IT.COM

LLLLSales.com - Feedback, Bugs, Suggestions, etc

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As many of you who follow the LLLL.com market probably know, the previous resource for LLLL sales data hasn't been updated in months.

In an effort to provide a useful resource to those interested in LLLL.com sales data, I have created a website called LLLLSales.com, at the request of many of the frequent posters in the sales and discussion thread. I have spent a good amount of the last week developing the site and adding sales data from the sales thread here.

Please feel free to try the site out and use this thread as a place to post feedback, bugs, or any suggestions in general for the website.

Next: ShortNames (formerly LLLLSales)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would it be possible to have a search criteria for "Double letter" ?

We have:
- Triple Letter (ok great)
- Double Repeat (nice, but repeated letters have to be next to each other)
- Double Letter (?? maybe .. for domains where a letter is there twice, but not next to each other)

I think it could be a nice feature to add.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Double Letter is now an option found right under Double Repeat.

Also, in response to the previous posts about tracking LLLL.net sales, I'm not ignoring you guys. I've actually recently started working on something new that I hope to be able to reveal more about soon.

•••
I've updated the site to pull Godaddy sales data again after they made a change to their system months ago, and will hopefully be adding Flippa and possibly Dropcatch soon.

I've also added an option to filter sales (and current auctions) by Chinese Premium (no aeiouv) since many people seem to be interested in that category currently.

I hope you continue to find the site useful!

•••
The site now automatically pulls in 4.cn and Sedo auction results, and BuyDomains reported sales, in addition to all the marketplaces (Goddady, Flippa, Ebay, Namejet, Dropcatch) we already report sales from.

•••
LLLLSales.com just passed a major milestone by reporting it's 100,000th sale of a LLLL.com!

uwoy.com $149.00 7/31/2015 NameJet

Thanks to all those who have helped contribute sales data over the years, and to those who continue to find the site to be a useful resource.

•••
Several new updates to the site to report today:

1) Now that Pheenix runs public auctions we will be monitoring those sales prices and adding them to the database going forward.

2) I've update the search filters so you can now search by price range, date range, and last X days of sales.

3) I've added a (much requested) third chart which is the "minimum price" for all LLLL.com domains. The chart only goes back to July of this year since data before that was not reported consistently enough to have meaningful figures. Now that we track most auction sites this should be useful going forward.

4) Speaking of the charts, I also added a 10th percentile line (10% of reported sales were below this price) in addition to the 5th percentile. Many people have mentioned that recently some lowball classified sales at Flippa were "bringing the minimum down" while prices seemed to be rising at other auction venues. Adding the 10th percentile gives a little more insight into the bottom of the market.

•••
SUGGESTION

As there are around 10x more LLLL.com sales than Quad Premium LLLL.com sales, and around 3x more LLLL.com sales than Chinese Premium LLLL.com sales, I will like to suggest that each point on the LLLL.com Minimum Price chart to base on 3-5 days of sales instead of 14 days of sales.

You bring up a good point. I've changed it to 7 days worth of sales (that's what I had originally planned but for some reason set it to 14), so it should now show a better idea of "current" prices. Expect a pretty big jump when the chart updates with a new data point tonight. ;)

•••
Might I suggest, in your Price Charts link, to include Chinese Premium minimum price as well? As they seemed to have overtaken even western quad premium minimum prices, I think that would be a great addition.

The charts page has been updated with better charts and now includes a Chinese Premium minimum price chart as well, which shows there's definitely been a pretty steep increase over the last few months.

Ebay and Flippa sales data is now pulled in automatically as well.

•••
Feature Request 1: Price chart of LLLL.com Minimum Price

As I've mentioned before, for several periods in the past we only recorded limited sales (i.e. Namejet auctions of quad premiums) so taking the 5th percentile of all domains would show a price of $xxx simply because we don't have record of the lower sales during that time.

Feature Request 2: LLLL sales of other extensions like .net and new gTLDs

In the future I may expand the site to other niches/extensions.

Feature Request 3: Allow "AND" "OR" operators in search fields - contains, does not contain

This is actually currently possible using a space between letters. The "contains" search with use OR and the "does not contain" uses AND. (for example: does not contain "a e i o u v" would list only Chinese Premium).

Feature Request 4: Allow search by date range / price range, i.e. having min. and max. fields

This is something I may change as well.

Thanks for the suggestions!

•••
GOYZ.com on eBay should be removed from LLLLsales.com ASAP! Its a trick! G0YZ LNLL

Yeah it looks like it showed up because they listed goyz.com in the title but then in the description say its an LNLL.

I've removed the auction and reported the seller to ebay. Thanks for the heads up.

•••
It's been awhile since I've made an update on LLLLSales.com.

The site had been lacking in new sales posted. I recently redid a lot of the backend, and the site now pulls in sales data from Godaddy, Sedo, Namejet, and Snapnames on a daily basis. Since it was implemented earlier this month there's been an average of around 35 sales posted per day, making it a useful resource again.

•••
I've updated the site to pull Godaddy sales data again after they made a change to their system months ago, and will hopefully be adding Flippa and possibly Dropcatch soon.

I've also added an option to filter sales (and current auctions) by Chinese Premium (no aeiouv) since many people seem to be interested in that category currently.

I hope you continue to find the site useful!

