Is namesilo frontrunning

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

robert widener

Established Member
Impact
just so you all know .... namesilo is frontrunning , checked a domain yesterday & today i went to get it & it's gone ...... guess who owns it NAMESILO . so dont be checking any domains at namesilo because if you dont buy it right then it may be gone the next day . does president michael goldfarb have an account here ? ...would he like to respond ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I stopped using the expired auction area long time ago. It used to be a good place to score some old names, but the system is being used to much. Its like an appraisal, using our money.
Time is money too. Your still #1 namesilo

•••
circumstantial evidence at best. Take some screenshots of searches and then when they are registered, then we will see. Video works too (but then with privacy...)
Namesilo is still best registrar by far

Had someone bid on a name with 2 hours left expiring 2 nights ago. Got email notifying me, but I let it drop.

I have renewed with minutes left, recently. Not at namesilo, but people do that too,often

•••
Similar situation just happened to me earlier today; placed a max bid on a domain < 1 hour prior it completely expiring and now its suddenly renewed and parked with Undeveloped; will investigate privately ...

*Not saying this is the case, but the chance of the previous owner to (finally) renew < 1 hour prior a VERY LONG expiration cycle is strange. Perhaps NameSilo pushes redemption fee's if bids are placed with hopes to rake in expensive revivals of expired domains? No matter how you slice it, something is off here.

**Not accusing anyone.... yet.

Names of mine that expire there get emails sent out to me the minute a bid is placed. I then have to decide to renew and keep or let it go via the auction. This can happen in as little as 30 days after expiration where the name gets a bid and is gone from my grasp.

I think a lot of us domainers have smart phones too and can check emails anytime and renew if needed.

•••
just so you all know .... namesilo is frontrunning , checked a domain yesterday & today i went to get it & it's gone ...... guess who owns it NAMESILO . so dont be checking any domains at namesilo because if you dont buy it right then it may be gone the next day . does president michael goldfarb have an account here ? ...would he like to respond ?
Just saw this ,without reading further or comments from anyone else ,namesilo is by far the best registra out there ,actually if you said that happened at godaddy ,id say maybe ,,but not that godaddy front runs either,but what I find godaddy does do is ,they would recommend a domain to anyone else that wanted a sililar domain. So if I punched up cryingdomainer.comand it was not available they may give me something that you was looking at but never regged such as Crybabydomainer.com so if your going to buy a domain just buy it.

Last edited:
•••
@ Robert - If you have no proof of them front-running maybe you should try getting back to your life and not wasting it posting unsubstantiated claims here.

Also, I've never had a name snatched from me when checking it at Namesilo for availability. Some I would come back to a few days later and reg it there with no problem.

•••
I had to read your opening post again, before you edit it with edited
What your saying is you searched a name for hand reg, it was available to book. You didn’t book, someone beat you to the punch. Next day, or way people Ęxagerate, 2 months later...
Namesilo is very popular, if i was gonna reg a .com right now, thats the place i would do it.

Why are more than half the posts you have made, other threads, even your third post way back says edit?

•••
just called namesilo & left a message . gave them my name & number / e-mail to give to president michael goldfarb to contact me .

•••

can you post the WHOIS info?

•••
happens on other registers too. not sure if its a register or just a program watching what people search for and then gets registered in hopes to sell it to you.

•••
•••

What was the domain name

•••
Hello,

To be perfectly blunt, this accusation is an outright lie. We have never, would never and will never engage in front-running. We do not even log domain searches. We have been active on NamePros for quite some time, and I would venture to guess not even one other person has ever had this happen. We do not appreciate having our name tarnished with accusations such as this on a public forum. The OP cannot offer any proof as it is not possible to prove something that has not happened.
I do not think he has proof to back up his claims.

BTW, has the $6.99 and $5.99 domain promo ended? I tried to buy a domain name at namesilo today and I am seeing $8.99 why?

•••
When a domain you want is available best thing to do is hand-reg it! Namesilo doesn't seem to front-running but there may be a leak that shows what domains are searched for to anyone watching.

•••
Never experienced such on Namesilo

•••
i never did hear back from namesilo president michael goldfarb & doesn't marthak bring up an interesting point about when a domain in question being suddenly gone "why is it always regged at the registrar where person looked up domain name at & never some other registry " the registrars like to tell us it's always a coincidence but nobody else finds it .... oh i dont know ....ODD. has anyone else noticed that namesilo or any other registrar reps are so EERILY QUIET & have avoided this remark like the plague

Last edited:
•••
He should ask for his money back.. :arghh:

•••
many people have brought up an intersting point .... " what is the name ? " ..... has anyone else noticed that robert widener & marthak (he & himself) are so EERILY QUIET & have avoided this question like the plague ? i don't now what there is to hide ? .....ODD.
not giving out name , i think it's pretty clear genius ? , hoping name becomes available again . last thing i need is a million other domainers checking / looking for name to become available . something to hide ? .... something odd going on ? ...NO to both questions , just smart that's all .

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Since you and her have the exact same unique quirks in your writing style, I'm guessing she doesn't exist.

Putting an empty space before punctuation marks , SPORADICALLY CAPITALIZING words and phrases..

Show attachment 75988

If you're going to slander a company, at least pick one that doesn't do everything right.
lol , i guess it's a coincidence huh . why not , anything is possible . you believe the registrars when they tell you that so why not give me the benefit of the doubt ?

•••
I see that supposed duplicate account poster has been banned from previous page arca pointed out
Whats the story behind that @Eric Lyon ?
Was that @robert widener playing little games while he makes false accusations against namesilo?

Namesilo is #1 in my books for sure
Dont believe the op lies
not banned from page . maybe you should think about getting another avatar because you certainly don't have a clue .

•••
i changed the title of the thread because that's what it was supposed to be in the first place . i made a mental error in typing the title & should have been paying more attention & i apologize for that . i didn't realize that thread titles can be changed within a certain time limit until it was pointed out to me .

•••
•••
namesilo may be frontrunning , checked a domain & went back to get it & it's gone . so check domain names at your own risk if you use a registrar's website because if you don't buy it right then it may be gone very soon after your search .

Last edited:
•••
i tried to edit the first post in this thread , wasn't able too .

Last edited:
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back