Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact

Attachments

• all_domains.csv
    8.6 MB · Views: 275
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The other day some girl in TV said that the planet Earth is not round, and there is no proof that its round. Its flat. He was not joking. He really belived it.

After that i am pretty sure that there are a lot stupid or even idiots in this Planet. And we should ban weed
Where do these girls hang out lol? They sound hot. Link me!

•••
I do not wish anything I just see people wishing Mann not being profitable and twisting his statements to make it seem this is the case. Also what I do not understand is that Mann is probably one of the most experienced domainers still active so if you are right:

why is he buying money losing domains then? What does he have to gain from lying to other domainers? It is not that they buy much if anything from him.

Also Hugedomains is one of these domain hoarders losing tons of money just to play the domain game?

if he makes $800 per sale and the average reported sale is above $1000 obviously he is not reporting low sales.
I commend you for remaining civil and not attacking xy, lol. Xy likes to argue with people even when he's clearly proven wrong.

I went through the last two pages of your debate and at first I took xy's side. But then I saw that you had the direct quote and xy couldn't admit he got the 200k quote wrong. So I started taking your side.

But I still think xy has a good point -- mann lies about his sales. Adropofthehat never sold.

•••
The other day some girl in TV said that the planet Earth is not round, and there is no proof that its round. Its flat. He was not joking. He really belived it.

After that i am pretty sure that there are a lot stupid or even idiots in this Planet. And we should ban weed

Find video by Kyrie Irving, an NBA superstar, who also does not believe the Earth is round )

Any person with simple logic would understand the following sequence of facts:

1. Mike Mann reports only some of his sales and normally does not disclose smaller ones
2. The monthly totals from the quoted article were for reported sales
3. Mike Mann called the month his best ever and while the sum of reported ones was about quarter a million, we don't know how much he made from unreported ones
4. If he stated earlier that he was making around 400K even when he had smaller portfolio, and the specified month was best ever, one must conclude that the total for the month was: quarter a mil for reported ones and considerably over $400K for reported+unreported.
5. He reports about 20-30 sales a month normally, and for a year that only makes about 0.1% of his total portfolio. It would be safe to assume that he does not report at least 5 times of that number in smaller sales. 100-150 names at around $2K adds another $200-300K that, again, brings us to total of over $400K and closer to half a mil per month.

But this guy just chooses to take phrases and statements out of context, alleges that Mike Mann reported all his sales for the month and since he also said that was his best, further concludes that he operates with a loss.

At this point, I am not sure if he really lacks logic or just chooses to antagonize and create a buzz around his persona.

Last edited:
•••
:xf.cool:

All statements came from MM, claiming 400K sales in 2012, claiming 233K sales in 2017, claiming that the 233K was his best ever, and the claim that he sold atadropofahat for $20K. They can't all be true.

•••
But you are lying when you say that MM claimed 233K was his best ever. He claimed that a) the MONTH (not the 233K) was his best ever; b) he reported sales worth 233K, but MONTH also includes unreported ones

•••
I guess Mann must be hawking NP, because now atadropofahat redirects to a Tumblr page, compared to the sales landing page I saw the last time I checked it last month.

•••
I guess Mann must be hawking NP, because now atadropofahat redirects to a Tumblr page, compared to the sales landing page I saw the last time I checked it last month.

Don't know if he is lying or not. Don't really care. My point is that if we use his statements as starting points, the conclusions are as above.

If we ignore his statements, then we can rely on the following facts:

a) he has resources to amass 300K names, pay around $3MM a year in renewals and overhead
b) he either makes a profit or counts to make a profit when he sells the portfolio in the future

Read this post from the thread on this:

He didn't explicitly state that it was his best month by total revenue received. It read more to me like 5 x 5 figures sales was a first, led him to declare it to be his best month ever. He doesn't implicitly state anything like "$300k is the most I've ever made in a month".

But lets assume that you are correct, and that for 10 years he has been spending $2.5m a year maintaining a portfolio which generates a loss of about $1m a year.... (I doubt it, but lets do it that way for arguments sake)....

... why does it matter to you? Its his money isn't it? And perhaps you have a poor understanding of business in general. A business can generate a loss on the balance sheet whilst being worth a lot of money on paper. What if Mike Mann ran his domain portfolio at a $1m per year loss, for 15 years, but then sold all domain assets for $50m? He'd be making a $35m profit then wouldn't he?