If you need about Namejet, Snapnames, Pheenix and Dropcatch quad pre LLLL .com sale prices data, I can help you.

•••
Excellent update on www.llllsales.com

Thanks for providing such a useful resource.

•••
If you need about Namejet, Snapnames, Pheenix and Dropcatch quad pre LLLL .com sale prices data, I can help you.

I've automated posting sales data from Namejet, Snapnames, Godaddy, and just added DropCatch. Soon I'll add Flippa. The only sales that I can't really automate that need to be manually submitted are forum auctions.

Good idea on the Chi Premium filter. And nice to see GD data being added again.

Might I suggest, in your Price Charts link, to include Chinese Premium minimum price as well? As they seemed to have overtaken even western quad premium minimum prices, I think that would be a great addition.

Yes the charts section is something I've been meaning to update. Should be able to get some better charts including a Chinese premium one up soon.

•••
You could add the "r" in the "Seach" button :)

•••
I'd like to suggest that you discontinue adding ($10) GoDaddy renewal fee to the auction end prices. In fact, I just won an auction there that was not an expired name and was not charged any renewal fee. Therefore, the price shown on your site is not correct.

It is what it is. Final bid is final bid and in my mind, adding the assumed renewal cost is skewing the data, albeit just slightly.

Thoughts?

I've actually been thinking about this lately, and I agree it should probably be changed. When the site first launched, it mostly tracked expired domain auctions from Snapnames, Namejet, and Godaddy. The two former of which included a year's renewal with the winning bid, while Godaddy charged extra (and required it). Back then it made sense to add the GD renewal for the most accurate comparison between marketplaces.

Now many auctions are from resellers and not recently expired, so it no longer makes sense to add it. I will make the change and retroactively subtract $10 from all auctions after Jan 1st 2015 and future additions will simply include final bid price without a renewal fee.

•••
Are those Flippa sales even real? I bid on a few of those domains and all I kept getting no matter how high I bid was reserve not met. So are these confirmed sales with domains exchanging hands or......

The Chinese premium auctions that are approximately 2-300 dollars below every other auction platform site out there. Sad thing is if these are counted they pull down the overall trend of LLLL.coms

Those are mostly sold by classified listings and not auctions.

Perhaps the sellers weren't aware of the market rate.

Well I searched their entire inventory a few days ago and bid at least 600 on every single Chinese premium they had and I didn't win anything. As a matter of fact I have sold on Flippa before and they really didn't force the transaction which left my domain unsold. I just want to know if anyone can confirm whether or not these domains are exchanging hands.

Is there a tool out there someone could recommend? I know there is a tool that searches whois history out there. Thanks!

The sales you are referring to are being reported by Flippa as "Domain Classified Listings" which is where sellers can list domains free and accept/reject offers made, so it seems correct it is likely uninformed sellers letting domains go for less than they might get in an auction. If we are informed that a sale did not complete, we will remove it from our database. The reason we base the "minimum price" on the 5th percentile is to attempt to factor out outliers such as this.

•••
•••
@rpanella Whats up with LLLLsales today? Most of the sales completed in the right column are not making their way to the sold column. Do you know why?

Everything seems to be running fine. Sales aren't always immediately added, it can take anywhere from minutes to hours depending on the venue (this should be improved in the new version of the site I'm working on). Let me know if there's a particular sale that doesn't show up by the end of the day.

•••
I've had some good feedback so far and due to some suggestions have implemented a few new features.

You can now search for specific letters in a specific positions (eg 1st letter A and 3rd letter B). Also I added the ability to search specifically for Triple Letters, Double Repeats, AABB, ABAB, and ABBA patterns.

Try it out and let me know what you think.

•••
rpanella said:
Thanks for helping add the Namepros sales Jeremy. I think it makes sense to add reg fee to domains expiring right away, as it will make the numbers more comparable to other places like Snapnames, Namejet, and TDNAM which include a full year of reg.

Okay. I think Nem0 and I agree on this as well. For Ebay and Namepros purposes, we will add the reg fee to the ending sale if the name expires in 30 days or less. I think this is fair. This is also critical for sales on names that are ranging under the $10 mark. Some low sales don't account for quick expirations, but I would say half of them do. If the name ends for $5 and it has 45 days left, then so be it.

Does anyone else have input on this?

•••
I finally added the first chart to the LLLL.com Price Chart page on the site.

It plots the minimum price for a quad premium each month from Nov 2007 until now, based on all the sales data reported on the site. To calculate the "minimum price" I used the 5th percentile of all quad premium sales for each month. This means that 95% of all quad premiums sold for more than then minimum and 5% sold for less. This was done to filter out anomalies (outliers) to try to give a realistic view.

Let me know what you think.

•••
Ian (username ianmcd) has offered to contribute ebay sales data to LLLLSales.com going forward. So far 3000+ sales have been added from Nov 2009 to now: LLLL.com Sales Data and Price Charts

•••
Hey, great site!
Can you add price charts for other type of domains also, like triple premium, cvcv's etc.
And would be great to see more domains in current auctions.

•••
Thank you for your efforts!
Do you plan to offer banner exchange/advertising on LLLLsales?
I don't plan to run much advertising but may set up a system where people can buy to link to promote their current auction at the top of the page since the site gets a lot of targeted LLLL buyers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back