NameSilo

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I'm not missing anything, if we're talking about .games extension, and not about all new extensions.
If we check last one word .games we'll see pretty low ball sales even with trendy words like NFTS.

mania.games 146 USD
post.games 170 USD
climate.games 140 USD
nfts.games 2,010 USD
metro.games 160 USD
boss.games 120 USD
wind.games 131 USD
focus.games 100 USD
love.games 243 USD
business.games 164 USD

So in my opinion MetaverseGames.com is more valuable.

Iam talking about all new extensions

Lets say

Or

MetaApp.com
Meta.app

!!!

I think some new extensions are so far stronger than +extensions.com

What do you think ?

Like omniverse.zone sold for 1K

What do you think about omniverseZone.com stronger or not

•••
IMG_20211115_230320.jpg

Thoughts welcome...

•••
Is there any info on MetaBay.io and what it might be?

Last edited:
•••
I haven't been on here in a while. I've been focusing on building relationships on LinkedIN with brokers and decision makers and working on the portfolio and such. The homerun season for Meta domains has only just begun. I'm in negotiations for several names in the xxx,xxx ranges. Also turning down $50K offers no problem. All I'm going to say is that China is aiming to be a major player in the Meta space as well and I have had strongest interest and collaboration from that side of the world.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Yeah China is a sure bet for meta domains because all of Zuckerberg's properties are banned there, including Meta and it's well known that China's government does not protect US intellectual property there, allowing even Chinese companies to use US patents and even knock off US logos if they want. Plus the Chinese are behind the Great Firewall, so they have no idea what Meta is and most probably don't even know who Zuck is lol.... So yeah Cmgood point about China!

I think there will be a few home runs in the west but I do expect Meta sales to dry up in the XR industry eventually (in the West) as Meta begins its campaign to establish its position in the industry. It's already had an effect, simply with an announcement, so imagine how strong of a presence Meta will be in XR when it starts marketing to the general public. No smart western company will want to pour their budget into marketing a brand that could associated or confused with Meta.com because it would essentially be promoting Meta.com and not their business. This is the power of one word dot coms and the power of having a prime, dominant keyword on dot com. If the industry were already mainstream and Meta came into the industry late, like Crypto.com came late to the crypto industry, their claiming the nane Meta would not affect Branding science. But Meta is establishing its self in a dominant position early in an industry that's still nascent, because they know it that kind of power move has a huge level of influence when done early.

There will still be Meta sales, especially non-xr as there always have been and maybe western XR names that are investor to investor, but my theory is that western home runs sales will be drying up soon. Hope I'm wrong but honestly, as a professional brand consultant with over 20 years exp I'd advise companies to move on to other creative ways to give their brand a Metaverse theme.

In the West, Meta will *eventually* be to XR how Nike is to sneakers. It's just common sense.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah China is a sure bet for meta domains because all of Zuckerberg's properties are banned there, including Meta and it's well known that China's government does not protect US intellectual property there, allowing even Chinese companies to use US patents and even knock off US logos if they want. Plus the Chinese are behind the Great Firewall, so they have no idea what Meta is and most probably don't even know who Zuck is lol.... So yeah Cmgood point about China!

I think there will be a few home runs in the west but I do expect Meta sales to dry up in the XR industry eventually (in the West) as Meta begins its campaign to establish its position in the industry. It's already had an effect, simply with an announcement, so imagine how strong of a presence Meta will be in XR when it starts marketing to the general public. No smart western company will want to pour their budget into marketing a brand that could associated or confused with Meta.com because it would essentially be promoting Meta.com and not their business. This is the power of one word dot coms and the power of having a prime, dominant keyword on dot com. If the industry were already mainstream and Meta came into the industry late, like Crypto.com came late to the crypto industry, their claiming the nane Meta would not affect Branding science. But Meta is establishing its self in a dominant position early in an industry that's still nascent, because they know it that kind of power move has a huge level of influence when done early.

