IT.COM

LLLLSales.com - Feedback, Bugs, Suggestions, etc

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As many of you who follow the LLLL.com market probably know, the previous resource for LLLL sales data hasn't been updated in months.

In an effort to provide a useful resource to those interested in LLLL.com sales data, I have created a website called LLLLSales.com, at the request of many of the frequent posters in the sales and discussion thread. I have spent a good amount of the last week developing the site and adding sales data from the sales thread here.

Please feel free to try the site out and use this thread as a place to post feedback, bugs, or any suggestions in general for the website.

Next: ShortNames (formerly LLLLSales)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All the Sedo sales that are automatically added to the site are converted from any foreign currency to USD based on current exchange rates. As far as sales submitted by contributors, these also were converted as far as I know.

Are there any specific examples you can point out?

•••
Good to know the automatic entries are converted...

I noticed it when I was researching some domains a couple of weeks ago. I think I can probably figure out what domain(s) I had found that were unconverted -- I will try to send you some examples by PM.

I guess it would be next to impossible to figure out which of the manually submitted domains from Sedo hadn't been converted without doing a BUNCH of fact-checking -- more than the reconciliation in posted sale prices could make up for.

Averaged out, it probably doesn't make a big difference, one way or the other. I just know that for the domain I looked up, the difference was close to $1200 -- enough that I noticed it immediately.

On a slightly different subject : Would it be possible to make the list of upcoming auctions longer without changing the aesthetics? (A scroll window or "more" click-through perhaps)

Some days when one of the venues is particularly busy, it is hard to see what's up on the block for the day.

Thanks again Russell!

•••
Ian (username ianmcd) has offered to contribute ebay sales data to LLLLSales.com going forward. So far 3000+ sales have been added from Nov 2009 to now: LLLL.com Sales Data and Price Charts

•••
Hey, great site!
Can you add price charts for other type of domains also, like triple premium, cvcv's etc.
And would be great to see more domains in current auctions.

•••
It's been awhile since I've made an update on LLLLSales.com.

The site had been lacking in new sales posted. I recently redid a lot of the backend, and the site now pulls in sales data from Godaddy, Sedo, Namejet, and Snapnames on a daily basis. Since it was implemented earlier this month there's been an average of around 35 sales posted per day, making it a useful resource again.

•••
Awesome, great job Russell

•••
I've updated the site to pull Godaddy sales data again after they made a change to their system months ago, and will hopefully be adding Flippa and possibly Dropcatch soon.

I've also added an option to filter sales (and current auctions) by Chinese Premium (no aeiouv) since many people seem to be interested in that category currently.

I hope you continue to find the site useful!

•••
I've updated the site to pull Godaddy sales data again after they made a change to their system months ago, and will hopefully be adding Flippa and possibly Dropcatch soon.

I've also added an option to filter sales (and current auctions) by Chinese Premium (no aeiouv) since many people seem to be interested in that category currently.

If you need about Namejet, Snapnames, Pheenix and Dropcatch quad pre LLLL .com sale prices data, I can help you.

•••

Good idea on the Chi Premium filter. And nice to see GD data being added again.

Might I suggest, in your Price Charts link, to include Chinese Premium minimum price as well? As they seemed to have overtaken even western quad premium minimum prices, I think that would be a great addition.

•••
Excellent update on www.llllsales.com

Thanks for providing such a useful resource.

•••
If you need about Namejet, Snapnames, Pheenix and Dropcatch quad pre LLLL .com sale prices data, I can help you.

I've automated posting sales data from Namejet, Snapnames, Godaddy, and just added DropCatch. Soon I'll add Flippa. The only sales that I can't really automate that need to be manually submitted are forum auctions.

Good idea on the Chi Premium filter. And nice to see GD data being added again.

Might I suggest, in your Price Charts link, to include Chinese Premium minimum price as well? As they seemed to have overtaken even western quad premium minimum prices, I think that would be a great addition.

Yes the charts section is something I've been meaning to update. Should be able to get some better charts including a Chinese premium one up soon.

•••
You could add the "r" in the "Seach" button :)

•••
You could add the "r" in the "Seach" button :)

Haha! Good catch, that typo must have been there since the site launched in early 2009 and apparently nobody noticed til now. Thanks.

•••
Site looks great man! Let me know if you'd be interested in exchanging links :)

•••
Really glad to see the GD sales back on. Thanks for your continued work on this.

I use your auction links when possible.

•••

The charts page has been updated with better charts and now includes a Chinese Premium minimum price chart as well, which shows there's definitely been a pretty steep increase over the last few months.

Ebay and Flippa sales data is now pulled in automatically as well.

•••
Thank you for your efforts!
Do you plan to offer banner exchange/advertising on LLLLsales?

•••
Thank you for your efforts!
Do you plan to offer banner exchange/advertising on LLLLsales?
I don't plan to run much advertising but may set up a system where people can buy to link to promote their current auction at the top of the page since the site gets a lot of targeted LLLL buyers.

•••
5 of my LLLL.com eBay auctions end in about 4h. Only 3 of 5 are showing in your page. Is there a reason? All my auctions have the same title/description pattern.

•••
5 of my LLLL.com eBay auctions end in about 4h. Only 3 of 5 are showing in your page. Is there a reason? All my auctions have the same title/description pattern.

Should be there now. Found a small bug in how we filter out suspicious ebay auctions but its fixed.

•••
Should be there now. Found a small bug in how we filter out suspicious ebay auctions but its fixed.

Yes, they are all displayed now.
Thank you for that quick fix and your website. In addition of sales history, having auctions promoted is a big advantage.

HCZV.com shows 51$ and 38 minutes on your site. The minute are ok, but the price does not seem to be accurate. Is the amount only refreshed at X interval of time?

•••
Yes, they are all displayed now.
Thank you for that quick fix and your website. In addition of sales history, having auctions promoted is a big advantage.

HCZV.com shows 51$ and 38 minutes on your site. The minute are ok, but the price does not seem to be accurate. Is the amount only refreshed at X interval of time?

Ebay auctions are updated hourly through their API. Godaddy just provided a datafeed once a day so prices and number of bids are not always completely up to date on those. Sales prices are recorded once the auction is over so those are accurate.

•••
I've been a big fan of LLLLsales.com since day one. Now, I'm visiting more than ever. The updates are fantastic. Everything looks great.

•••
agreed I love the Chinese Premium function you added.

•••
I'd like to suggest that you discontinue adding ($10) GoDaddy renewal fee to the auction end prices. In fact, I just won an auction there that was not an expired name and was not charged any renewal fee. Therefore, the price shown on your site is not correct.

It is what it is. Final bid is final bid and in my mind, adding the assumed renewal cost is skewing the data, albeit just slightly.

Thoughts?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back