IT.COM

NameCheap

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The best registrar!

Namecheap is my favorite Registrar. I have only ever encountered one problem, when I tried to transfer a name from another registrar to them. It worked out in the end, but it took a couple of tries. It is great that they have a presence here on Namepros, too...

•••
I really, really like them

Never had any problems with namecheap. So I give them 10/10. Oh, never needed customer service, can´t judge it though.

Recommend them anytime.

•••
My third favorite.

My third favorite.

•••
The Best Registrar!

I think NameCheap is one of the best companies ever! Their website is so great and I've never had one problem with them. They should register more tld's though. They could get a little cheaper too (.info is a good price though.)
Good job NameCheap, hopefully you have more success.

•••
Excellent Interface

They have an excellent interface. Very easy to use and instant transfers are great if you want to sell a domain.

•••
Review

really good for paid domains but a downfall is that im from the uk

•••
Name Cheaps gets a thumbs up from me! IMO, Name Cheap offers one of the best interfaces and the smoothest transfers.

•••
total crap

I am not a person ever to rant and 99.9% in my life I let things go. I find namecheap one of the biggest disapointments in my online life.

I bought a name from a customer of namecheap, they create an account for me and push the name to my new account. The name was over 60 days old so I start a transfer from my godaddy account. It failed the first time so I contacted namecheap, a guy jerry gets back to me within 12 hours and says the lock is removed try again. Again it fails, I contact them, there is jerry again and says there is no reason it would fail. I now amd getting pissed, I call godaddy who days the lock is still on the name. I contacted namecheap several times, each time the same guy responds with a vague and useless answer. It is clear they have limited staff since the chances of getting the same guy each and every time leads me to think it is a one man show. I could not find a number anywhere on their site.

It took many cups of coffee and pulling my hair until the name went to my godaddy account. I would never recommend them and will never purchase a name from their service.

•••
Review

Prices are generally good and the interface is really easy, perhaps a bit too simplistic but I rated them well.

•••
Perfect Man!

Well, this is one of the best around!

•••
Review

Very easy to use, and these are my figures.

•••
Review

Love the range of tlds that you can reg, and the ability to credit your account via PayPal, but I only use it for .us registration, I buy all my others for 7.99 at dynadot

•••
Best registrar ever!

this is the best site for buying domains ive ever seen! i always buy from them and there awsome!

•••
Review

Very cheap and great place.

•••
Review

Live Register is what make me stick with Namecheap.

•••
Very good registrar

Very nice interface, customer support, and features.
Great value for $8.88

•••
Good, solid company!

I have been pleased with NameCheap. They are now the company who holds all of my domains. They are extremly fast in the registering of a new domain, transferring DNS numbers, etc... I've seen prices just a tad bit lesser at other places, but the price is good, and I'd say the few cents more is worth the service. I haven't had to deal with the Customer Service, so I'm not going to rate that.

•••
Fair prices, Speedy service, Nice Interface

The first thing that strikes me about NameCheap is the features that the customer control panel offers. It has all the features you could possibly request, and they're all very speedy. Payment via PayPal or credit card, you can have a domain bought and working within seconds - literally. They offer a wide range of TLDs at very reasonable prices, and their customer support and service is comprehensive, quick and personal. Best registrar I could recommend. I'd rather pay $8.88 to get a domain from NameCheap than be offered them for free from any other registrar. No dodgy tricks to keep you registering or anything. Perfect.

•••
Hello,

I am with Namecheap.com customer support so as such I won't post a rating as I of course will be biased. I just really wanted to thank everyone that has posted their opinions here (good and bad). It is great knowing that all of our hard work at Namecheap.com has paid off. Once again, I want to personally thank each and every one of you.

Regards,
Michael K.

•••
Choose them if you can!

Great registrar, $8.88/yr with free privacy! Got a few domains... free privacy, which I like..

•••
Review

Use them all the time, There Great!!!

•••
It works! It's fast! It's simple! It's Cheap! What more? :)

NameCheap rocks simply because their interface doesn't take 3 years to load, and 10 days to learn how to use. SOme of the more exotic TLDs are a little overpriced (Re: .nu) however, overall they're great.

•••
Review

Good experience with this company.
Customer support is helpful.
If they could lower their prices a little bit it would be great. Anyway I would gladly recommend them to anyone.

•••
Review

I have been in the process of switching from Registerfly to NameCheap because NC is the best place to use!

•••
My first domain wa sbought from Namecheap.com and the best thing is they contact you immediatly and anser your questions, they have also a nice menu. The only problem is the price which is 8.88$, a bit expensive i think!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back