Domain Empire

NameCheap

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
this is great site

this has been providing easy and cheap domain register,with paypal

•••
Great, best, but still can improve!

Overall is great, but I concern for its feature and price....

for feature, its.cctld coverage is not good, at least it should cover like domainsite...
also there is no domain taste service...
for price, if it can go down to 6.95, that will be perfect

•••
Namecheap review

My review of Namecheap. Overall a good place to register domains, but lacking in the customer service department. Twice my emails received no reply whatsoever. A bad reply is still better than no reply at all. In this regard Godaddy pays alot more attention, than Namecheap. Otherwise a good fuss free registrar with good control panel. A do-it-yourself registrar.

There is one feature lacking though and its consolidating the expiry dates of all your domains, in other words grouping the expiry dates together...unless I missed it somewhere. Customer service can definitely be improved and it shouldnt just stop at answering basic easy questions. So far asked them 4 questions only, 2 answered and 2 not answered.

Last edited:
•••
Great features, great services, just awesome

Namecheap is a really reliable and awesome host. They have all the features you need. Interface is really simple to use.

•••
Don't Let The Name Fool You - They're Not That Cheap

An all around good company. The name is a bit misleading because you can find tons of registrars out there with lower prices, but cheaper isn't always better ;). Support is OK and always replies the same day.

•••
Great Service

NameCheap is very professional. They are really cheap and I like their support.
Their marketplace is easy to use and good to sell on.
Thanks Namecheap!

•••
Review

Name cheap are superb, there the best in my opinion

•••
Great Registrar

Excellent registrar. Clean and quick interface. Prices could be better, but they are fair. Two thumbs up!

•••
Overall The Best Registrar Online

We have been with namecheap for several years, We also have accounts at many other registrars and namecheaps pricing, customer service and interface far out surpass any of the other major registrars we use..

•••
EDIT: Sorry, double post.

I perfer Namecheap over GoDaddy, Yahoo, etc. It's perfect and free domain forwarding is very nice.

Namecheap has good service too. I had my problem solved in less than 24 hours.

•••
Very good register recommended.

The site has a lot of features and very very good interface. You can navigate around easily and its a ease. Theres no problem and if there is their support is fast. Only problem is that the domain isn't that cheap.

•••
i like it

if the price gets a little bit down, it will be great.

•••
Review

The best, my first choice.

•••
alockrem said:
Note: In the following review I use ~x dbe meaning estimated # of days before expiration. Sorry if there is an easier standard to use.

~15 dbe of one of my domains I asked 1and1 to transfer it to their service from namecheap.com. ~12 dbe I received an email from 1and1 saying I needed to contact [email protected] to have them move the domain. I immediately forwarded that email to [email protected] asking for their assistance. The response I received (~10 dbe) stated that I need to log into their website and make the change through the site instead of having a person (who I'm sure could have moved it) move this domain for me. ~7 dbe I logged into the website to follow the instructions and am told that because it's within 7 days I must pay namecheap to renew it and it cannot be transferred to another company. The person I emailed, as I was instructed to, never told me that this must be completed in the next couple of days. This is a very unprofessional way of forcing end users to pay for the small print.

This is standard practice with all the registrars. You should be bagging either the person who sold you the domain or yourself for not doing the checks. Don't expect Namecheap to transfer your site...the console is simple stupid to use.

•••
NameCheap is the best!

I love NameCheap, i've been using them for maybe 3 years now and they are excellent! I will never stop using them unless they drasticaly fall apart and disappear. ;)

•••
Very good - but...

Well, I think NameCheap are awesome. Everything about them is fantastic, but the only bad thing is that the other day, I added some credit to my NameCheap account, and it never did show up. So I payed for credit that isn't even there! I got into contact with NameCheap, and their support is some-what slow.

It's a shame to write a review like this becuase I used to think they were really great, but ever since this happened and the lack of support, I had to rate it 7/10.

I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else because it did annoy me.

//Edit: Sorry, I rated support 4(1/2)/5 when I meant for it to be 2.

Last edited:
•••
I am a namecheap customer since three years and I second what others have posted here about ease of use, quick DNS changes etc.

However, as others have pointed out, customer service has been none too impressive on the few occasions when I have needed it. The main problem has been the delay in getting responses and occasionally I felt they were canned replies, not a human answering.

The push domains to another user feature is great. It works exceptionally well, except for the Whoisguard subscriptions which were not pushed although I selected them. I had to log into the new account and enable them again.

I believe Namecheap can be everyone's favourite if they addressed three things: their higher prices, somewhat lacklustre customer service and lack of discount codes.

•••
Great stuff....

They are a bit pricey but no issues at all with NameServers etc almost instant change and buying a domain is simple through them... Just my 2 cents ;)

•••
I love namecheap

This was my first ever registra when i entered into the Domaining world.

I love it because its FAST. Every changes you make happens within that very moment.

I have to agree customer service have not been perfect.

I will use namecheap for buying and selling domain because the PUSH function is super fast.

But for domains I wish to develop, I will use godaddy for their cheaper domains.

•••
•••
Review

Very pleased with NameCheap. Simple as hell and great interface. No bullshit like godaddy, straight forward.

•••
Excellent customer service! Very happy with them so far!

Excellent customer service! Very happy with them so far!

•••
Disappointed with support and will move soon

After reading a lot of positive reviews we moved some of our domains to Namecheap after the Registerfly.com meltdown and fiasco.

However, we have been unimpressed by the quality of support and occasionally felt we were right back there at Registerfly (shudder).

We had to constantly contact NC support - which we suspect is in India or Pakistan - to see what was happening with our transfers and to ask them to fix bugs in their interface. Occasionally we got 'attitude', sometimes we got nonsense and other times we got nothing.

Eventually all the problems and bugs were sorted out but after just escaping that sort of support environment we've decided enough is enough.

Other reviewers have found their support to be OK so maybe it was the influx of ex-RF customers which overwhelmed the system? But whatever happened we still plan to move our domains from Namecheap at the first opportunity.

BTW, we transferred other domains to Dynadot at the same time, all of which went through within 5 days without the slightest problem or having to contact their support even once! That's more like it!

•••
Fantastic

My regular port of call for domains, everything about it is good including the support

•••
-LB- said:
Well, I think NameCheap are awesome. Everything about them is fantastic, but the only bad thing is that the other day, I added some credit to my NameCheap account, and it never did show up. So I payed for credit that isn't even there! I got into contact with NameCheap, and their support is some-what slow.

It's a shame to write a review like this becuase I used to think they were really great, but ever since this happened and the lack of support, I had to rate it 7/10.

I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else because it did annoy me.

//Edit: Sorry, I rated support 4(1/2)/5 when I meant for it to be 2.

You need to refresh your page in order to see the credit.
:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back