IT.COM

Is the market still good for Buying and Selling Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Yea. I am new to buying and selling domains...I have tried with no luck..except maybe $1.25 in clicks...But I am not sure whats the best way..

Buying and Selling.
Parking on like Sedo.
Creating an Adsence site.
or ??

I am not looking to make millions or nothing but I would like to make something for my time...I am starting to think that there isn't any money in this anymore. Can anybody out there who's made good money in this business throw me a bone and give me a lead..If your really good I may be willing to even pay you for your time if you can guarantee me that what you show me will lead to an income I can build on.

Thanks for your time..
Regards,
Jeff.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.. Don't go with the herd. They're broke. I once read a thread with 2 or 3 long time Namepro members discussing a name that available to hand register that had a huge search volume according to Google. They were discussing how Google sometime gives the wrong info (true) and how this name couldn't possible have those numbers (maybe true-maybe not). They were all too smart to risk $8 to register the name, so I went a got it myself. I later sold it to another domainer for around $600, and he was very happy with the purchase.

This is not something you can learn overnight. There's no magic formula, though some people seem to figure it out very quickly (not me). If you've been at it for 2 years with no sale, there's really no excuse for that. Sell them on Ebay if you have to. Without sales, you'll have no idea whether you're buying crap or good stuff - and you'll end up kidding yourself that your domains are an "investment."

Read and study all you can. And sell stuff, even if you're not getting top dollar at first. You need to get in the game. ..

solid advice! well cited. :imho:

•••
New But Own Hundreds of Domains

I have been buying domains for years, many for my own interests. Along the way I have sold a few small domains cheap and 2 I sold when someone contacted me, I was not using and sold them. I know I got more than I paid but I still sold relatively cheap, $300 and $600 for very good .com's I owned for years.

Bottom line is I want to sell about 200 names, all what I consider good names. There is so much conflicting info. about where to sell, how to develop etc.

To seel the most domains at the best price what is the best sites to do so?

Thanks for your answeres and I look forward to becomming apart of this wonderful community.

•••
I have been buying domains for years, many for my own interests. Along the way I have sold a few small domains cheap and 2 I sold when someone contacted me, I was not using and sold them. I know I got more than I paid but I still sold relatively cheap, $300 and $600 for very good .com's I owned for years.

Bottom line is I want to sell about 200 names, all what I consider good names. There is so much conflicting info. about where to sell, how to develop etc.

Thanks for your answeres and I look forward to becomming apart of this wonderful community.

Welcome to Namepros!! And I hope you enjoy your stay here!!

List your domains at Afternic and Sedo. Also, you can use your signature in NP to "market" what you are selling. You can put up a link (if it's not parked).

Instead of placing a fixed price on your domains, rather list them for negotiation so that you can counter offers you receive, that way you will get an idea of what the buyer values the domain as. Sometimes we can put $1000 value on a domain, and someone comes along and offers you $2000. In this case, you would be happy, but then you could even counter that offer, say $2300, and he might accept. This does happen. So that's why I refrain from fixed prices if the domain name is really good.

Of course, the opposite is true as well, they might low ball you-but then you do not have to accept. You don't lose anything.

Nubiano :wave:

•••
Are you planning on listing any here?

•••
Where is your list?

Where is a list of your domains you have that you may unload. Including a url is always good to draw potential buyers!

I too have a few for grabs you can see my listing at,
http://www.a2zdotcoms.com/domainsonsale.html

thanks in advance for list

•••
PS: if you buy .co domains or [insert overhyped extension here] you will very likely be left holding the bag. Almost nobody outside domaining circles knows about .co, and there is a little demand.

I saw a godaddy auction where imbd.co (not even imdb.co) sold for over $7k. I think getting in there whilst the hype's good can work to your advantage, but again you have to know what's worth buying.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back