IT.COM

NameCheap

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Review

I use them and never had a problem. Customer support was fast.

Skinny

•••
I've had some names transferred to there from sales, they were ok for me.

•••
Great Registrar, very happy

NameCheap is currently my favorite registrar. Although they are a reseller, they do it well. Their panel is easy to use and VERY functional, support is fast, domains at a fair price and overall they're just awesome. :D

•••
I don't use them as a new registrar, but have purchased many names that were already there... never had a problem.

•••
cvxdes said:
Members asking about my review:
First of, I had an account for a year or so, bought some names, pushed them, and so on. One day, someone pushed me some domains that were appearantly fraudulent - as a result they froze my account. I noticed this when I purchaced e85ethanol.net, and was logging in. I quicky emailed them, and received a responce 3 days later (after semi-daily emails to them.)
In their mail, they asked for my number, which I provided and was ignored for a week.
One week after that, they called at 9:00pm, when I was getting into bed. (I need to wake up early - what can I say?). They told me that I received a potentially fraudulent domain and they cant unsuspend my account till they sort their stuff out. Now, I have lost my account... luckily I sold my last one there 2 days before they locked the account. Anyways, it's still locked now... and I cant go around transfering every domain from NC to better registars, like Dynadot. Who, by the way, have prices $1.11 cheaper than namecheap, instant DNS updates and registration, and great support.. often within the hour. They also listen to suggestions. For example, I suggested for them to add a push feature rather than a pull one - it was added the next month.

If you have any questions about my review - post them.

NameCheap locked my account just a few hours after I registered and bought a domain from them. How stupid is that? They claimed I had too many log-in failures and now their fraud team locked the account. This claim is impossible and made-up since I only logged in once and that was to map the domain, also my username and password was pretty easy to remember. But before that problem, there seemed to be something wrong with their system because about 8 hours after I bought the domain, I made a WHOIS check to see if it was registered to my name. The result said "Domain is still available". I emailed their support and received a reply stating they are investigating the issue. After a while, they seem to have found the problem but the WhoIs registrar of my domain name is now Namecheap.com. I'm okay about that for the meantime, since I can change that when I log into my account right? So now, back to my present problem: my account is locked. I emailed frequently but received no satisfactory answers. Their customer representative is somewhat cheeky. They even have the gall to tell me to stop sending tickets with the same issue since it adds to the congestion. It has been a week now that they have locked my account.

Can someone please give me some advise on what to do? Does anyone know someone from namecheap.com here? please, please help.

•••
mitchwah said:
NameCheap locked my account just a few hours after I registered and bought a domain from them. How stupid is that? They claimed I had too many log-in failures and now their fraud team locked the account. This claim is impossible and made-up since I only logged in once and that was to map the domain, also my username and password was pretty easy to remember.
Perhaps it was somebody else trying to force your accoun then ?
mitchwah said:
But before that problem, there seemed to be something wrong with their system because about 8 hours after I bought the domain, I made a WHOIS check to see if it was registered to my name. The result said "Domain is still available".
Whois info is not real time, it can take 24 hours to update.
However if you search again for domain availability your domain should be marked as registered (they are doing live checks with the registry).
mitchwah said:
I emailed their support and received a reply stating they are investigating the issue. After a while, they seem to have found the problem but the WhoIs registrar of my domain name is now Namecheap.com. I'm okay about that for the meantime, since I can change that when I log into my account right? So now, back to my present problem: my account is locked. I emailed frequently but received no satisfactory answers. Their customer representative is somewhat cheeky. They even have the gall to tell me to stop sending tickets with the same issue since it adds to the congestion. It has been a week now that they have locked my account.

Can someone please give me some advise on what to do? Does anyone know someone from namecheap.com here? please, please help.
I would suggest sending a PM to member enetwork. He works at Namecheap.

•••
sdsinc said:
Perhaps it was somebody else trying to force your accoun then ?
Yes, maybe. Their reply made it sound as if its my fault and that I am kind of stupid to have caused this problem.

sdsinc said:
Whois info is not real time, it can take 24 hours to update.
However if you search again for domain availability your domain should be marked as registered (they are doing live checks with the registry).
Made some follow-up a few days after. Same Result. Anyhow, the domain are in NamesCheap's account now so that's okay. I only need to log-in to my account now.

sdsinc said:
I would suggest sending a PM to member enetwork. He works at Namecheap.

Thank you much. I will do that. And thanks for the effort to address my concerns.

