Dynadot

LLLLSales.com - Feedback, Bugs, Suggestions, etc

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As many of you who follow the LLLL.com market probably know, the previous resource for LLLL sales data hasn't been updated in months.

In an effort to provide a useful resource to those interested in LLLL.com sales data, I have created a website called LLLLSales.com, at the request of many of the frequent posters in the sales and discussion thread. I have spent a good amount of the last week developing the site and adding sales data from the sales thread here.

Please feel free to try the site out and use this thread as a place to post feedback, bugs, or any suggestions in general for the website.

Next: ShortNames (formerly LLLLSales)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sold a domain on eBay yesterday evening. Is there a reason why it does not show on your website?
On eBay search for "YIGK" in sold items to find the listing.

My other auctions are usually on your website. Maybe this listing was considered a "multiple domain" because the name is written YIGK.com and yigk.com in the listing.

I found the problem and it's added now. It wasn't because of a multiple domain issue. The filter deals well with capitalization and other domains listed with prices as comparables vs also being for sale.

The program which records sales prices would only check ebay auctions in our system that had at least 1 bid to save time, since there are many with high prices that end unsold. Unfortunately since we only update the auction data from their API every couple hours, auctions that receive the first bid in the last hour had a chance of being missed, which was the case here. Now it will check all auctions regardless of if they had a bid in our system.

•••
LLLLSales.com just passed a major milestone by reporting it's 100,000th sale of a LLLL.com!

uwoy.com $149.00 7/31/2015 NameJet

Thanks to all those who have helped contribute sales data over the years, and to those who continue to find the site to be a useful resource.

•••
I have 3 auctions with bids (1 bid) each on eBay right now ending in less than 3 hours and not showing on LLLLSales.com (right section) is there a reason? Is there something in my listings that is not conform?

Here his one example: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/252048910683

Thank you.

•••
It seems the bids came in towards the end of the auction and prices are only updated every couple hours from ebay. I will work on having ebay prices update more frequently using their API. The looks like the final sales prices were recorded correctly. Thanks for the input.

•••
is it possible for your program to render the language of thread updates so namepros auctions show on the right? it would be great if this happened!

•••
•••
Hi,

I have sold a few LLLL.com's over the years but a search on the site doesn't show up for some?

I have checked my Sedo, Escrow records for dates and amounts.

cbdo.com for $4000 - Aug 12th 2015 (Private thru Escrow.com) - No results found

wswu.com for $1500 - May 19th 2015 (Sedo.com) - On site

bmaq.com for $3000 - Aug 18th 2014 (Private thru Escrow.com) - No results found

waqu.com for $5500 - Apr 13th 2012 (Private thru Escrow.com) - No results found

wtru.com for $4490 - Sep 19th 2006 (Sedo.com) - On site wrong date, not sold in 2011, still with the same owner.

How do I let you know if I sell a LLLL.com privately?

Cheers,
Steve

•••
Hi,

I have sold a few LLLL.com's over the years but a search on the site doesn't show up for some?

I have checked my Sedo, Escrow records for dates and amounts.

cbdo.com for $4000 - Aug 12th 2015 (Private thru Escrow.com) - No results found

wswu.com for $1500 - May 19th 2015 (Sedo.com) - On site

bmaq.com for $3000 - Aug 18th 2014 (Private thru Escrow.com) - No results found

waqu.com for $5500 - Apr 13th 2012 (Private thru Escrow.com) - No results found

wtru.com for $4490 - Sep 19th 2006 (Sedo.com) - On site wrong date, not sold in 2011, still with the same owner.

How do I let you know if I sell a LLLL.com privately?

Cheers,
Steve

I've posted/corrected all your private sales. Thanks for contributing the data.

•••
Please note, your link for CABD auction instead forwards to an auction for TheBlazon (com).

•••
Please note, your link for CABD auction forwards to an auction for TheBlazon (com).

If you read the description the auction includes the domain CABD along with a couple others in a package with the website. I suggested to the seller who purchased the Featured Ad that he might have better luck with a separate auction for the domain only, but he preferred to do it as a package.

•••
If you read the description the auction includes the domain CABD along with a couple others in a package with the website. I suggested to the seller who purchased the Featured Ad that he might have better luck with a separate auction for the domain only, but he preferred to do it as a package.
Ah, ok, I obviously missed that. He should've taken your advice. :xf.wink:

•••
I'm sorry if this question has been addressed before, but if an auction gets bids but does not hit reserve, is it included in LLLLSales.com completed auctions?

•••
I'm sorry if this question has been addressed before, but if an auction gets bids but does not hit reserve, is it included in LLLLSales.com completed auctions?
No. AFAIK

•••

forge is correct, only sales where the reserve was met are reported on the site.

•••
You should register and develop "nnnnnsales.com" :)

•••
Feature Request 1: Price chart of LLLL.com Minimum Price

•••
Feature Request 2: LLLL sales of other extensions like .net and new gTLDs

•••
Feature Request 3: Allow "AND" "OR" operators in search fields - contains, does not contain

•••
Feature Request 4: Allow search by date range / price range, i.e. having min. and max. fields

•••
Why would it be?
Sale is exchange of goods for money.
If reserve is not met no exchange happens.

•••
Are those Flippa sales even real? I bid on a few of those domains and all I kept getting no matter how high I bid was reserve not met. So are these confirmed sales with domains exchanging hands or......

•••
Are those Flippa sales even real? I bid on a few of those domains and all I kept getting no matter how high I bid was reserve not met. So are these confirmed sales with domains exchanging hands or......

Most Flippa auctions end unsold with reserves not met.

Which Flippa sales do you suspect?

You are welcomed to bid on my no reserve LLLL.com Flippa auctions in my signature. ;)

•••
Most Flippa auctions end unsold with reserves not met.

Which Flippa sales do you suspect?

You are welcomed to bid my no reserve Flippa auctions in my signature. ;)
The Chinese premium auctions that are approximately 2-300 dollars below every other auction platform site out there. Sad thing is if these are counted they pull down the overall trend of LLLL.coms

•••
Those are mostly sold by classified listings and not auctions.

Perhaps the sellers weren't aware of the market rate.

•••
Those are mostly sold by classified listings and not auctions.

Perhaps the sellers weren't aware of the market rate.

Well I searched their entire inventory a few days ago and bid at least 600 on every single Chinese premium they had and I didn't win anything. As a matter of fact I have sold on Flippa before and they really didn't force the transaction which left my domain unsold. I just want to know if anyone can confirm whether or not these domains are exchanging hands.

Is there a tool out there someone could recommend? I know there is a tool that searches whois history out there. Thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back