Dynadot

Domain on auction resolves to unknown site?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Paperhand

Established Member
Impact
138
Hi, I recently put a domain up for auction at sav.com
Whois entry shows correct nameservers: ns1.sav.com &ns2.sav.com

but the site shows an unknown indian project under this URL. what am I missing here...??

domain in question: dukeGPT.com
should go to sav auction site


dukegpt.jpg
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting.

I'm seeing the Sav website, all looks good from here.

Check your network settings / wifi.

Perhaps try with another Internet connection, and see if the results are different.



SAV Active Auction.png
 
Last edited:
1
•••
If you just changed the nameservers just wait for the change to propagate, if you've changed them more than 2h ago you should check the TTL amount that you've put when you changed the nameservers, try putting it at 1800 (30 minutes):

1714395003780.png
 
1
•••
sav.png

Your browser cache maybe? Look resolved here.
 
1
•••
2
•••
wtf... I tried it on mobile, desktop via wifi (in Hungary over the long weekend), via 5G, with chrome / opera ...
VPN via USA - still the same content.
I will be in Austria again tomorrow, and try it from there, but I don't see how that can be a factor...
dukegpt mobile.jpg
 
0
•••
1
•••
I'm seeing the DAN lander as well, just like @D Haynes.
 
2
•••
1
•••
I changed it to dan, and it worked for me as well.
Now it points back to sav again, which will take some time, I hope it will resolve as it should for me too.

I am still confused about what happened, I never saw that site before...

Thanks for your replies, maybe I should have waited a bit longer before changing the nameservers.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
Looks like the 'footprint in snow' evidence left by a redirecting domain traffic proxy server (geofencing algorithm) when its caught off-guard by a nameserver change (of a static parked URL) to a platform not in its network.

Proxy servers also need time to 'propagate'. And, instead of a 'Nothing to see here' page, now appear to be showing / driving traffic to a meaningless alternate page instead of exposing the actual client's page and its tracking URL.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/domain-scamming.1324578/post-9156574
 
Last edited:
4
•••
Looks like the 'footprint in snow' evidence left by a redirecting domain traffic proxy server (geofencing algorithm) when its caught off-guard by a nameserver change (of a static parked URL) to a platform not in its network.

Ok, I might need some time to get this but thanks for the info!

I had some issues before where domains directed to sav.com would not resolve and always suspected the platform to be responsible but it is something else after all.

It resolves now, but just 30min ago it did not. Maybe I’ll change it back to Dan, won’t make any difference for the auction’s outcome.
 
0
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back