Twitter has never made a profit. That doesn't mean that twitter is worth $0, it has a market cap of $18bn.

Domains are an asset class. So perhaps Mike Mann could generate a greater profit if he priced his domains more reasonably and generated cash flow, but then he'd be losing assets (domains). It actually makes more sense for somebody who is cash rich and doesn't need to draw on the business to concentrate on book value / asset value, especially if he wants to 'exit' again.

He could 'turn on' the sales by pricing competitively to generate a black line at the bottom of his P&L, and sell a year later. He doesn't have shareholders who expect dividends each year, and he doesn't need the salary, so this is why I question whether you understand business. You seem to think he should be liquidating assets faster and drawing profit out of the business annually, but he has already demonstrated once to the world that the money is to be made in selling the assets in one go.

Perhaps he is doing exactly what he did last time, and that worked out pretty well for him. You have your way of doing things, but you haven't sold a domain portfolio for $80m have you... when BuyDomains was sold, they weren't purchasing based on 10 years of P&L, they were purchasing on what they thought the value of its assets were.

There is a 2012 article on thedomains.com which reported a YTD revenue of $526k (for first two months) from 659 domain sales in two months. So $526k x 6 = $3.156m.

He had around 300k domains at the time, for renewal fees of around $2.5m. So that would be a slim profit based on those types of numbers. If you can call circa-$600k 'slim'.

https://www.thedomains.com/2012/03/...ls-almost-300000-in-domain-names-in-february/

What you are also not considering in this equation is that footer links on his website pages which lead to SEO.com and Phone.com..... how much do you think two banner ads at the bottom of 300,000 different domains is worth? Probably easily enough to justify the type of losses you are talking about.... I wonder how much business that generates for those two other businesses of his?

Perhaps you are missing the picture there. What if his domain portfolio costs him $1m a year, but drives $10m worth of business to phone.com?

Nothing is ever black and white, but I think we can all be pretty certain that Mike Mann is too shrewd to have spent 10 years setting fire to his money, you aren't thinking outside of the box enough. He's probably a genius....

..... may lose $1m a year on his domain portfolio (may), but it could be the cheapest form of advertising he could find for the SEO and Phone niche (go and look at the cost of acquisition via adwords for those niches!).

If a domain costs $9 to renew, but each drives an average of 3 clicks to seo.com or phone.com.... it has paid for itself in customer acquisition value alone compared with cost of acquiring that same customer from adsense or linkedin.

•••
Person B did better, I have a College degree that I worked on for almost 17 years.
But how is it connected to Mike Mann and how much he is making?
And do you have a college degree?

Surprised you missed my point there. What I meant was that because someone posts about $xxx,xxx in sales, doesn't mean that is how much profit they made.

I have a couple of diplomas and a bachelor's from a University. Not really sure what my education has to do with all of this?

Last edited:
•••
But you are lying when you say that MM claimed 233K was his best ever. He claimed that a) the MONTH (not the 233K) was his best ever; b) he reported sales worth 233K, but MONTH also includes unreported ones
I guess if you keep saying things enough times, you might even believe them, but all of the reported sales were from Mike Mann himself.

Mike Mann reported sales 2017:
all as reported by himself via
https://www.facebook.com/mike.mann.564

March 2017, $233K
(the one he reported as his best month in 20 years)
fxwl5l.jpg

https://onlinedomain.com/2017/04/11...month-ever-propertyphotos-com-ukcannabis-com/

May 2017, $75K
http://www.topwebdomainname.com/2017/06/mike-mann-sells-13-domains-in-may.html

June 2017, $174K
https://www.topleveldomainnews.com/mike-mann-sells-13-domains-in-june-komorebi-com-hybrid-co/

July 2017, $214K
https://onlinedomain.com/2017/08/24...ls-13-domains-july-214716-10-sales-5-figures/

August 2017, $124K
https://onlinedomain.com/2017/09/25...-domains-august-124188-buys-linkedtin-com-10/

November 2017, $171K
https://onlinedomain.com/2017/12/15...r-171164-clann-com-bitop-com-maistro-com-etc/

Even the ones I bothered to look up, extrapolating for a 12 month year, cannot add up to $2.4M The six months I found that he reported, add up to only $991K - shy of a million even. Times two assuming the other six were as good, we're still at $1.8M

If you'd care to go to his Facebook feed and scroll through a thousand and one posts (very verbose, constantly posting after the fact posts about how right he was about this or that), you'll find all the direct FB posts he made for his sales. The $233K reported sales for March 2017, was a result of a MM Facebook post, as were all of these reported monthly sales directly reported by the MM himself.

