Dynadot

Namecheap Expedited Transfers !

NameSilo
Watch

ulterios

The Bear is Sticky with HoneyTop Member
Impact
A while back there was a thread here with many members complaining that transfers out of Namecheap took too long. That is NOT the case anymore. I just had a transfer out of Namecheap last night that took less than 45 minutes. A Namecheap rep said that they made the change and this is the first transfer OUT of namecheap I have had since then.

It looks like the complaints were heard and acted on. This is great news for people selling domains that are using Namecheap as the registrar. It appears that they want to make sure us domain investors aren't using another registrar for the slow transfer times.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That is fantastic news. I have some names there and this will be nice. Thanks for sharing this with us :)

•••
That is fantastic news. I have some names there and this will be nice. Thanks for sharing this with us :)
You are most welcome.

Yes, this is fantastic news and I think it will help a lot of us domain investors in selling domains and getting them transferred to the buyers quickly. Lots of buyers are impatient and don't like the idea of waiting 5-7 days, so it's nice that Namecheap made this change.

•••
I was one of those complaining about waiting 5 days and so far for me tonight nothing has changed.

I initiated a transfer from namecheap to namesilo over 3 hours ago but so far domain status is still pendingTransfer.

btw - the recently updated namecheap FAQ still says it will take 5 days.

https://www.namecheap.com/support/k...ould-i-do-to-transfer-a-domain-from-namecheap
Updated
9/23/2015

After the transfer at the new registrar is initiated and the auth code is provided, the new registrar will send a transfer approval email to the Administrative email address listed in WHOIS. Once the transfer is approved, Namecheap has 5 days to release your domain(s) as per ICANN Transfer policy. Unfortunately, the release process cannot be sped up.

•••
I was one of those complaining about waiting 5 days and so far for me tonight nothing has changed.

I initiated a transfer from namecheap to namesilo over 3 hours ago but so far domain status is still pendingTransfer.
I just did another and it finished in just over an hour.

Did you check whois? Sometimes they take longer to remove the name from your Namecheap account than the actual transfer. The whois will say where the name is more accurately.

If it's not getting done quickly then there's something hanging it up. Did you go to the link in the transfer confirmation e-mail and click the "Accept" transfer option? If you didn't do that then it will take several days.

btw - the recently updated namecheap FAQ still says it will take 5 days.

https://www.namecheap.com/support/k...ould-i-do-to-transfer-a-domain-from-namecheap
Tha's actually NOT updated recently/yet. In this thread below a Namecheap rep said they made a change on Sept 24th so they haven't updated that info yet.

Here's the thread where the NC Reap stated the change:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/caution-stop-using-namecheap.879739/page-4

Posted on the 25th of Sep:
"That being said, as of yesterday, the 5 day waiting period has been removed from all transfers away from from Namecheap to 0 days."

EDIT: It was actually the CEO of Namecheap that made that post.

•••
Now 12 hours. Whois still shows pendingTransfer with Sponsoring Registrar: ENOM, INC, Last Updated by Registrar: NAMESILO, LLC.

There was no transfer confirmation email yet and I poured over my mail server logs to confirm none sent. If I recall correctly I remember it taking about 12 hours for the confirmation email last time.

I transferred other domains to Namesilo last night from godaddy with the entire process taking about an hour. So this is clearly Namecheap still holding things up as usual.

•••
Going on 18 hours and still pending. So clearly the policy has not changed or at least not for .us domains.

I remember it taking a couple days just for the email which they still have not sent.

The OP mentioned he spoke to a rep, who knows maybe they only do it if you talk to support. One should not have to waste their time with support for a simple transfer.

•••
Going on 18 hours and still pending. So clearly the policy has not changed or at least not for .us domains.

I remember it taking a couple days just for the email which they still have not sent.
My transfers were to Namesilo and took about 45 mins & 1 hour. Something is definitely wrong somewhere.

Here's how the process as far as emails went for my transfers:
First you will receive 1 of these from Namesilo:
"
Attention [email protected]:
Re: Transfer of xxxxx.net

NameSilo has received a request from XXX XXXXX on 2015-10-14 to become the new registrar of record.

