Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact

Attachments

• all_domains.csv
    8.6 MB · Views: 274
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
no he did not say this, i think he reported various sales totaling 200k and stated it was his best month ever.

he did not say 200k was my best month ever. Basically the blogs reported it that way which could be misinterpreted but Mann never reports all sales especially low value sales.

The best month ever and the reporting were seperate.

Source?

Of course if this were true then why would he claim that his $200k revenue month of March 2017, was his best ever.

•••
He did report it as his best month ever:
https://onlinedomain.com/2017/04/11...month-ever-propertyphotos-com-ukcannabis-com/
Mike Mann reported that he had his best month ever selling domain names. He reported selling 27 domain names in March 2017 for a total of $233,540. Mike had 7 5-figure sales.

Mike Mann said: “Ive been selling domains for 20 years. This is the best month yet.”

He explicitly states that $233K was his best month ever.

DomainGist, thanks for your well thought out post. It actually brings a couple questions to mind.

https://www.thedomains.com/2012/03/...ls-almost-300000-in-domain-names-in-february/
He started Domain Asset Holdings from scratch at the time most thought all the good domains were gone, accumulated over 300,000 domain names again and has built a sales team that sells hundreds of thousands of dollars of domain names a month.

With a sales team, he must be paying out commission, so that probably eats another 20% out of most of his sales. Also perhaps he included brokered sales in his "Domain Asset Holdings" sales in February 2012.

Your quoted article also states: "The average sales price for February 2012 was $839.31" which is much lower than my average sales price of over $3000. in my own portfolio, and confirms what I can see just by looking over his names, that his portfolio is over all pretty low end. Someone above, asfas1000, had mused that he thought MM's average sale price must be $3200., and I opined that it must be lower with a crappy portfolio like that, and I was right.

MM has posted a lot of lies about his sales, such as:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/hand-reg-for-20-000-in-2-years.886644/
where he claimed to have sold atthedropofahat for $20,000. which turned out to be a lie.

I'd simply say that this guy Mike Mann apparently can't keep track of his lies, hence when he sold $233K in one month recently and crowed about how it was his best month ever, he forgot about how he had exaggerated past sales that, like atthedropofahat, never closed.

In the end, a domain portfolio like that, low end, with even his own reported average sale of only $839.91 , couldn't be making money.

Watch and see. He won't be renewing most of his names in coming months/years.

Anyway, someone created this thread about that MM has posted BIN prices on his 300K portfolio, and so we comment. What other reason need there be for commenting?

Last edited:
•••
He did report it as his best month ever:
https://onlinedomain.com/2017/04/11...month-ever-propertyphotos-com-ukcannabis-com/
Mike Mann reported that he had his best month ever selling domain names. He reported selling 27 domain names in March 2017 for a total of $233,540. Mike had 7 5-figure sales.

Mike Mann said: “Ive been selling domains for 20 years. This is the best month yet.”

He explicitly states that $233K was his best month ever.

DomainGist, thanks for your well thought out post. It actually brings a couple questions to mind.

https://www.thedomains.com/2012/03/...ls-almost-300000-in-domain-names-in-february/
He started Domain Asset Holdings from scratch at the time most thought all the good domains were gone, accumulated over 300,000 domain names again and has built a sales team that sells hundreds of thousands of dollars of domain names a month.

With a sales team, he must be paying out commission, so that probably eats another 20% out of most of his sales. Also perhaps he included brokered sales in his "Domain Asset Holdings" sales in February 2012.

Your quoted article also states: "The average sales price for February 2012 was $839.31" which is much lower than my average sales price of over $3000. in my own portfolio, and confirms what I can see just by looking over his names, that his portfolio is over all pretty low end. Someone above, asfas1000, had mused that he thought MM's average sale price must be $3200., and I opined that it must be lower with a crappy portfolio like that, and I was right.

