IT.COM

LLLLSales.com - Feedback, Bugs, Suggestions, etc

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
As many of you who follow the LLLL.com market probably know, the previous resource for LLLL sales data hasn't been updated in months.

In an effort to provide a useful resource to those interested in LLLL.com sales data, I have created a website called LLLLSales.com, at the request of many of the frequent posters in the sales and discussion thread. I have spent a good amount of the last week developing the site and adding sales data from the sales thread here.

Please feel free to try the site out and use this thread as a place to post feedback, bugs, or any suggestions in general for the website.

Next: ShortNames (formerly LLLLSales)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd like to suggest that you discontinue adding ($10) GoDaddy renewal fee to the auction end prices. In fact, I just won an auction there that was not an expired name and was not charged any renewal fee. Therefore, the price shown on your site is not correct.

It is what it is. Final bid is final bid and in my mind, adding the assumed renewal cost is skewing the data, albeit just slightly.

Thoughts?

I've actually been thinking about this lately, and I agree it should probably be changed. When the site first launched, it mostly tracked expired domain auctions from Snapnames, Namejet, and Godaddy. The two former of which included a year's renewal with the winning bid, while Godaddy charged extra (and required it). Back then it made sense to add the GD renewal for the most accurate comparison between marketplaces.

Now many auctions are from resellers and not recently expired, so it no longer makes sense to add it. I will make the change and retroactively subtract $10 from all auctions after Jan 1st 2015 and future additions will simply include final bid price without a renewal fee.

•••
I've actually been thinking about this lately, and I agree it should probably be changed. When the site first launched, it mostly tracked expired domain auctions from Snapnames, Namejet, and Godaddy. The two former of which included a year's renewal with the winning bid, while Godaddy charged extra (and required it). Back then it made sense to add the GD renewal for the most accurate comparison between marketplaces.
Interesting. The marketplace has changed so dramatically. And most winning bids were so low comparative to today, that those fee offsets were much more significant overall.

Thanks for the update and info.

•••
Just came across this website today and love it already!!! :)

•••
the Featured Auction banner is a nice addition....

How does one get an auction featured? :lookaround:

•••
the Featured Auction banner is a nice addition....

How does one get an auction featured? :lookaround:

Planning to let people buy a featured listing for their auctions for $5/day. Right now I have to manually add listings but might set up an order form if there's enough interest.

•••
Here is a riddle, how to automate the auction results to be accurate when LLLL are sold in lots...

for example kgqi shows $626, however it was a lot with more LLLL names . . .

•••
Here is a riddle, how to automate the auction results to be accurate when LLLL are sold in lots...

also KGQI is shown to be sold for $626 but it costed $650 :( buyer has mentioned that seller will cover paypal fees. so inspite of winning at 626.. 650 needs to be paid up

•••

Good point. I didn't realize flippa allowed a lot listed under a particular name. It's a pretty easy fix, similar to how I handle eBay auctions where if the description lists multiple LLLL's I assume it's a lot and discard it. Also realized auctions that end early with buy it now are still listed. I'm currently on vacation but will fix both issues as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks for pointing it out. I really appreciate the feedback.

•••
Is there any way to change the interval of the price charts to a more frequent basis?

•••
Is there any way to change the interval of the price charts to a more frequent basis?
That's what I was going to suggest last week but I figured he was pretty busy with stuff already.

If the charts somehow updated daily, I would visit daily, simple as that.

I also wish there was 'Average' price in the price charts and not just the 'Minimum' based on one low domain sale that month. Average llll QP and CP prices would be awesome to view daily, but sounds like a ton of work, probably requiring automatic removal of outlier sales like dictionary words and such

•••
Featured auction link does not work for me.

When I click on it it opens a new browser tab directed to the auction. BUT .. the original tab is also redirected to the auction instead of staying on LLLL.com.

•••
Weekly updates would be sufficient

Adding an adjustable graph would be awesome, perhaps with the parameters on the left sidebar

•••
Like your site, bro. Thanks.

•••
Great site! Thanks for making it. Helps newbies like me to learn about LLLL prices.

•••

I've written a filter to only record prices for single domain auctions, and bulk lots will no longer be posted to the site. In running it over the past few months of Flippa results, the following sales have been flagged as lots and removed:

fgsw.com https://flippa.com/5190950
mqvh.com https://flippa.com/5213554
uhxm.com https://flippa.com/5100751
kgqi.com https://flippa.com/4951104
xgio.com https://flippa.com/4492857
vpyx.com https://flippa.com/4508465
vuwk.com https://flippa.com/4497451
xwir.com https://flippa.com/4469581
suqy.com https://flippa.com/4423749
dxeo.com https://flippa.com/4438732
foqr.com https://flippa.com/4369007

Featured auction link does not work for me.