You have received this message because you are listed as the Registered Name Holder or Administrative contact for these domain names in the WHOIS database.

Please read the following important information about transferring your domain names:

• You must agree to enter into a new Registration Agreement with us. You can review the full terms and conditions of the Agreement at http://www.namesilo.com/terms.php
    • Once you have entered into the Agreement, the transfers will take place within five (5) calendar days unless the current registrar of record denies the requests.
    • Once a transfer takes place, you will not be able to transfer to another registrar for 60 days, apart from a transfer back to the original registrar, in cases where both registrars so agree or where a decision in the dispute resolution process so directs.
If you WISH TO PROCEED with the transfers, you must respond to this message by using the following URL (note that if you do not respond by 2015-10-28, these domains will not be transferred to us). If the link does not work, please copy and paste the URL below into the address line of your browser:
http://www.namesilo.com/at/223435/223435458ee9703xxxxxxx
YOU MUST CLICK THIS LINK TO CONTINUE THE TRANSFER PROCESS.

If you DO NOT WANT the transfers to proceed, then don't respond to this message.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact [email protected]."

After you go to the link & confirm, Then this email will come:
"
The current Administrative contact ([email protected]) for nicheapex.net has approved your transfer request. For your records, the IP address of the person who accepted the request was xxx.x.xxx.xx.

We will continue the transfer process by automatically submitting the transfer request to the central registry. This will begin a 5-6 day waiting period in which your current registrar can decline your transfer request, approve the request, or simply do nothing. In the event they do nothing, it will be considered to be approved and we will continue with the process. If your current registrar allows approving outbound transfers, you should be able to do so at this time. This would result in the transfer completing within just a few minutes. You can read more about this potential option at the bottom of our Domain Transfer Checklist and Process page.

We will notify you and keep your transfer manager current with any updates."

Then this email will come:
"
We have successfully submitted your transfer request for nicheapex.net to the central registry, however, it would appear that this domain is using your current registrar, namecheap, for its DNS services. This could result in problems once the domain is transferred since they will probably stop providing DNS services upon transfer completion. We make a number of different options available, including DNS control, for incoming domain transfers. We would encourage you to select the option that makes the most sense for you by logging into your account and visiting the Transfer Manager page. Please disregard this message if you are making other plans related to the DNS for nicheapex.net, or if this is not a domain that you are currently actively using. "

Then this email from Namecheap will come:
"
DOMAIN NAME TRANSFER - Confirmation of Registrar Transfer Request

Attention: xxxx xxxxx
Re: Transfer of xxxxxx.net

Namecheap.com received notification on Oct 15 2015 that a request to transfer a domain name to another registrar has been initiated. If you want to proceed with this transfer, you do not need to respond to this message. If you wish to cancel the transfer, please respond to this message before Oct 20 2015 by using the following URL:

http://transfer-approval.com/t.asp?id=ED7049CF-F269-4589-B881-E2BD21D7AFA5

If we do not hear from you by Oct 20 2015 5:51AM, the transfer will proceed.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact [email protected].

Then after you go to that link Namecheap sent and click the Approve transfer action, you will get this email from Namesilo:
"xxxxxx.net has completed transferring! The registrar you are leaving has approved the transfer request. The domain has been successfully transferred and should now be available in your Domain Manager!"

Then the transfer is done. It worked fast and flawless both times. If you didn't get the emails the same way then something is wrong. First you must approve the transfer through the Namesilo email link, then through Namecheap's. Did you get the transfer approval email from namesilo? If not then contact them. If you did and approved it but didn't get the Namecheap approval email then contact them. Something is not right somewhere. Either you forgot something, the contact email in whois is not the one you checked, their is an issue with the domain or there is an issue at namesilo or Namecheap.

The OP mentioned he spoke to a rep, who knows maybe they only do it if you talk to support. One should not have to waste their time with support for a simple transfer.
I am the OP and I never said I spoke to a Namecheap rep. I said that a Namecheap rep posted on that other thread about the change of their transfers. I didn't contact support at Namecheap for anything and this was done all through the CP's and emails.