MM has posted a lot of lies about his sales, such as:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/hand-reg-for-20-000-in-2-years.886644/
where he claimed to have sold atthedropofahat for $20,000. which turned out to be a lie.

I'd simply say that this guy Mike Mann apparently can't keep track of his lies, hence when he sold $233K in one month recently and crowed about how it was his best month ever, he forgot about how he had exaggerated past sales that, like atthedropofahat, never closed.

In the end, a domain portfolio like that, low end, with even his own reported average sale of only $839.91 , couldn't be making money.

Watch and see. He won't be renewing most of his names in coming months/years.

Anyway, someone created this thread about that he has posted BIN prices on his 300K portfolio, and so we comment. What other reason need there be for commenting?

He probably sold more domains as he is not reporting all his sales.

I mean its stated there in same article! He probably did not report at least another $200k worth

•••
"Probably" - guy has an over all crappy portfolio with at least $2.4M per year nut, best month ever by his own admission $233K, average sale even by his own numbers only $839.91, and he lies about closed sales like atthedropofahat $20,000.

I wouldn't even waste time defending him, if I were you.

•••
it is well known that Mann tends to report only some sales and usually not the low value ones.

what people do not know is that he is also selling tons of domains for low value but they are never reported by him. Would hardly be worth it.

•••
Let's not forget that many of his names are registered for several years into the future. He is not renewing all those domains every year. I think his profitability is based on that fact.

•••
it is well known that Mann tends to report only some sales and usually not the low value ones.

what people do not know is that he is also selling tons of domains for low value but they are never reported by him. Would hardly be worth it.

I'm sure he is reporting everything except the NDA covered sales including the low ones hence the average sales price of 839.81 but anyway, if you want to defend the ongoing value of keeping this particular 300K portfolio in the face of common sense (the low value / appeal of most of the names) and his own reported words, that's up to you.

I think the mistake you are making is attributing qualities you might possess to someone who is intent on building the hype, even reported closed sales that never happen. Someone like that would never underreport unless he were NDA bound.

Last edited:
•••
https://www.cnet.com/news/meet-the-mann-who-registered-14962-domains-in-24-hours/

He never said he made 200k a month, some people imply that because he reported sales worth 200k.

DomainMarket.com. That business, he said, brings in about $400,000 a month.
They're names like CeoHealthClub.com, ChineseFoodCatering.com, BaptistChurchCamp.com and DrugDevelopers.com -- names that he's confident he can sell for a decent profit.

"There's these idiots that are questioning this, claiming I don't know what I'm doing and throwing away my money," said Mann. "The issue is whether this batch worth is 100K. Any professional can tell you yes."

•••
You are the perfect target for someone like Mike Mann.

You should contact him, by the end of the phone call I'd imagine that you'll be buying some of his domains.

Last edited:
•••
You are the perfect target for someone like Mike Mann.

You should contact him, by the end of the phone call you'll be buying some of his domains.

do you think he is losing money year after year for nothing?

•••
How much really big business have you been involved with in your life? Do you understand that when an operation is running it has to keep going, and doesn't necessarily make money throughout its existence? For example, do you think that the real estate developers in each boom/bust cycle have the ability to stop simply because a recession hits, or because they think a recession might hit, or do they lose money for a period of time during the bust cycle before they finally put a stop to operations or trim down what they are doing.

How about those large factories churning out panty hose for decades, that had to shut down when younger girls stopped wearing panty hose and it fell out of fashion? They didn't shut down right away, they lost money for a period of time before facing the changed paradigm of the times.

Same cycle in corporations, just because GE has been around for 125 years does not mean that they are immune to having to trim massively to get their EPS above the paltry six cents just reported, or else they too could cease to exist in their present form.

Mann might've been making enough money in other ventures (BuyDomains, etc.) to feed a large domaining experiment that by now, certainly, not this particular 300K portfolio, not at this time, could not be profitable, even if perhaps at points in the past, it might have been profitable, such as when the portfolio was smaller, or better than what it is now.