•••
Great good domain registrar

Namecheap is one of the best domain registrar i used, low price and good customer support, lots of options...

•••
Review

The best registrar on the internet. I love it. Very easy to use and the price is just right.

•••
Review

Great value, great service, Simple updates and navigation. Just what I need, less chaos.

•••
Best registrar

They are the best registrar out there you can find. Their website works super fast and is stable like a rock. You can add funds to your account by paypal and then spend them instantly as you need them. This way you don't go to paypal everytime during checkout.

They don't require you to sign a pre-approved payment agreement for paypal unlike crappy godaddy. That agreement means they can take any amounth of money from your paypal (and therefore bank) account anytime for any reason without asking you.

Not many people know about it but their marketplace is integrated to their system at the maximum level. You can put a domain for sale within the same control panel where you change nameservers etc. I have sold more domains at namecheap marketplace then anywhere else. Also it is the fastest place to sell domains.

How fast can be a domain sale? The fastest would be if the buyer has the domain in his account immediately after checkout. This is exactly how namecheap works.

•••
Best registrar I ever had. Fast DNS updates, very easy menu and layout, tons of options, great support. You can not go wrong with these people.

Best registrar I ever had. Fast DNS updates, very easy menu and layout, tons of options, great support. You can not go wrong with these people.

•••
All I use is namecheap. It has a friendly user interface, a great marketplace, and a nice list of features that come with the domain for free! (whois, forwarding, email forwarding, etc..) I Highly recommend this registrar.

•••
Awesome

I use them for all my domains, never had a problem.

•••
Very good domain registrar. :)

Namecheap is a very good domain registrar. It has very nice features, it's easy to use, and good customer support.

•••
What's the fuss about Namecheap anyway?

I'm giving a new review of Namecheap based on my experience with them. I've had 2 emails not answered by them to date for the past 2 months...so I'm giving them a 2 for customer service. I just don't understand why people keep saying their customer service is so great. In total, I think 5-6 emails have never been replied to....going back over the past 1 year (out of a total of 10-12 emails I sent them).

Compare that to Godaddy (even though generic sounding) ...and thats a lot of difference. Just to be fair, for a brief period, Namecheap did reply back really fast (within a couple of hours), but now its same old support again.

That aside, everything else is ok -> to good. Interface is good. Features good. Price is not the best, but there is a free whois guard for the first year.

But, you know, a domain registrar or reseller that does NOT have a phone number and ONLY has an email HAS to make sure they answer their emails...and for that, they dont.

Not always, anyway.

[Edit] - Have been in contact with Jerry G, and hopefully, Namecheap support will in future, be the top notch support that it deserves to be.

Last edited:
•••
Namecheap is my favourite. It has been the best for me. No probs till date and have been using it for some years now. Support is good and when there is a really problem which they can't handle you can PM enetwork @ WHT. He definately tries to help.

Namecheap = Simple yet Feature Rich CP and FAST.

•••
Review

I've reviewed namecheap before, but I wanted to add that I just had a renewal coming up, and only had $8 in my namecheap account (the renewal fee was $8.88). I contacted customer support, and they sent a coupon code (for Gold members, which I am not) to bring the price down.
Great Service!

•••
Namecheap is very good.

I like namecheap lots, because t is the only place i go through! The prices are very expensive but it is extremly good for wanting to buy from other people.

i give it a 9/10

•••
yandig said:
I've reviewed namecheap before, but I wanted to add that I just had a renewal coming up, and only had $8 in my namecheap account (the renewal fee was $8.88). I contacted customer support, and they sent a coupon code (for Gold members, which I am not) to bring the price down.
Great Service!

Do you mean there are some other specila discounts in the Namecheap.com membership area? Can you clarify on this? The only discounts I know of can be found in google and give you a dollar discount.

•••
Most Horrible Never Buy

The most horrible registrar i have seen,
when i scanned it showed available, when i decided to buy it showed already registered, and it was gone 2 days back.
Their databases are more horrible, premium .tv domains are available.
In short i will say quit namecheap

•••
Review

:imho:

Last edited:
•••
Porte said:
Why, I wonder?
Why have you rated namecheap.com service that low?
it would be really interesting to hear, as generally they get higher rates.

And one more point, if or when this thread is over, some general chart on the level of namecheap.com services can be made. :imho:

•••
Individual experience reviews should be respected. This is My review ratings are based on my experience, and I gave 10/10 for interface, features, nearly exellent value, and overall rating above average which is actually good for a company. I do not have to give 10/10 blindly on everything. :xf.love:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back