•••
This was the last email I received from Namesilo. Nothing back yet from Namecheap.
The current Administrative contact (xxxx@xxxx for [redacted domain].us has approved your transfer request. For your records, the IP address of the person who accepted the request was xx.xxx.xxx.xx.

We will continue the transfer process by automatically submitting the transfer request to the central registry. This will begin a 5-6 day waiting period in which your current registrar can decline your transfer request, approve the request, or simply do nothing. In the event they do nothing, it will be considered to be approved and we will continue with the process. If your current registrar allows approving outbound transfers, you should be able to do so at this time. This would result in the transfer completing within just a few minutes. You can read more about this potential option at the bottom of our Domain Transfer Checklist and Process page.

We will notify you and keep your transfer manager current with any updates.

I transferred another domain to Namesilo from Godaddy around the same time and it took about an hour. For me it has always been like this with Namecheap. I expect to get the Namecheap approval email in a couple days then I will have to wait 3 more days until it transfers.

Namesilo transfer status.
Pending at Registry
Your transfer request is pending at the central registry. The registrar you are transferring away from has 5 days to cancel the request, or else it will proceed. Some registrars allow expediting outbound transfers by manually approving the transfer request from within your account. You may try logging into your account at the registrar you are leaving, or asking them if this is an option for you. Your current registrar has until 2015-10-20 16:45:28 to reject the transfer. If they do not reject the transfer, it will complete within 48 hours of this date and time. There is unfortunately nothing we can do to expedite this process. You can read more concerning the timing of transfer completions by clicking the Help icon on the top of this page.

Too bad there is no way to manually approve-expedite the transfer request in Namecheap account manager like you can with Godaddy.

•••
This was the last email I received from Namesilo. Nothing back yet from Namecheap.

I transferred another domain to Namesilo from Godaddy around the same time and it took about an hour. For me it has always been like this with Namecheap. I expect to get the Namecheap approval email in a couple days then I will have to wait 3 more days until it transfers.
After you received that email from Namesilo you should have gotten this from Namesilo:

"We have successfully submitted your transfer request for xxxxxx.net to the central registry, however, it would appear that this domain is using your current registrar, namecheap, for its DNS services. This could result in problems once the domain is transferred since they will probably stop providing DNS services upon transfer completion. We make a number of different options available, including DNS control, for incoming domain transfers. We would encourage you to select the option that makes the most sense for you by logging into your account and visiting the Transfer Manager page. Please disregard this message if you are making other plans related to the DNS for nicheapex.net, or if this is not a domain that you are currently actively using."

I would contact Namesilo support then, because you should have gotten the emails in the same order I got them both times. There has to be something up. Even before Namecheap changed to the expedited transfers the confirmation email used to come quickly, even though the completion of the transfer took several days.

Too bad there is no way to manually approve-expedite the transfer request in Namecheap account manager like you can with Godaddy.
Yes, this would actually be a good feature to have. I think that when they were designing their new CP they didn't know about the change that would be made to the transfer speed so they didn't take that into consideration. It would be nice to have it added. Maybe there is somewhere to give Namecheap feedback on their new CP and we can tell them about this need. I am sure their customers would love it if they could add it.

•••
No, I would not receive that email since I am not using Namecheaps DNS servers. Namesilo's part in this stage of the transfer is complete as described by their last email. The transfer is in the hands of Namecheap at this point and they are still adhering to the 5 day rule. But thanks anyway.

•••
No, I would not receive that email since I am not using Namecheaps DNS servers. Namesilo's part in this stage of the transfer is complete as described by their last email. The transfer is in the hands of Namecheap at this point and they are still adhering to the 5 day rule. But thanks anyway.
That last email I posted was sent to me from Namesilo and not Namecheap, which is why I think there might be a possible issue with them. Either way, you case is unusual and not following the normal transfer process, either how it is now or how it was before the change. Something is going on there that's holding it up.

Maybe we can get @enetwork to ring in and help out. He's the Namecheap CEO who made the statement and the change.