Last edited:
•••
Back to square one. He says it is his best month, we established that. Where does he say that his total for the month is $233K?

On purpose or not, you choose to ignore that the amount does not include the unreported sales. You also seem to assume MM reports EVERY sale. You also choose to ignore that his average per domain that have been mentioned few times is much lower than the average per reported name, indicating that he has lots of unreported sales each month.

•••
Read the post #234, he reported it, it meaning the sales numbers and the statement that this was his best month in twenty years, himself via Facebook / Twitter / etc. i.e. his own feed.

At this point you're just jumping up and down with nothing to say.

We may assume a great deal of things, I'll concede that, but what we do know is that he reported the $233K for March 2017 himself.

And looking at the other months he reported, the ones I bothered to look up, extrapolating for 12 months they fall far shy of $2.4M for 2017. The six months I found that he reported, add up to only $991K - shy of a million even. Times two assuming the other six were as good, we're still at $1.8M

Last edited:
•••
xynames, what the article is trying to say is that Mike Mann publicly reported 27 individual domain sales throughout the course of that calender month.... he didn't say "I sold 27 domains this month".

He has said previously that his average sale price is a little bit under $1000 and figures released which I have already linked to showed about 300 sales per month, which would be 3600 a year.... so 1.2% a year churn, which is typical for an investor who doesn't do outbound sales.

Clearly he isn't going to skype call Ron Jackson to report every one of the $500 sales he makes to tick over.... I'm not sure if you are being stubborn now or just a bit dim, but I'd give up now.

When a big domainer makes a good sale they want people to hear about it, they email Ron Jackson, tell Raymond Hackney etc, brag about it on their whatsapp group or whatever.... that's what he did 27 times in one month, that's what the article means by "reported".

It doesn't mean that Mike Mann sends everybody a 300 row spreadsheet every month showing them that he sold mediocreplumbersouthlosangeles.com for $250..... Ron Jackson and the rest of the world isn't interested in that one.

He reported 27 domain sales which had a total value of $233,540.

The other 255(ish) sales that he would have had of $500, $800, $1000, $1500.... those weren't noteworthy or newsworthy so weren't added up by the various bloggers... he isn't opening up his books to anybody.

Do you get it now?

Last edited:
•••
All we have is what he posts himself. When he posts "I sold x amount of domains last month" on his Facebook, we may either accept that, especially knowing what kind of grandstander he is, or out of the blue come in with unsubstantiated theories that this must not be all he sold.

Given that he lies about completed sales such as atthedropofahat, I'd find it more likely that he reports more than he sold, than less. Looking over his Facebook feed and the sort of things he posts, I'd find it very hard to believe that he would under report.

The six months I found that he reported, add up to only $991K - shy of a million even. Times two assuming the other six were as good, we're still at $1.8M

Last edited:
•••
Back to square one. He says it is his best month, we established that. Where does he say that his total for the month is $233K?

On purpose or not, you choose to ignore that the amount does not include the unreported sales. You also seem to assume MM reports EVERY sale. You also choose to ignore that his average per domain that have been mentioned few times is much lower than the average per reported name, indicating that he has lots of unreported sales each month.

facts suggesting Mann is losing money:

He has tons of crappy names
He pays 2.5 million in renewals each year
His reported sales do not cover renewals

facts suggesting Mann is making money:

His average reported sales value is below the average value for his reported sales suggesting he does not report everything
He never claimed he reports all sales
He reported making 400k a month
He is spending years hoarding hundreds of thousands of domains
He claims he is doing well

•••
Some of the above are facts. Many are subjective opinion or hearsay.

The six months I found that he reported, add up to only $991K - shy of a million even. Times two assuming the other six were as good, we're still at $1.8M

•••
All we have is what he posts himself. When he posts "I sold x amount of domains last month" on his Facebook

Screenshot please? Proof he stated his monthly sales figure?