There will still be Meta sales, especially non-xr as there always have been and maybe western XR names that are investor to investor, but my theory is that western home runs sales will be drying up soon. Hope I'm wrong but honestly, as a professional brand consultant with over 20 years exp I'd advise companies to move on to other creative ways to give their brand a Metaverse theme.

In the West, Meta will *eventually* be to XR how Nike is to sneakers. It's just common sense.
"I think there will be a few home runs in the west but I do expect Meta sales to dry up in the XR industry eventually (in the West) as Meta begins its campaign to establish its position in the industry." you mention 'Meta', any thoughts on the full blown keyword+metaverse and metaverse+keyword?

•••

Look I'm not typically in the business of calling people out but I find it difficult to believe you have 20 years exp as a brand consultant and you would advise companies to steer clear of Meta related domains for branding essentially giving up their legal rights to use Meta themselves. I have 18 years in the domain industry and that is the single worst advise I've seen on this thread. Smart brands should be doing the exact opposite and in fact they are. You should take a step back with the type of advise and opinions you are posting or at the very least stop, reflect, and not post as an authoritative source because you are simply wrong here.

I've been casually talking with leaders in the domain industry and meta/metaverse represents a unique opportunity unlike any other niche. It's not like cloud, or vr, or weed, or even crypto. It's little only been a few weeks of action and you're starting to call the end is near. That's a domain flipper mindset and not a true investor mindset. A couple of weeks a couple months is nothing when the goal is to extract maximum value of an asset. Flip the switch. I have nothing further to add.

Last edited:
•••
MetaV is my MetaVerse brand.

Look I'm not typically in the business of calling people out but I find it difficult to believe you have 20 years exp as a brand consultant and you would advise companies to steer clear of Meta related domains for branding essentially giving up their legal rights to use Meta themselves. I have 18 years in the domain industry and that is the single worst advise I've seen on this thread. Smart brands should be doing the exact opposite and in fact they are. You should take a step back with the type of advise and opinions you are posting or at the very least stop, reflect, and not post as an authoritative source because you are simply wrong here.

I've been casually talking with leaders in the domain industry and meta/metaverse represents a unique opportunity unlike any other niche. It's not like cloud, or vr, or weed, or even crypto. It's little only been a few weeks of action and you're starting to call the end is near. That's a domain flipper mindset and not a true investor mindset. A couple of weeks a couple months is nothing when the goal is to extract maximum value of an asset. Flip the switch. I have nothing further to add.
You have right 1000% !

•••
Both in king

AdvertiseonMeta

AdvertiseonMetaverse

Last edited:
•••

You interpreting what I said as "the end is near" is clear evidence that you didn't actually read what I wrote before replying.

I'm just sharing my logic. I did mention that you made a great point about China, which I had forgotten about. So I was underlining that what I said may not be internationally valid. And I had a lot of other points you seem to missed.

My mentioning my experience in branding was more about shedding light on where I'm coming from in branding, not to claim authority. I've been wrong many times and domain trends are sometimes unpredictable. I just like to calmly discuss and exchange insights. Thanks for not getting personal. I admire you as a domain investor, especially your obvious talent in recognizing niches early. I've been following you for longer than you may realize.

But, you're writing about Meta as if it's the same as Metaverse, but it's not. This goes deeper than mere domains, and that's something you're not going to see discussed a lot in niche threads, because people just want to "ape" into a niche only talking about domains.

Keywords and SEO, what people search for in Google, that affects. The best way to explain this is by example. When XR was still very young, Apple released the iPhone XR. That effected Google search results for "XR" so dominantly that iPhone related pages were in the first 4 or 5 results for several months to a year. As XR picked up and the iPhone XR became old news, the XR industry is back to dominating the search results. XR is an entire industry so it would have eventually triumphed over the iPhone XR as it grows anyway, but Meta is not an industry, it is not Metaverse its a brand word in XR, but soon it will become also a keyword for people looking for Meta related products and services, because that's how big and important Meta is to developers and those in it's ecosystem. Meta is now the name of one of the biggest companies that hasn't even started a marketing campaign yet. SEO matters with branding not just donains, and when I give my professional advice I take that into account.