•••
That last email I posted was sent to me from Namesilo and not Namecheap, which is why I think there might be a possible issue with them. Either way, you case is unusual and not following the normal transfer process, either how it is now or how it was before the change. Something is going on there that's holding it up.

Maybe we can get @enetwork to ring in and help out. He's the Namecheap CEO who made the statement and the change.

It is not unusual, this is the way Namecheap has operated for years, nothing has changed. 5 day waiting period and 2 days before they even send the transfer approval email.

Maybe in your case the restriction was lifted for .com domain names. This however is a .us transfer.

•••
I asked namecheap about the CEO changing the transfer policy.
I thought the CEO of Namecheap changed the policy to make expedited transfers automatic without the 5 day waiting period?

I initiated a transfer out of xxxxxxxx.us to namesilo.com on Thursday yet the status is still pendingTransfer.

This was the response I received.
After transfer is confirmed by transfer approval email from the gaining registrar, the losing registrar has 5 days to release the domain name from the system. This process is fully automatic and no actions are needed on this stage.

As we can see in public Whois, the domain name has status 'Pending transfer' since the 15th of October 2015. Per your request we have sped up the transfer process by sending the Transfer Approval email to the administrative address applied to your domain (xxx@xxxxxx). Please proceed with transfer by clicking the confirmation link in the email.

They did send the transfer email after my support request and I clicked yes. The domain transferred two minutes later. At least support promptly handled the expedite request. It would however appear it is not yet an automatic policy.

•••
I asked namecheap about the CEO changing the transfer policy.

This was the response I received.

They did send the transfer email after my support request and I clicked yes. The domain transferred two minutes later. At least support promptly handled the expedite request. It would however appear it is not yet an automatic policy.
Their support isn't always up-to-date with the new changes which is why they gave that information. That is a blanket statement (Word for word) that a lot of registrars use. The CEO wouldn't have posted it if the policy wasn't in place. It might just be that everyone doesn't know about it yet since the other policy has been in place for so long.

It it automatic and I have confirmed that this morning through some other domain investors who made transfers recently. It seems like yours had some other issue that caused the problem. I don't know all the circumstances and details of your domain so there might have been something that held it up. You said you didn't use their DNS, so maybe that had something to do with it. I highly doubt it, but anything is possible.

Yours is the only case I have heard of having issues since they made the change. Not to say there aren't others, but this is the first I have seen or heard of it.

•••
Their support isn't always up-to-date with the new changes which is why they gave that information. That is a blanket statement (Word for word) that a lot of registrars use. The CEO wouldn't have posted it if the policy wasn't in place. It might just be that everyone doesn't know about it yet since the other policy has been in place for so long.

It it automatic and I have confirmed that this morning through some other domain investors who made transfers recently. It seems like yours had some other issue that caused the problem. I don't know all the circumstances and details of your domain so there might have been something that held it up. You said you didn't use their DNS, so maybe that had something to do with it. I highly doubt it, but anything is possible.

Yours is the only case I have heard of having issues since they made the change. Not to say there aren't others, but this is the first I have seen or heard of it.

I was pretty clear and for 3rd time now there was no issue with my domain. I even posted the quote that came directly from support showing there was no issue. Like support said it takes 5 days and it was only due to my request that it was expedited.

Any transfer out I have ever made from them it took 5 days and 12 to 72 hours just to receive the approval email. It appears now that they will expedite if you contact them.

It could be that since you are communicating with the CEO here that your account is set to automatic expedite.

•••
Anyone have a Registrar recommendation for Bulk transfers? I have about 50-75 domains I need out of 1&1 soon, but on a budget,I dont care currently about best hosting/this or that. Godaddy is like $7.50ish each I think?

•••
I was pretty clear and for 3rd time now there was no issue with my domain. I even posted the quote that came directly from support showing there was no issue. Like support said it takes 5 days and it was only due to my request that it was expedited.

Any transfer out I have ever made from them it took 5 days and 12 to 72 hours just to receive the approval email. It appears now that they will expedite if you contact them.
As I stated in my response, that is their default response and it is at many registrars.

