Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact

Attachments

• all_domains.csv
    8.6 MB · Views: 273
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I remember that I saw you looking for investments a while back, did you find any serious capital? The aftermarket and drop scene could use some competition. What’s your take on the Huge Domains dominance? They are all over the place. @Mike Mann

•••
I'm always looking for investors, I have several great companies, and huge ideas worth billions, the investors keep losing every time they pass. Huge Domains model wont work, too few pct of names have any value, too expensive to renew, too difficult to discover what to delete, too many legal fees...... Eventually they will eat it. My names are almost all high quality .Com and lower number to manage.

•••
I'm always looking for investors, I have several great companies, and huge ideas worth billions, the investors keep losing every time they pass. Huge Domains model wont work, too few pct of names have any value, too expensive to renew, too difficult to discover what to delete, too many legal fees...... Eventually they will eat it. My names are almost all high quality .Com and lower number to manage.
Doesn't HD manage Dropcatch? That must make money.

•••

Sorry but I disagree with that statement, I think HugeDomains is not going anywhere and once they streamline they will continue to be a fore into the future.

Why do you think I'm so sure?
Because I'm starting to use the same system and by golly it works like the dickens. I'm applying it to just under 1000 domains but the motto works. It revolves around tracking every single click to the domain and then hanging on and increasing the price of the ones with the most traffic.

Here is how I do it.....

1. Add all domains as an alias in cPanel and that way they default to your main index page while retaining the address in the address bar for every domain.

2. Design a main landing page, call it index.htm and drop it into your main directory.

3. Add your google analytical code to your index file.

4. Watch your referrer traffic to each of your domains and sort from the highest activity domain to the least activity.

5. Price your stock accordingly.

6. Remember to make a listings page which shows all your domains in case someone wants to peruse them all. This is especially important if you have a niche like crypto or something and someone wants to see all those domains.

I recently had an inquiry on a 4 letter .ca and I was going to price it around 1.5k until I checked my stats and saw it was getting a spike in activity. I quoted 5k and the domain sold.

So mine is on a minuscule scale of HugeDomains but I can only imagine it working on a grand scale. If HugeDomains hangs on to the right domains and drops the ones with no traffic then I don't see them going anywhere. If they try to hang on to all domains regardless of traffic then you're probably right and they are doomed.

•••
If HugeDomains hangs on to the right domains and drops the ones with no traffic then I don't see them going anywhere.

That's what they are doing.

•••
•••
Sorry but I disagree with that statement, I think HugeDomains is not going anywhere and once they streamline they will continue to be a fore into the future.

Why do you think I'm so sure?
Because I'm starting to use the same system and by golly it works like the dickens. I'm applying it to just under 1000 domains but the motto works. It revolves around tracking every single click to the domain and then hanging on and increasing the price of the ones with the most traffic.

Here is how I do it.....

1. Add all domains as an alias in cPanel and that way they default to your main index page while retaining the address in the address bar for every domain.

2. Design a main landing page, call it index.htm and drop it into your main directory.

3. Add your google analytical code to your index file.

4. Watch your referrer traffic to each of your domains and sort from the highest activity domain to the least activity.

5. Price your stock accordingly.

6. Remember to make a listings page which shows all your domains in case someone wants to peruse them all. This is especially important if you have a niche like crypto or something and someone wants to see all those domains.

I recently had an inquiry on a 4 letter .ca and I was going to price it around 1.5k until I checked my stats and saw it was getting a spike in activity. I quoted 5k and the domain sold.

So mine is on a minuscule scale of HugeDomains but I can only imagine it working on a grand scale. If HugeDomains hangs on to the right domains and drops the ones with no traffic then I don't see them going anywhere. If they try to hang on to all domains regardless of traffic then you're probably right and they are doomed.
I doubt you will profit but let us know the numbers one day.

•••
Thanks to Mike for sharing some of his time

•••
I doubt you will profit but let us know the numbers one day.

HeHe

Depends on how you define profits.
In my world a few thousand here and there on domaining is a good supplementary income.

I guess its relative to investment though...

If I invest 10k and have that as an annual return then I'm doing pretty darn good percentage wise.

I'll never be in your league because I cannot buy up dictionary terms but as an investment I am making pretty decent returns.

Mr Mann, I will never question your abilities and portfolio because your track record speaks for itself and you have nothing to prove to anyone. However, I'll bet bottom dollars though that huge domains is making money and will continue to do so. That is the only place where your and my opinion varies.

•••
HeHe

Depends on how you define profits.
In my world a few thousand here and there on domaining is a good supplementary income.

I guess its relative to investment though...

If I invest 10k and have that as an annual return then I'm doing pretty darn good percentage wise.

I'll never be in your league because I cannot buy up dictionary terms but as an investment I am making pretty decent returns.

Mr Mann, I will never question your abilities and portfolio because your track record speaks for itself and you have nothing to prove to anyone. However, I'll bet bottom dollars though that huge domains is making money and will continue to do so. That is the only place where your and my opinion varies.
I already said "I may be wrong, just guessing". Most places I'm not a guesser, I say when I'm sure.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back