I was talking about Branding when I said I would recommend companies to steer towards meta alternatives, not domains as that can affect domain choices. And by "meta" I don't mean "Metaverse" of course.

But all of this talk is cheap. I hope you prove me wrong with a spike in $50k+ "meta" sales that we saw recently, after 6 months! Then I will gladly eat my words. I really hope you do! You could make it happen if you focus on China, as you said. Long live "meta" , but even more importantly, long live Metaverse!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
2 questions for you all:

After Meta has established its self as a dominating leader in the XR/Metaverse industry (think the "Facebook" of Metaverse companies), do you think that "Meta + Keyword" searches in Google will show pages related to Zuck's Meta in most of the top 5 results, regardless of the fact that there are other *Metaverse* related "Meta" brands, like "Meta Racing", "Meta Zone", or "Meta Fashion" for example?

And if so, do you think that users in Google could think "Meta Fashion" in those results may be related to avatar fashion inside Zuck's Meta? Would it be an easy assumption for users in a hurry to make, given that many of the other top Meta results are related to Zuck's Meta?

Last edited:
•••
•••
2 questions for you all:

After Meta has established its self as a dominating leader in the XR/Metaverse industry (think the "Facebook" of Metaverse companies), do you think that "Meta + Keyword" searches in Google will show pages related to Zuck's Meta in most of the top 5 results, regardless of the fact that there are other *Metaverse* related "Meta" brands, like "Meta Racing", "Meta Zone", or "Meta Fashion" for example?

And if so, do you think that users in Google could think "Meta Fashion" in those results may be related to avatar fashion inside Zuck's Meta? Would it be an easy assumption for users in a hurry to make, given that many of the other top Meta results are related to Zuck's Meta?

Why are you so stuck on Facebook and Meta. Didn't people start several other threads on NP to address that topic already? Facebook/Meta is not the entirety of the metaverse. You're saying and asking the same thing over and over again in this thread. Ok we get it!

•••
Why are you so stuck on Facebook and Meta. Didn't people start several other threads on NP to address that topic already? Facebook/Meta is not the entirety of the metaverse. You're saying and asking the same thing over and over again in this thread. Ok we get it!

Why are you singling me out when others talk about fb here too. I haven't been talking about SEO aspect here yet and I think they're legit questions. I'm curious about what others in *this*, because there are more people interested in Metaverse here, but I will happily migrate to another thread if the mods feel it appropriate to move my questions there. Sorry that you find this subject annoying...but again, you're being a little unfair by singling like I'm the only one talking about Meta here lol...

•••
•••
•••
I said it first 😁.... But I say that's bc it's mostly clouded with hype and VR is an extremely impractical way to compute and virtual is an ancient way to socialize that we've been already been doing for the last 20 years, from Second Life to gaming and avatar chat sites. Looking forward to the AR aspects of the metaverse though.

But the future is unpredictable. I remember in the 90s when I was selling web design services. My most common rejection was "our company doesn't need a website because we're in the yellow pages" 😂. There may be some use cases in the metaverse that we never knew we needed just as we had no idea how much we needed the internet in the mid 90s.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

Beijing is supporting the Metaverse, Tencent/AliBaba are leading the charge.

And this may be of interest:
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202111/1238811.shtml

It will of course be the Chinese PRC version of the Metaverse

•••

The Pinyin translation of 元界 (Metaverse in Chinese) is Yuanjie (Yuán jiè) , quite a few extensions taken, mainly by Chinese and one optimist has Yuanjie.com at $1,888,888

•••

I wasn't talking about whether or not CN would be interested in MV. My understanding is that they've been ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to interest in VR and Metaverse.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back