Expedited transfers are automatic for everyone as stated by Namecheap in the thread I posted previously. No need to contact them. It has worked for many and you are the only one that has had any problems so far.

I never said there was a issue with your domain, but since I don't know everything about it I don't know if there was or not. Since you are the first to report this issue, there is something going on there that others aren't having a problem with.

It could be that since you are communicating with the CEO here that your account is set to automatic expedite.
When did I say I was in communication with the CEO? I never said anything like that, just that I posted his response on another thread and that reply was not to me. I have never communicated with him in any way, nor have I stated I have or had. I have never posted a reply to him, nor has he to me. My account is not set for automatic expedites, that's just Namecheap's new policy since the end of September. I have never spoke to them ever about any transfers.

•••
Anyone have a Registrar recommendation for Bulk transfers? I have about 50-75 domains I need out of 1&1 soon, but on a budget,I dont care currently about best hosting/this or that. Godaddy is like $7.50ish each I think?
Well first off I would like to wish you luck in getting those away from 1&1 easily, they are known to be problematic.

GoDaddy's regular transfer rate is $7.99 but not sure what kind of discounts if any they will give for that many transfers. I have heard that Uniregistry gives bulk discounts, but don't know what the price is. I also believe that Namesilo gives discounts for bulk as well but not sure on the rates. It would probably be best to post a separate thread about this so that more people will see it and might be able to help.

Wish I could help you more.

•••
Yeah ive had a few transfers out of 1and1 here and there that went fine..but in bulk they might be different seeing how they wont get their "14.99 for year 2".
Thank you though. Probably stick to godaddy then.

•••
Yeah ive had a few transfers out of 1and1 here and there that went fine..but in bulk they might be different seeing how they wont get their "14.99 for year 2".
Thank you though. Probably stick to godaddy then.
You are most welcome.

Not everyone has troubles with transferring away from 1&1, but so many do that most domain investors stay away from them. Also make sure that you completely cancel the auto-renew, even if you didn't sign up for it. They bill many people for things long after they are gone as well.

Good luck. :)

•••
You are most welcome.

Not everyone has troubles with transferring away from 1&1, but so many do that most domain investors stay away from them. Also make sure that you completely cancel the auto-renew, even if you didn't sign up for it. They bill many people for things long after they are gone as well.

Good luck. :)
Definitely Yeah ive heard some horror Stories since beginning domaining in late march. Their load time is Horrible amd have toanually change each Fing Domains DNS manually can become hours of work when setting up sales pages or changing parking companies. As a newbie i changed from Parking crew to voodoo to bodis to flippa salespages constantly wasteing days and weeks of valueable time..where as godaddy etc is Bulk Editable. 3 mins and done. 5 mins doesnt evem load 1 Domain in 1and1 most the time.

•••
Definitely Yeah ive heard some horror Stories since beginning domaining in late march. Their load time is Horrible amd have toanually change each Fing Domains DNS manually can become hours of work when setting up sales pages or changing parking companies. As a newbie i changed from Parking crew to voodoo to bodis to flippa salespages constantly wasteing days and weeks of valueable time..where as godaddy etc is Bulk Editable. 3 mins and done. 5 mins doesnt evem load 1 Domain in 1and1 most the time.
Many new domainers start out there because of their cheap promos, then find out later it wasn't worth it.

Yeah, that's one thing that most domainers don't have an excess of, Time! So if you have to spend hours doing some changes like that it's basically lost money or at the very least, lost research and/or marketing time. Sometimes time can be just as valuable as a coupon code. ;)

•••
Heads-up for anyone that wants to transfer away from Namecheap. Here was today's transfer times:

Namecheap transfer to NameSilo started at 4:37pm my time.

Namecheap transfer to NameSilo completed at 5:30pm my time.

Less than 1 hour to transfer out again. Their expedited transfers are great.

This was from a second Namecheap account of mine.

•••
Err.. did you have to click on the link to expedite it yesterday? The one I received today doesn't have a link. Is it automatic?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back