Anyway, my prediction is that MM will be trimming down his portfolio massively in due time. That particular 300K portfolio has too many poor names to sustain itself. And in my opinion what we may learn from this is that buying marginal or crappy names does not pay, whether in small numbers or large.

Last edited:
•••
We have quotes from him stating that the business brings in 400k a month and quotes from him stating that he had is best month ever recently since starting in domains 20 years ago and we know he ran the very profitable Buydomains operation.

so either he is

a) making more than some want to believe and not reporting all sales

b) or he is a liar losing money year after year for many years just because it is business for him.

•••
And we have a contradictory post where he stated that $200K in March 2017, was his best month in 20 years, as well as posts where MM claims to have $20K closed sales such as atthedropofahat that turn out to be lies.

You'd best get on the phone with him, he'd love to hear from you! you're one of his biggest cheerleaders no doubt.

Last edited:
•••
And we have a contradictory post where he stated that $200K in March 2017, twas his best month in 20 years, as well as posts where he claims to have $20K closed sales such as atthedropofahat that turn out to be lies.

You'd best get on the phone with him, he'll be selling many of his crappy domains to you! you're his biggest cheerleader no doubt.

he did not say 200k was his best month ever the article of blogger mixed his various statements and made it seem he said this he did not. It was not a quote.

we do have a direct quote from him (2012) that he made 400k each month.

at least one of these two statements can not be true.

why do people never question the profitability of hugedomains? They have even more crappy names, are they losing money too?

Last edited:
•••
•••
It was a direct quote, he said:

Mike Mann said: “Ive been selling domains for 20 years. This is the best month yet.” [referring to March 2017.]

He started in 1997. 1998 was when he founded BuyDomains. March 2017, would be twenty years.

What other time period would that 20 years encompass?

yes it was a direct quote that it was his best month ever but he did not say he earned 200k. that is what people somehow implied. even that article indicated 200k are not all of his sales.

Highest reported sale was HealingHolidays.com that sold for $20k. The average price was $8,650 and the median was $8,000. That is substantially higher to some stats he posted in January.

He probably sold more domains as he is not reporting all his sales.

i do not know why people do believe that Domainmarket is not successful and still accept the successes of entities like Hugedomains which owns millions of junk domains.

Last edited:
•••
The reported sales, were what he reported...they did not come out of thin air. MM reported $233K sales, MM stated that it was his best month in 20 years. I mean, either we disregard everything MM says and reports, or we at least allow that some of what he says is true.

Your argument is becoming a bit absurd. The points made by DomainGist were well reasoned and backed up with sources.

Last edited:
•••
The reported sales, were what he reported...they did not come out of thin air. MM reported $233K sales, MM stated that it was his best month in 20 years. I mean, either we disregard everything MM says and reports, or we at least allow that some of what he says is true.

Your argument is becoming a bit absurd. The points made by DomainGist were well reasoned and backed up with sources.

so Mike saying in an CNET interview he makes 400k a month is not backed up with sources? It is the only direct quote that we have so far.

so either we say everything he says is untrue and we believe what we want to believe or we accept what he says.

I have a direct quote on his revenue you are reading between the lines without knowing what he meant to say.

Last edited:
•••
so Mike saying in an CNET interview he makes 400k a month is not backed up with sources? It is the only direct quote that we have so far.

Hmm.

yes it was a direct quote that it was his best month ever

I thought you said we have only one direct quote?

•••
Hmm.

I thought you said we have only one direct quote?

He did not say he made 200k that month. He had reported some sales that he made. You made up your mind that he meant to say he made 200k that month.

that is not a direct quote from him on how much he makes that is in YOUR mind not his. He says he makes 400k a month.

in your mind he makes 200k, he says he makes 400k. I think he knows better and so far he did not seem a guy who lies so I have no reason not to believe him.

