Dynadot

NameCheap

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What's with uptime recently? Namecheap has been down a few times in past several weeks, especially between 9:00-10:30 UTC. Right now it has been down for about 40 minutes. At least that's what I'm seeing:

Hold on there, cowboy!

We’ve slowed things down so you don’t get stampeded by folks trying to save a few bucks.

Just refresh the page shortly and the deals will magically appear again.

•••
Maybe they are under a DDoS attack. Not sure though.

In the last days, there were 2 major DDoS attacks.

•••
It's back up now, it finds domain names correctly, but adding them to shopping cart is impossible.

•••
•••
The WORST registar ive seen, ever. They steal domains, overcharge, and provide next to NO support
If you are going to write a negative review, please back up your claim, especially as the other reviews have been overwhelmingly positive.

As it stands right now, your claim does not have any credibility.

•••
First off, this was not a technical glitch. The domains were deleted for credit card fraud.

Usaons,

You were informed in your original email by our fraud department the following:

Hello,

Marketplace sales of the domain names 1stclickandbuy.com and 1stclickandbuy.net have been denied and the funds have been refunded to your Namecheap account as the Seller did not pass our fraud verification process and was locked. In such cases we cancel all the orders of the locked users so the domain names in question have been deleted and now they are again available for registration, so if you need those domain names you can just register them.
--------------------
Regards,
Tatyana B
Fraud Prevention Manager
NameCheap.com

So basically you and your buddies got together and registered some domains and then tried to sell them to another account via our marketplace to cover your tracks. Unfortunately for you, we watch every transaction.

I think you and your buddies well have to go back to the drawing board and think up another extortion scam.

To the mods here, is there anything that can be done to remove this scammer and his false allegations? Thanks.

•••
Namecheap is nice and all, but I now realized that Namecheap is only economical during the first time registration -- you get free Whois Privacy, a discount reg (with coupon), and free SSL.

It now becomes MORE EXPENSIVE during RENEWAL period. Domain renewals now cost $9.69 (no renewal coupons available) when other registrars offer a dollar less on renewals and no need for coupons to hunt down. Namecheap renewals also require you to buy your Whois Privacy subscription at $2.88 a pop, when other registrars offer Whois Protection renewals for free.

So again, Namecheap is nice for first time domain regs. But the pricing competition is now becoming attractive out there. Functionality-wise, Namecheap is ok. Pricing-wise, may need to become more competitive to keep clients from transferring elsewhere where it is "ironically" cheaper.

•••
It still shows internal server error to me.

•••
•••
•••
pretty good!

For a first time user and for an advanced user you should have no problems, i certainly havn't had any and there paypal money transfers to your account are extremely fast unless others like godaddy where you have to use a subscription.

Features are good and easy and so is the interface.

Havn't had any problems so far and ive been with them ofr many many months!

•••
Nice Script and Format etc ... -

I think Namecheap is "Under Rated" Quite often ~ One of the most simple to use Member Sections out there ~

•••
Excellent register with very fast DNS updates, and they accept PayPal.

-Very Fast DNS Updates
-Prices Are Pretty Good
-Good customer service
-Accept PayPal

•••
Review

This was the first registrar I ever used and they have not let me down yet. Fast domain forwarding and transactions. If you're like me dumb and blonde, then this is the perfect first registrar.

Last edited:
•••
Namecheap is the best!

There price is good. There service kicks butt, they are all around awsome and there website loads faster than almost all the registars i have seen. I do like domainsite.com as well.

•••
NameCheap has great customer support!

Support has always been helpful and fast unlike many other registers. They also come here to NP and answer questions. Also the free WhoisGuard is nice. :)

•••
Great Company!!!!

The first registar I used, They are GREAT, Cheap prices, I don't know about customer support since I haven't needed it!!! Another great thing is they accept paypal!
This is my favourite registrar :)

•••
Review

Not my preferred registrar, have had some severe problems with them. Have switched over to Godaddy and other Godaddy Resellers.

•••
Review

^_^

Its great website! I register my all domains there. There is no scrap.. no discounts..like scraps.. always reliable service.. always steady prices.. and plus great free whois addon.. They also accept paypal.. with no minimum commitments..

•••
Review

TQ is what I can say! :)

•••
•••
What more could you want?

Great prices, great features, easy to use and fast customer service. 10/10!

•••
Thumbs up!

Very user friendly.
Prices are so so.

ST

•••
9/10!

Namecheap is the best reseller out there. They accept Paypal, too!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back