Still... if you think he sold $1.8m worth of domains, and has a shortfall of $700k as a result.... then refer back to my previous post, about the value of banners on 300,000 domains vs the cost of Adsense ads for the phone and seo niche, and $700k is cheap advertising.

And like I've already said.... $700k a year loss for 10 years is only $7 million..... what's his profit if he now sells his portfolio for $50m? Which is just $166 per domain?

•••
I linked to the articles that report his sales.

If you'd care to scroll through thousands of his Facebook posts be my guest.

I already know the answer here, and the proof will be that he will downsize his domains.

The argument here is becoming from a few people who are saying "I think this" and "I think that" versus six months of reported sales that state that they report based on Mike Mann's own reports. The six months I found that he reported, add up to only $991K - shy of a million even. Times two assuming the other six were as good, we're still at $1.8M

We'll have to just agree to disagree then. But I am certain that MM will dump many of those names soon, and that will be indicative of that they were not worth keeping.

By the way, from:
https://dsad.com/mean-industry-closed-new-domainers/
Mike Mann isn’t helping anything with his frequent posts of “look what I sold and I only paid $XX. What is never made public is costs of all the other names that don’t sell and acquisition costs. Because that would reveal too much about the real business of domain investing. Showing that you are losing money isn’t good for business. And he may be killing it but I’m going with he’s losing money until proven otherwise.

Last edited:
•••
If I were Mike Mann and saw this thread, I'd sit back, cross my arms, and feel like Satoshi nakamoto

•••
it is not difficult to disprove what you said. If look at his reported sales you will see that many of his really crappy names, the lowest price ones are never found in the sales reports.

Either they never ever sell. Unlikely since he has many or he is not reporting them. Why should he include $xxx sales?

He is not including $xxx sales simply because they suck and no one wants to hear about $xxx sales.

I linked to the articles that report his sales.

If you'd care to scroll through thousands of his Facebook posts be my guest.

I already know the answer here, and the proof will be that he will downsize his domains.

The argument here is becoming from a few people who are saying "I think this" and "I think that" versus six months of reported sales that state that they report based on Mike Mann's own reports. The six months I found that he reported, add up to only $991K - shy of a million even. Times two assuming the other six were as good, we're still at $1.8M

We'll have to just agree to disagree then. But I am certain that MM will dump many of those names soon, and that will be indicative of that they were not worth keeping.

•••
I am certain that MM will dump many of those names soon, and that will be indicative of that they were not worth keeping.

•••
Xynames you lose your own arguments with your own links. Take this article for example, which you linked:

https://onlinedomain.com/2017/12/15...r-171164-clann-com-bitop-com-maistro-com-etc/

Starts with:

"Mike Mann reported selling 9 domain names in November for a total of $171,164. Prices started at $2,888 and went up to $39,000.

Mike made the following tweet on November 13: “Sold 15 premium .Com so far today, mostly too cheap, one for $4888”.

He reported 9 as in he actually disclosed the actual sales, the actual domains + price.

But evidently only does this with a fraction of them, because on one day of that month he sold 15 domains.

The 9 reported domains are listed at the bottom the article. This is what people are trying to tell you, these are individuals sales that he has reported as a brag. It doesn't include hundreds of other bog standard sales, the type that you and me can make.

You are making yourself look a little bit dim by pretending to not understand this, and very dim by proving yourself wrong with each post.

•••
Xynames you lose your own arguments with your own links. Take this article for example, which you linked:

Starts with:

"Mike Mann reported selling 9 domain names in November for a total of $171,164. Prices started at $2,888 and went up to $39,000.

Mike made the following tweet on November 13: “Sold 15 premium .Com so far today, mostly too cheap, one for $4888”.

He reported 9 as in he actually disclosed the actual sales, the actual domains + price.

But evidently only does this with a fraction of them, because on one day of that month he sold 15 domains.

The 9 reported domains are listed at the bottom the article. This is what people are trying to tell you, these are individuals sales that he has reported as a brag. It doesn't include hundreds of other bog standard sales, the type that you and me can make.

You are making yourself look a little bit dim by pretending to not understand this, and very dim by proving yourself wrong with each post.

if Mann is close to breakeven point with his reported sales and selling several domains a day in addition it to this, it sounds like he is running a highly profitable domain business..

