Dynadot

NameCheap

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got pissed off and moved my .info's away cause they started charging $8.88 the same as the .com's for them.

•••
Very good domain registrar

I do think that they could get mor ecoupons out to the public like godaddy.com does.

•••
A bit pricey at 8.88, but otherwise very good.

NameCheap are errm... Cheap! They have a great customer service, they are fast to use, apart from .cn registrations, they are flawless.

•••
Review

Well.
I just started using NameCheap when i bought a domain on that site.
it has an easy and clean layout/design..
the prices are perfect and cheap.
i didn't used/got any tickets on the customer service so i gave them 5..
the features are great. i really liked namecheap.

•••
Simply Awesome!

Simply the best out there. Nice & User-Friendly interface. Reasonable prices. Extraordinary customer service !

10 on 10 ;)

•••
One of the Best

I've used namecheap for quite some time now, great prices and features. What more can you ask for?

•••
namecheap; used for all my domains

I've stuck with namecheap for all my names and only used support once and got a responce in the same day!

•••
Won't go anywhere else!!

I love them, I have been with them for over 2 years, have tried other registrars and always come back to namecheap, they are superb, the best!

•••
•••
Worst, by far.

The WORST registar ive seen, ever. They steal domains, overcharge, and provide next to NO support

•••
The WORST registar ive seen, ever. They steal domains, overcharge, and provide next to NO support
If you are going to write a negative review, please back up your claim, especially as the other reviews have been overwhelmingly positive.

As it stands right now, your claim does not have any credibility.

•••
cvxdes said:

id like to here more about this? Overcharge issue especially. Namecheaps support has always got back to me in circa 2/3 hours. Maybe im just lucky..

•••
hot review

great registar , cheap prices, and the support was superior!

•••
Review

Good Prices for what they offer. No problems as of yet, though they are a reseller, which is my only bug

•••
Very good!

I've never had a problem with NameCheap! Price is a bit high at $8.88, but you can usually bring it down to $7.99 with their coupons.

•••
Members asking about my review:
First of, I had an account for a year or so, bought some names, pushed them, and so on. One day, someone pushed me some domains that were appearantly fraudulent - as a result they froze my account. I noticed this when I purchaced e85ethanol.net, and was logging in. I quicky emailed them, and received a responce 3 days later (after semi-daily emails to them.)
In their mail, they asked for my number, which I provided and was ignored for a week.
One week after that, they called at 9:00pm, when I was getting into bed. (I need to wake up early - what can I say?). They told me that I received a potentially fraudulent domain and they cant unsuspend my account till they sort their stuff out. Now, I have lost my account... luckily I sold my last one there 2 days before they locked the account. Anyways, it's still locked now... and I cant go around transfering every domain from NC to better registars, like Dynadot. Who, by the way, have prices $1.11 cheaper than namecheap, instant DNS updates and registration, and great support.. often within the hour. They also listen to suggestions. For example, I suggested for them to add a push feature rather than a pull one - it was added the next month.

If you have any questions about my review - post them.

•••
Now, did you know of any situation before that person pushed your domains that would potentially cause problems?

•••
webfreak said:
Now, did you know of any situation before that person pushed your domains that would potentially cause problems?

For the record, cvdexs account was first locked for a paypal chargeback. He then received unpaid domains from an alleged scam artist that is discussed in both these threads and who he refers to above and whom he was quite friendly with:

http://www.namepros.com/228919-ud-aka-chelsea-murphy-warning-others-3.html

http://DomainState/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=65832

Last edited:
•••
I dont even know whats going on. Whos side should I be on? I thought I was neutral, then against.. now.. I dont know.

Richard, I'm sorry for the bad review. I may retract it, But, I dont know at this point.

•••
Review

Overall I say they're ok.. simple to get registrations done, but when you want to sell the domain to someone else, namecheap makes it a real pain in the ass & won't allow transfers out of namecheap & they make your buyer get an account with them & renew with them.. Because of that, I will never use them again. If they didn't make transfers out of them difficult, they'd be top notch. Customer support via phone was less than pleasant.

•••
Not Bad... Amazingly poor customer support though!

I used to be really impressed with NameCheap, everything seemed to easy... the marketplace is a nice touch.

However... when withdrawing funds to a PayPal account it can take almost a week until YOUR money is moved to your paypal account.

Also customer support is horrendous - I know its a big company but 3 days to get a simple question answered is just plain pointless.

•••
Great!

Namecheap is a great registrar, with great pricing and lots of features.

•••
The Best!

I've used other registrars before, but Namecheap is by far my favorite.

•••
namecheap charge you $8.88 for .info's after the inital first year.

booo. great service but I dont want to pay the same as a .com to keep a .info/

•••
Rubbish Service!

This registrar hasn't replied to any of my e-mails in over 6 hours, rubbish registrar, overall 1/10!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back