Dynadot

Hello Everyone, New Member Here!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

XoticNYC

Impact
Greetings Everyone, how are you all doing:xf.smile:👋?

My name is XoticNYC and I am interested in selling a few of my domains: I am also taking my time to learn all that I can about selling/buying domain names.

I have a question for everyone: Are domain names with the word covid still sellable? If so, can I post them for sale here or are there other platforms that would allow for them to be sold?

I know that Afternic, Namecheap and SnapNames don't allow covid domain names to be sold on their platform.

Looking forward to hearing back from everyone!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello and welcome to nps! I had 50+ covid/corona names and sold a few in the early days...I've let about 40 drop in the last several months...only holding a couple now.

Buying trend names can be lucrative, only if you get in at the very start. Although we will likely have to deal with covid flu's until the end of time, another pandemic specific to corona is unlikely in the short term.

•••
Hello and welcome to nps! I had 50+ covid/corona names and sold a few in the early days...I've let about 40 drop in the last several months...only holding a couple now.

Buying trend names can be lucrative, only if you get in at the very start. Although we will likely have to deal with covid flu's until the end of time, another pandemic specific to corona is unlikely in the short term.
Thank you for responding to my inquiry Mister Funsky! I have had the covid domain names for a few years and wanted to unload them, unfortunately I missed out on doing so earlier but would still like to sell them if possible.

•••
ADDITIONAL INFO: I have had all of my domain names appraised and am trying to decide if it's best to either post them up for sale or auction?

•••
•••
•••
I have had all of my domain names appraised and am trying to decide if it's best to either post them up for sale or auction?
There are both appraisal threads and sales/auction threads here. The reality to face is that most all here are resellers...you can only expect to get 5-10% of retail value. I decided to not mess with trying to sell them here but if I had, I would have bundled them and put a fixed price...you can attempt auction later if needed.

•••
There are both appraisal threads and sales/auction threads here. The reality to face is that most all here are resellers...you can only expect to get 5-10% of retail value. I decided to not mess with trying to sell them here but if I had, I would have bundled them and put a fixed price...you can attempt auction later if needed.
Good morning Mister Funsky and thank you for this helpful tip... I will definitely consider/think on these options(y)

•••
Hello,

Welcome to NamePros!

Here are some links that may help you navigate the forum.

We have many resources that are designed to help you get started:

Domain Name Discussions is the most popular place in the entire industry to discuss domains with domainers and ask questions.

Additionally, the following guides will help you navigate the marketplace to sell your domains:
  • The Marketplace Guide will help you with listing your domains for sale on NamePros.
  • The Domain Name Listing Guide will help explain the different sections on NamePros for domain sales and how to use them.
  • The Auction Guide will help walk you through starting an auction on NamePros.
Last but not least, please check out our brief welcome guide that shows you all the great resources we have on NamePros:

NamePros Resources Guide

Please feel free to contact us anytime if you need anything. I'm always happy to help and answer any questions that you may have.

I look forward to seeing you around!

•••
cartoon-military-general-salute.jpg

•••
Greetings Everyone, how are you all doing:xf.smile:👋?

My name is XoticNYC and I am interested in selling a few of my domains: I am also taking my time to learn all that I can about selling/buying domain names.

I have a question for everyone: Are domain names with the word covid still sellable? If so, can I post them for sale here or are there other platforms that would allow for them to be sold?

I know that Afternic, Namecheap and SnapNames don't allow covid domain names to be sold on their platform.

Looking forward to hearing back from everyone!

Hi XoticNYC! Selling domain names with the word "covid" can be challenging due to restrictions on some platforms. However, you can explore alternative marketplaces like Sedo, Flippa, or GoDaddy Auctions, which may allow the sale of such domains. Additionally, you could consider reaching out to potential buyers directly or using domain name forums and communities to advertise your domains. Best of luck with your sales!

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back