Maybe he would be able to sell his portfolio to Godaddy for 8 figures.

Last edited:
•••
Well one sure way to tell is if you see if Mike Mann is living in a huge Bill Gates-like mansion lol.

I think a big part of his success is his reputation. He's able to quasi-strong-arm potential buyers because they'll be intimidated by the breadth of his business.

It's like if apple or Microsoft tried to personally sell you Z38Jinzz.com. I would probably feel like the domain is worth a lot more than what I had previously thought it was worth ($0).

•••
A big part of this argument in this thread is that MM brings hope to people with crappy portfolios. I’d imagine that anyone in this thread who can’t see that there is no way such a portfolio could be profitable has a similarly crappy domain portfolio himself and must hope that if MM may survive with crap so may he. Any experienced domainer looking over the MM portfolio knows it couldn’t be supporting itself.

That other blog I posted above
https://dsad.com/mean-industry-closed-new-domainers/
Mike Mann isn’t helping anything with his frequent posts of “look what I sold and I only paid $XX. What is never made public is costs of all the other names that don’t sell and acquisition costs. Because that would reveal too much about the real business of domain investing. Showing that you are losing money isn’t good for business. And he may be killing it but I’m going with he’s losing money until proven otherwise.

states the same.

By the way, I found another two reported months, September 2017, $136,502. and October 2017, $83,388. so we now have 8 reported months:

Mike Mann reported sales 2017
all as reported by himself via
https://www.facebook.com/mike.mann.564

March 2017, $233K
(the one he reported as his best month in 20 years)
https://onlinedomain.com/2017/04/11...month-ever-propertyphotos-com-ukcannabis-com/

May 2017, $75K
http://www.topwebdomainname.com/2017/06/mike-mann-sells-13-domains-in-may.html

June 2017, $174K
https://www.topleveldomainnews.com/mike-mann-sells-13-domains-in-june-komorebi-com-hybrid-co/

July 2017, $214K
https://onlinedomain.com/2017/08/24...ls-13-domains-july-214716-10-sales-5-figures/

August 2017, $124K
https://onlinedomain.com/2017/09/25...-domains-august-124188-buys-linkedtin-com-10/

September 2017, $136K
https://onlinedomain.com/2017/10/24...eptember-136502-koniku-com-antipollution-com/

October 2017, $83K
https://onlinedomain.com/2017/11/13...ober-83388-highgrade-com-cooldomains-com-etc/

November 2017, $171K

So with 8/12 months reporting $1.2M only, it is statistically impossible for the total for the 12 months to reach double that, even if the remaining 4 months were similar, we'd expect total gross sales for the year to be $1.8M and this doesn't even include the commissions he must be paying his "team of brokers" who wouldn't be working for him for less than 20%, which means net sales estimated at only $1.44M for all of the 2017 year.

Another sign of desperation and strain is that earlier this year in June 2017, MM declared that the way to go was to remove BIN prices.
“I removed the prices from 150,000 premium .Com domains which is lowering sales significantly, but generating huge numbers of price requests; ie, a big pipeline. The price quotes and sales prices are going way up on average and we are adding about 200 new domains per day; so the sales slope should rise precipitously soon.”
https://onlinedomain.com/2017/06/19/domain-name-news/mike-mann-removes-bin-prices-150000-domains/

Of course apparently this didn't work out, which was what prompted this thread,
https://twitter.com/mikemanndotcom/status/937365670982926337
All of my 300,000 domains for sale, in Excel with prices

After this, MM declared the move from Tucows to GoDaddy
https://onlinedomain.com/2017/12/08...mann-move-300000-domain-names-tucows-godaddy/
trying to tap into premium marketplaces (and their 20% commissions), since obviously his own sales are not sustaining the portfolio,
which prompted this comment:
I am sure he is just breaking even in renewals, and repurchases, one step forward, two steps back kind of deal.

Trouble in paradise and more desperation to try and move this juggernaut of crap.

Last edited:
•••
I can only conclude that you are either the most stubborn person alive, and that's why you can't admit that you are wrong, or that you are a few brain cells short of a full brain.

That massive wall of text does nothing to counter what I've just shown you quite clearly....

Capture.PNG

He sells about 300 domains a month.

As for his portfolio, he has a lot of highly speculative long string domains but he also has a lot of genuine premium domains too.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back