Last edited:
•••
He did not say he made 200k that month. He had reported some sales that he made. You made up your mind that he meant to say he made 200k that month.

that is not a direct quote from him on how much he makes that is in YOUR mind not his. He says he makes 400k a month.

in your mind he makes 200k, he says he makes 400k. I think he knows better and so far he did not seem a guy who lies so I have no reason not to believe him.

I admire you trying, but I doubt it will work. Welcome to the world of alternative facts, where the laws of normal logic stop working.

•••
I admire you trying, but I doubt it will work. Welcome to the world of alternative facts, where the laws of normal logic stop working.

The other day some girl in TV said that the planet Earth is not round, and there is no proof that its round. Its flat. He was not joking. He really belived it.

After that i am pretty sure that there are a lot stupid or even idiots in this Planet. And we should ban weed

Last edited:
•••
Dordomai wishes for whatever reason to prove that a borderline crappy portfolio of 300K names must be making money, so he picks and chooses facts, claiming that one direct quote must be followed while sales numbers disclosed by the same party are not to be believed since they weren't stated in a simple sentence, but rather, disclosed. (Such as MM's sales are disclosed by him, on a regular basis.)

If you have the time, you could look up the MM disclosed sales for every month in 2017, and report back to us. I think you will find well under $2.4M claimed sales in 2017.

My portfolio of about 1500 names averaged slightly over $3000. average sale amount, with about 2% sold in 2017, which is a slow year for me. This is not including brokered sales.

What might be more telling, is what the statistics of your portfolio are, Dordomai, because if they are closer to average $800. sale such as Mike Mann's, and your portfolio resembles his portfolio (which I contend is over all, crappy) it might make more sense why you're eager to establish that such a portfolio must be making money. Because any experienced domainer looking at those 300K names of MM's knows it could not be sustaining itself in 2017.

Last edited:
•••
Dordomai wishes for whatever reason to prove that a borderline crappy portfolio of 300K names must be making money, so he picks and chooses facts, claiming that one direct quote must be followed while sales numbers disclosed by the same party are not to be believed since they weren't stated in a simple sentence, but rather, disclosed. (Such as MM's sales are disclosed by him, on a regular basis.)

My portfolio of about 1500 names averaged slightly over $3000. average sale amount, with about 2% sold in 2017, which is a slow year for me.

What might be more telling, is what the statistics of your portfolio are, Dordomai, because if they are closer to average $800. sale such as Mike Mann's, and your portfolio resembles his portfolio (which I contend is over all, crappy) it might make more sense why you're eager to establish that such a portfolio must be making money. Because any experienced domainer looking at those 300K names of MM's knows it could not be sustaining itself in 2017.

I do not wish anything I just see people wishing Mann not being profitable and twisting his statements to make it seem this is the case. Also what I do not understand is that Mann is probably one of the most experienced domainers still active so if you are right:

why is he buying money losing domains then? What does he have to gain from lying to other domainers? It is not that they buy much if anything from him.

Also Hugedomains is one of these domain hoarders losing tons of money just to play the domain game?

What might be more telling, is what the statistics of your portfolio are, Dordomai, because if they are closer to average $800. sale such as Mike Mann's,

if he makes $800 per sale and the average reported sale is above $1000 obviously he is not reporting low sales.

Last edited:
•••
As a real estate developer, when I complete another condo development, whether it is 1991, 2008 or 2017, I am going to claim that sales are great and that people are buying. Paint as rosy a picture as possible.***

MM sells domains, I am sure that part of why he gets the higher prices on some of the sales is because of his reputation, including that he would not even acquire a domain unless it were good,
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...en-a-good-domain-name-and-a-bad-name.1057047/
which by implication means that any domain he offers for sale, must be good.
If word gets out that he is losing money, and has a portfolio that cannot sustain itself, the implication will be that he is desperate to sell, and doesn't necessarily have only good domains for sale.

*** But if I am not a good liar, occasionally something I said, such as claiming that a certain month was my best ever, will trip me up.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back