Dynadot

Namecheap Expedited Transfers !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ulterios

The Bear is Sticky with HoneyTop Member
Impact
A while back there was a thread here with many members complaining that transfers out of Namecheap took too long. That is NOT the case anymore. I just had a transfer out of Namecheap last night that took less than 45 minutes. A Namecheap rep said that they made the change and this is the first transfer OUT of namecheap I have had since then.

It looks like the complaints were heard and acted on. This is great news for people selling domains that are using Namecheap as the registrar. It appears that they want to make sure us domain investors aren't using another registrar for the slow transfer times.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Err.. did you have to click on the link to expedite it yesterday? The one I received today doesn't have a link. Is it automatic?
Yes, there is always a link in a confirm email. However, it isn't as clear as it should be. It only talks about if you wish to "Cancel" and says nothing about approving the transfer. However, if you go to the link then there is an option to approve the transfer.

A copy of the email that they send is listed below. Either click on the link or copy and paste the link into your browser address bar. Approve the transfer and it will be moving along and completed promptly. That's the one I got this time.

"
STANDARDIZED FORM OF AUTHORIZATION
DOMAIN NAME TRANSFER - Confirmation of Registrar Transfer Request

Attention: XXXXXXX
Re: Transfer of XXXXXXXXXX

Namecheap.com received notification on Nov 24 2015 that a request to transfer a domain name to another registrar has been initiated. If you want to proceed with this transfer, you do not need to respond to this message. If you wish to cancel the transfer, please respond to this message before Nov 29 2015 by using the following URL:

http://transfer-approval.com/t.asp?id=XXXXXXXXXX-XXX-XXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXX

If we do not hear from you by Nov 29 2015 , the transfer will proceed.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact [email protected].
"

•••
In mine, the area after "by using the following URL:" is blank.
I contacted support, and it appears to be a technical issue for the new gtlds (no link in e-mail). I gotta wait the full 5 days this time. I hope they fix it soon.

•••
In mine, the area after "by using the following URL:" is blank.
I contacted support, and it appears to be a technical issue for the new gtlds (no link in e-mail). I gotta wait the full 5 days this time. I hope they fix it soon.
Oh, that $ucks! I would think that since they have that issue, support should be able to send a link or something.

I haven't done any TF's from them yet, just the usual extensions.

I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks for the update. :)

•••
let me get it staight.. to expediate transfer out of namecheap u need to click the link in emaail which says "to cancel transfer please click here"

can anything be more misleading than this? thats absurd.

•••
They said they'd change the text later, the decision to allow expedited transfers is fairly new.

•••
They said they'd change the text later, the decision to allow expedited transfers is fairly new.

oh I see. well.. I guess its safe to say the average joe who never comes round here wil never know namecheap even offers expediated.

as matter of fact I Recently emailed their floor managers to ask about it, and they said no expediated possible now.

either way, I'm transferring some stuff out so this is very good info.. thanks I'll give that cancel/expediate link a go.

•••
oh I see. well.. I guess its safe to say the average joe who never comes round here wil never know namecheap even offers expediated.

as matter of fact I Recently emailed their floor managers to ask about it, and they said no expediated possible now.

either way, I'm transferring some stuff out so this is very good info.. thanks I'll give that cancel/expediate link a go.
Yes, expedited transfers are not too old. Their CEO came here and let us all know about this new change because many people weren't happy about the longer transfer times. The longer times were a security feature to prevent (or at least help) domain theft and give registrants time to catch these attempts.

Here's the thread where NC's CEO made the announcement: https://www.namepros.com/threads/caution-stop-using-namecheap.879739/page-4

•••
Heads-up for anyone that wants to transfer away from Namecheap. Here was today's transfer times:

Namecheap transfer to NameSilo started at 4:37pm my time.

Namecheap transfer to NameSilo completed at 5:30pm my time.

Less than 1 hour to transfer out again. Their expedited transfers are great.

This was from a second Namecheap account of mine.

The last one I did from Namecheap to Namesilo a couple week ago took about 24 hours. It would have been quicker if Namecheap did not take so long to send the approval email.

I started a .co transfer from Namecheap last Saturday and here we are Friday night and they still have not released it.

