IT.COM

LLLLSales.com - Feedback, Bugs, Suggestions, etc

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As many of you who follow the LLLL.com market probably know, the previous resource for LLLL sales data hasn't been updated in months.

In an effort to provide a useful resource to those interested in LLLL.com sales data, I have created a website called LLLLSales.com, at the request of many of the frequent posters in the sales and discussion thread. I have spent a good amount of the last week developing the site and adding sales data from the sales thread here.

Please feel free to try the site out and use this thread as a place to post feedback, bugs, or any suggestions in general for the website.

Next: ShortNames (formerly LLLLSales)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are those Flippa sales even real? I bid on a few of those domains and all I kept getting no matter how high I bid was reserve not met. So are these confirmed sales with domains exchanging hands or......

The Chinese premium auctions that are approximately 2-300 dollars below every other auction platform site out there. Sad thing is if these are counted they pull down the overall trend of LLLL.coms

Those are mostly sold by classified listings and not auctions.

Perhaps the sellers weren't aware of the market rate.

Well I searched their entire inventory a few days ago and bid at least 600 on every single Chinese premium they had and I didn't win anything. As a matter of fact I have sold on Flippa before and they really didn't force the transaction which left my domain unsold. I just want to know if anyone can confirm whether or not these domains are exchanging hands.

Is there a tool out there someone could recommend? I know there is a tool that searches whois history out there. Thanks!

The sales you are referring to are being reported by Flippa as "Domain Classified Listings" which is where sellers can list domains free and accept/reject offers made, so it seems correct it is likely uninformed sellers letting domains go for less than they might get in an auction. If we are informed that a sale did not complete, we will remove it from our database. The reason we base the "minimum price" on the 5th percentile is to attempt to factor out outliers such as this.

•••
Feature Request 1: Price chart of LLLL.com Minimum Price

As I've mentioned before, for several periods in the past we only recorded limited sales (i.e. Namejet auctions of quad premiums) so taking the 5th percentile of all domains would show a price of $xxx simply because we don't have record of the lower sales during that time.

Feature Request 2: LLLL sales of other extensions like .net and new gTLDs

In the future I may expand the site to other niches/extensions.

Feature Request 3: Allow "AND" "OR" operators in search fields - contains, does not contain

This is actually currently possible using a space between letters. The "contains" search with use OR and the "does not contain" uses AND. (for example: does not contain "a e i o u v" would list only Chinese Premium).

Feature Request 4: Allow search by date range / price range, i.e. having min. and max. fields

This is something I may change as well.

Thanks for the suggestions!

•••
Thanks @rpanella for updates and replies.

Feature Request 1: Price chart of LLLL.com Minimum Price
As I've mentioned before, for several periods in the past we only recorded limited sales (i.e. Namejet auctions of quad premiums) so taking the 5th percentile of all domains would show a price of $xxx simply because we don't have record of the lower sales during that time.
Maybe create this chart with data starting from 2015 as we witness the floor inching towards $100? Just like the Chinese premium chart starting from 2013. This will be very useful.

Feature Request 3: Allow "AND" "OR" operators in search fields - contains, does not contain
This is actually currently possible using a space between letters. The "contains" search with use OR and the "does not contain" uses AND. (for example: does not contain "a e i o u v" would list only Chinese Premium).
If AND is allowed in "contains" search and OR is allowed in "does not contain" search, it will make the search more versatile.

Thanks for the suggestions!
You are welcomed. =)

•••
Several new updates to the site to report today:

1) Now that Pheenix runs public auctions we will be monitoring those sales prices and adding them to the database going forward.

2) I've update the search filters so you can now search by price range, date range, and last X days of sales.

3) I've added a (much requested) third chart which is the "minimum price" for all LLLL.com domains. The chart only goes back to July of this year since data before that was not reported consistently enough to have meaningful figures. Now that we track most auction sites this should be useful going forward.

4) Speaking of the charts, I also added a 10th percentile line (10% of reported sales were below this price) in addition to the 5th percentile. Many people have mentioned that recently some lowball classified sales at Flippa were "bringing the minimum down" while prices seemed to be rising at other auction venues. Adding the 10th percentile gives a little more insight into the bottom of the market.

•••
The checkbox "Chinese Premium" is not working anymore.

•••
The checkbox "Chinese Premium" is not working anymore.

Might just be an issue with your browser caching an old version of the javascript. Reload and let me know if it's still not working.

