BB?

Send them in a 30 day notice via email, then change nameservers at the end of 30 days.

•••
Run it like digital currency, use the blockchain technology...

I am block-challenged. Start a thread on that, sounds interesting.

•••
I am block-challenged. Start a thread on that, sounds interesting.

I am actually challenged in the whole blockchain thing BUT, from what I read its open and its transparent. It sounds like a solution begging for problems. I bet it could be used in a buy/sell sort of manner. You know? I dont know though. I am reading as much as I can on it but it is somewhat confusing to me :)

•••
I am actually challenged in the whole blockchain thing BUT, from what I read its open and its transparent. It sounds like a solution begging for problems. I bet it could be used in a buy/sell sort of manner. You know? I dont know though. I am reading as much as I can on it but it is somewhat confusing to me :)

From what I read, its key is decentralization. Hence why every bank, financial entity and govt are afraid of losing their grip and control. Mods are going to delete this though, we are going off topic.

•••
From what I read, its key is decentralization. Hence why every bank, financial entity and govt are afraid of losing their grip and control. Mods are going to delete this though, we are going off topic.

Gotcha.

Here you go - started a new thread. Lets see if anyone smarter than I can confirm or deny what I am wondering... :)

Last edited:
•••
This is the first post I have seen from you since I joined in 2016, A boy’s club? hmmm. Thanks for posting that, what do you see wrong? In fact start another thread to explain that conclusion. Please do.

We are a random bunch here, with plenty of debating and disagreements to be considered a club of like minded people. You should feel welcome to post anything constructive or critical as opposed to stating “jealousy” what you did in the way you did it. The topic persons name in thread was never my issue, and it isn’t my issue at all or any resellers. It’s the naive business management of BB or worse the insider club favoritism the marketplace has been accused of and shown to certain sellers. A brand ambassador should be like a sales manager, encouraging sellers not competing with them. Same with a business owner, not competing but having some honor, loyalty, respect and support of resellers. Putting the end users customers interests first before your own wallet. When a search is done like I showed, thats bad for both the would be customer and the non “club member” insiders.

I think if you participated and offered your perspective you will find this forum is open, lots of lurkers more than posters so start a thread, or join in. Closed knit? I feel this forum has plenty of independent mavericks like myself more so than group think. Stick around.

Perhaps I shall join in like you said. Or, I'll go back to lurking. But two years back, when I was more active, I had some negative experiences which is why I've stayed away. There don't seem to be a lot of woman folk on here. But yes, I stand by what I said, some of those who've either expressed themselves with a bit more vitriol (or maybe it's the heavy-handed Trump memes that seem a bit over the top) or anyone who may take offense to what I said may very well be masking a bit of jealousy or envy. Heck, I'm a bit envious of MK's success and wanted to give a more 'positive' spin.

Last edited:
•••
There don't seem to be a lot of woman folk on here.

I legitimately think there might be more people pretending to be women, than actual women, on here.

•••
Perhaps I shall join in like you said. Or, I'll go back to lurking. But two years back, when I was more active, I had some negative experiences which is why I've stayed away. There don't seem to be a lot of woman folk on here. But yes, I stand by what I said, some of those who've either expressed themselves with a bit more vitriol (or maybe it's the heavy-handed Trump memes that seem a bit over the top) or anyone who may take offense to what I said may very well be masking a bit of jealousy or envy. Heck, I'm a bit envious of MK's success and wanted to give a more 'positive' spin.
I truly appreciate your participation. :)

•••
Back