The last message I got was last Sunday.
NameCheap.com received notification on 02/07/2016 19:45:50 that you have requested a transfer to another domain name registrar. If you want to proceed with this transfer, you do not need to respond to this message. If you wish to cancel the transfer, please contact us before 02/12/2016 19:45:50

So about 6 days if they transfer it by 7:45pm tonight. Maybe .co's are handled differently from .coms.

•••
I initiated the transfer last Saturday night and it completed today, the following Saturday. Just shy of a full 7 days for a .co transfer.

•••
The last one I did from Namecheap to Namesilo a couple week ago took about 24 hours. It would have been quicker if Namecheap did not take so long to send the approval email.

I started a .co transfer from Namecheap last Saturday and here we are Friday night and they still have not released it.

The last message I got was last Sunday.

So about 6 days if they transfer it by 7:45pm tonight. Maybe .co's are handled differently from .coms.
I've been doing several the last couple weeks and the longest was just under 2 hours.

Have you been going to the consent link they send and authorizing the transfer? The email is a little misleading and it only says to decline, but it's for accepting the transfers as well and speeds up the process.

I've done many as of late and they average just under and hour.

•••
•••
The process has changed slightly today the email implies that clicking link would cancel but then I contacted support then they said, "
Despite the fact that it states you need to click the link only if you would like to cancel the transfer, please rest assured that you will be offered to choose between two options, namely "Approve" and "Reject". You will need to click on "Approve" button.
"
So, I clicked it then was given Approve button clicked that and within 10 minutes domain was moved from NC to NS.

•••
Yes I was confused by the same thing yesterday. So if you are transferring out from Namecheap, click on the link that they say is if you want to cancel it, but you will be given the choice, and if you say approve, then the 5 day wait does not happen and as @Daniel Owens said, for me too, it was transferred in not much more than 10 minutes. Very smooth.

•••
Anyone have a Registrar recommendation for Bulk transfers? I have about 50-75 domains I need out of 1&1 soon, but on a budget,I dont care currently about best hosting/this or that. Godaddy is like $7.50ish each I think?
For bulk transfers, some registrars, like EPIK, offer transfer-in concierge service (i.e. they have their staff handle the transfers for you). Very helpful especially when dealing with transfers-out from problematic registrars like 1&1 or NetSol.

I mention EPIK as they are currently running a rare $6.99 .com transfer promo to boot, valid till end of November... not to mention all the domain sales tools you'll have access to once your domains are at EPIK (y)
Yes I was confused by the same thing yesterday. So if you are transferring out from Namecheap, click on the link that they say is if you want to cancel it, but you will be given the choice, and if you say approve, then the 5 day wait does not happen and as @Daniel Owens said, for me too, it was transferred in not much more than 10 minutes. Very smooth.
This is a standard "trick" used by many registrars, making you think the link allows transfer cancellation only. I always click and attmpt to approve the transfer, which usually works. One exception I've come across so far is eWallHost... clicking on the link in their transfer confirmation email cancels the transfer right there and then! :blackeye:

Last edited:
•••
So if you are transferring out from Namecheap, click on the link that they say is if you want to cancel it, but you will be given the choice, and if you say approve, then the 5 day wait does not happen and as @Daniel Owens said, for me too, it was transferred in not much more than 10 minutes. Very smooth.

I do believe the transfer does take place relatively quickly (i.e., within about 15 minutes, as opposed to hours or days), but they still include verbiage to the effect that the transfer will take place within 5 days.

(And to be clear, I'm talking about what's shown after you click the link in the transfer email...)

Granted, the 10-15 minutes falls within that time frame, but I guess having the "5 days" there makes me think it would usually take longer. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
I do believe the transfer does take place relatively quickly (i.e., within about 15 minutes, as opposed to hours or days), but they still include verbiage to the effect that the transfer will take place within 5 days.

(And to be clear, I'm talking about what's shown after you click the link in the transfer email...)

Granted, the 10-15 minutes falls within that time frame, but I guess having the "5 days" there makes me think it would usually take longer. :xf.smile:
It does take 5 days if you don't click the secret link then click approve.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back