Dynadot

LLL.us

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
How are 3L.us doing right now?

I have one CP expiring in a few days and I'm not sure if I should renew it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How are 3L.us doing right now?

I have one CP expiring in a few days and I'm not sure if I should renew it.
Not too long ago lll.us we're dropping like crazy. Not now though. There is and will be value, but liquidity will take a very long time in my opinion. I purchased one word domains in .us and if need be I can develop and monetize myself. That would be difficult to do with a random lll.us. but end users are just around the corner when the lll dot coms go to China and the US businesses are left with their second choice. imo... disclaimer: I also own a few lll.us domain names.

•••
Transfer to namesilo is $7 so I think I will do that and see how things are next year...

•••
I think especially for an lll type of name you should be proactive and reach out to end users that would be interested in the LLL you have especially if you're planning on just keeping it for a year.

•••
I doubt if CHIP LLL.us will be of much value, given that the .us space is so restricted.

•••
I doubt if CHIP LLL.us will be of much value, given that the .us space is so restricted.
Chips are just lll.us without vowels, they are not dependent on chinese buyers. Many of the most popular three letter acronyms in America are what you would consider chips. Another factor that makes three letter acronyms more desirable in this space is the registry does not allow two letters. Oh and last but not least China is now holding many 3 letter dot coms American companies will not have the option to buy so they will need to look for another extension. Of some lll.us will be more valuable than others. I'm sure you have been monitoring the drops and have noticed the difference lately. Like China you register the best and work your way down. I own wls.us for example, you will find quite a long list of companies large and small that also use that acronym. Do I really have to ask someone if that has value ? Not too long ago nnn.us was laughed at and ignored when people asked for appraisals, Those names are ALL liquid now.

•••
Sorry accidental copy of last post

Last edited:
•••
I like LLL.us, but yes, they dont currently seem "hot". but domaining is not always about today, its about the future.

•••
Chips are just lll.us without vowels, they are not dependent on chinese buyers. Many of the most popular three letter acronyms in America are what you would consider chips. Another factor that makes three letter acronyms more desirable in this space is the registry does not allow two letters. Oh and last but not least China is now holding many 3 letter dot coms American companies will not have the option to buy so they will need to look for another extension. Of some lll.us will be more valuable than others. I'm sure you have been monitoring the drops and have noticed the difference lately. Like China you register the best and work your way down. I own wls.us for example, you will find quite a long list of companies large and small that also use that acronym. Do I really have to ask someone if that has value ? Not too long ago nnn.us was laughed at and ignored when people asked for appraisals, Those names are ALL liquid now.

I should have added that .us would probably not appeal to the Chinese market because of the restriction.

.us still offers value!

•••
I should have added that .us would probably not appeal to the Chinese market because of the restriction.

.us still offers value!
But do you think chinese in US could kickstart serious demand for .us? lol.just curious..

•••
But do you think chinese in US could kickstart serious demand for .us? lol.just curious..
Looking at expireddomains.net I haven't seen any expire for a while. Looking at some recent regs they are from non us residents so who knows what will happen with China

•••

No, because the strict Nexus restrictions imposed on .us will keep most Chinese investors and other non U.S. investors away:

Restrictions on use of .us domains
Under .us nexus requirements, .us domains may be registered only by the following qualified entities:

-- Any United States citizen or resident

-- Any United States entity, such as organizations or corporations

-- Any foreign entity or organization with a bona fide presence in the United States
To ensure that these requirements are met, Neustar frequently conducts "spot checks" on registrant information.

To prevent anonymous registrations that do not meet these requirements, in 2005 the National Telecommunications and Information Administration ruled that registrants of .us domains may not secure private domain name registration via anonymizing proxies, and that their contact information must be made public.[11]Registrants are required to provide complete contact information without omissions.[12]

Under the locality namespace, delegated managers may impose additional requirements.[3] For example, the Texas Regional Hostmaster restricts each of its delegated localities to organizations that have a mailing address in that locality.[13]

Those restrictions won't stop everyone, of course, but the registry has been known to claw back expensive domains; for example, note the sad saga of star-crossed Video.us:

So most potential non-U.S. registrants would probably shy away.

•••

I misread your question.

If Chinese nationals who reside in the U.S. decide to invest, they probably would not be enough to kick-start interest among their Chinese relatives and friends in China.

I'm not sure how Nexus would view proxy U.S. addresses -- probably not well (although I cannot speak for Nexus).

:)

•••
I was selling 3L .us on ebay for $20 to $25. when i have only 2 3L chips and 1 western left. I realise this. D-:
CI05EB6.png

•••
•••
@Shams, how
I misread your question.

If Chinese nationals who reside in the U.S. decide to invest, they probably would not be enough to kick-start interest among their Chinese relatives and friends in China.

I'm not sure how Nexus would view proxy U.S. addresses -- probably not well (although I cannot speak for Nexus).

I agree with you, but the Chinese investing heavily in LLL and llll in .com and other extensions help move things along a bit faster imo.[/QUOTE]

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back