•••
Might just be an issue with your browser caching an old version of the javascript. Reload and let me know if it's still not working.
Yes its ok. I don't know why it did not work earlier.

•••
I did a search today.

I put a "Y" in the 3 spot and I only check VCCC. No results.
I put a "Y" in the 3 spot and I only check VCVC. No results.

This is not correct.
Below names should be returned by one of these searches :
asyt.com $535.00 9/21/2015 NameJet
ekyc.com $200.00 9/21/2015 GoDaddy
egyd.com $155.50 9/16/2015 Ebay
ebyq.com $187.50 9/14/2015 Ebay
enyg.com $162.00 9/13/2015 GoDaddy
ipyg.com $188.00 9/12/2015 GoDaddy

•••
I did a search today.

This is not correct.

I just tried the same, and it is working fine for me.

Y in 3 spot with VCCC checked brings up 798 results.
Y in 3 spot with VCVC checked brings up 0 results (because he does not count Y as a vowel probably, at least not in the 3 spot. It is ok at 2 spot or 4 spot as a vowel)

•••
yeah working now.. i guess i didnt check VCCC correctly .. sorry.

•••
yeah working now.. i guess i didnt check VCCC correctly .. sorry.
Don't sorry us Dom, you messed up and messed up badly.
Time to atone for your mistakes. You know our Paypal..

In seriousness. Good job on the added features, Russell. :-$

•••
SUGGESTION

As there are around 10x more LLLL.com sales than Quad Premium LLLL.com sales, and around 3x more LLLL.com sales than Chinese Premium LLLL.com sales, I will like to suggest that each point on the LLLL.com Minimum Price chart to base on 3-5 days of sales instead of 14 days of sales.

•••
I did a search today.

This is not correct.
Below names should be returned by one of these searches :
asyt.com $535.00 9/21/2015 NameJet
ekyc.com $200.00 9/21/2015 GoDaddy
egyd.com $155.50 9/16/2015 Ebay
ebyq.com $187.50 9/14/2015 Ebay
enyg.com $162.00 9/13/2015 GoDaddy
ipyg.com $188.00 9/12/2015 GoDaddy

I just tried the same, and it is working fine for me.

Y in 3 spot with VCCC checked brings up 798 results.
Y in 3 spot with VCVC checked brings up 0 results (because he does not count Y as a vowel probably, at least not in the 3 spot. It is ok at 2 spot or 4 spot as a vowel)

Yeah it seems to be working as it should. For most patterns, Y is considered a consonant so it there won't be any results for VCVC with Y in the 3rd position.

However, it is treated special with CVCV domains. The Y can either be a consonant or a vowel, but not both (except for the case where it's at the beginning and end).

For example: YADO, PYTA, YITY, ZYDY all come up under a CVCV search while BOYY PYYD YYED do not.

•••
Hey Russell, why are there two sales posted yesterday for wldd.com at Dropcatch, and for different amounts? ($1810 and $1410)

•••
Hey Russell, why are there two sales posted yesterday for wldd.com at Dropcatch, and for different amounts? ($1810 and $1410)

First one appears to be an error. We record the prices as auctions end, and it looks like it accidentally recorded it even though the auction was extended with a last min bid, and then we recorded the price when it actually ended. Higher price is correct and I've removed the other. Thanks for the heads up!

•••
Oh ok. I remember the sale but couldn't remember if the end price was the higher or lower number.

•••
SUGGESTION

As there are around 10x more LLLL.com sales than Quad Premium LLLL.com sales, and around 3x more LLLL.com sales than Chinese Premium LLLL.com sales, I will like to suggest that each point on the LLLL.com Minimum Price chart to base on 3-5 days of sales instead of 14 days of sales.

You bring up a good point. I've changed it to 7 days worth of sales (that's what I had originally planned but for some reason set it to 14), so it should now show a better idea of "current" prices. Expect a pretty big jump when the chart updates with a new data point tonight. ;)

•••
Congrats on your shout-out by Elliot today! I love the tool myself!

•••
Just went to check sales at LLLLSales.com for today and saw this..

nuH9nsQ.jpg

Christmas started early this year, at least for someone :)

•••
Lol toys.com funny i wish i would garb even for 100k

•••
•••
•••
Wait for Santa with big gift box.

•••
I would pay at least $7.50 for toys.com

•••
I would pay at least $7.50 for toys.com

Even with 1 bad Chinese letter and one bad English letter, with current LLLL prices you should be able to flip for it at least $150 no problem!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back