When I click on it it opens a new browser tab directed to the auction. BUT .. the original tab is also redirected to the auction instead of staying on LLLL.com.

Thanks for pointing this out. It's been fixed and now the featured auction link will just open the auction in a new tab and the original tab will remain on the page at LLLLSales.com

•••
@rpanella

Few suggestions:

1) Along with Current Auctions, Recent Sales column could be showed besides it

2) Showing sales history of an LLLL, if an LLLL has been sold multiple times, clicking the LLLL would show sales history details

3) Filter by marketplace to see ( GD, Flippa, Ebay, etc) see what price, on avg a name sells for. Will help sellers find best marketplace

4) Daily email, containing list of LLLL sold

5) A separate page for, names auctioned but not sold as reserve was not met, if possible with max bid price and max bid count

Just mentioned this a post ago, but "Thanks" again for making this website :)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for pointing this out. It's been fixed and now the featured auction link will just open the auction in a new tab and the original tab will remain on the page at LLLLSales.com

Works in Chrome .. but not in IE10.

•••
Works in Chrome .. but not in IE10.

Hmm, it seems to work for me in IE11 but I don't have access to 10, what is not working right?

•••
It'd be awesome if more of the LLLL.com sales on NamePros were reported on your site. I saw a few reported on TLDInvestors not long ago, but the majority are going unreported.

•••

That's what I was going to suggest last week but I figured he was pretty busy with stuff already.

If the charts somehow updated daily, I would visit daily, simple as that.

I also wish there was 'Average' price in the price charts and not just the 'Minimum' based on one low domain sale that month. Average llll QP and CP prices would be awesome to view daily, but sounds like a ton of work, probably requiring automatic removal of outlier sales like dictionary words and such

Weekly updates would be sufficient

Adding an adjustable graph would be awesome, perhaps with the parameters on the left sidebar

The reason the charts are only updated bi-weekly (chinese premium) or once a month (quad premium) is because there aren't enough sales each day to get a decent sample size. From day to day, prices can be all over the place based on what domains happen to sell that day. By taking 2 weeks of sales to find the minimum (5th percentile) there are enough sales that the data becomes statistically significant. What I can do to update more often, is provide new data points every couple days based on the previous 14 days of sales, instead of just at the end of each 14 day period. The chart will look very similar, but have additional data points between the current ones so it will appear more "smooth" and of course also have a new data point more often. I should have the new charts up within a couple hours.

Secondly, the idea of charting the average sales price, as you mention, is fairly useless because big outliers can really affect the data. Filtering out english words, end user sales, or prices above a certain threshold isn't very easy because where do you draw the line? A more meaningful metric would be median price, which isn't affected by outliers. But even the median price over time is not super useful because the quality of domains and auction houses they were reported from have varied over the history of our site. Some past months where we have limited data only from Namejet would show a $2000+ median, which was obviously not the case at the time. The "minimum price" (based on 5th percentile) is one of the more useful metrics to a domainer because it shows what the liquid value of your domains if you were forced to sell at auction tomorrow.

•••
It'd be awesome if more of the LLLL.com sales on NamePros were reported on your site. I saw a few reported on TLDInvestors not long ago, but the majority are going unreported.

The tough part about Namepros sales data is that since it's a forum and not an auction system with a datafeed/API the sales figures have to be manually collected. I used to have a couple volunteers help submit sales (pretty easy system where you just paste a list with prices) but unfortunately don't have the time myself to collect on a regular basis. If anyone is tracking sales from Namepros and would be interested in contributing data to LLLLSales.com let me know.

•••
The site now automatically pulls in 4.cn and Sedo auction results, and BuyDomains reported sales, in addition to all the marketplaces (Goddady, Flippa, Ebay, Namejet, Dropcatch) we already report sales from.

•••
The site now automatically pulls in 4.cn and Sedo auction results, and BuyDomains reported sales, in addition to all the marketplaces (Goddady, Flippa, Ebay, Namejet, Dropcatch) we already report sales from.
Great site, couldn't get better than this.

•••
Great additions!

•••
I sold a domain on eBay yesterday evening. Is there a reason why it does not show on your website?
On eBay search for "YIGK" in sold items to find the listing.

My other auctions are usually on your website. Maybe this listing was considered a "multiple domain" because the name is written YIGK.com and yigk.com in the listing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back