Is namesilo frontrunning

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

robert widener

Established Member
Impact
just so you all know .... namesilo is frontrunning , checked a domain yesterday & today i went to get it & it's gone ...... guess who owns it NAMESILO . so dont be checking any domains at namesilo because if you dont buy it right then it may be gone the next day . does president michael goldfarb have an account here ? ...would he like to respond ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

To be perfectly blunt, this accusation is an outright lie. We have never, would never and will never engage in front-running. We do not even log domain searches. We have been active on NamePros for quite some time, and I would venture to guess not even one other person has ever had this happen. We do not appreciate having our name tarnished with accusations such as this on a public forum. The OP cannot offer any proof as it is not possible to prove something that has not happened.

•••
Proof or thread should be deleted imo

•••
@Eric Lyon - It appears that the user @marthak signed up to NamePros, made this one post, and then got banned. Could you let us know why this user got banned?

Any connection to @robert widener (OP)? Their writing style is exactly the same, with "...." instead of periods, spaces before and after different forms of punctuation "word ? " instead of "word? " and "word . " instead of "word. ", certain words in all caps to provide emphasis, no capital letter when starting new sentences, "&" instead of "and", and so on. And of course, there is the fact that they opened this NP account just to emotionally defend OP's frontrunning accusation (an assertion that OP has yet to provide any evidence to support).

Because @marthak and @robert widener's writing is exactly the same, I suspect @marthak is a shilling account opened by @robert widener to support his own accusation against NameSilo. I assume that is why his second account was banned. Can you please confirm or deny this @Eric Lyon?

Last edited:
•••
@robert widener - At least post the domain to provide some kind of evidence that the domain was hand regged by namesilo today.
r.png

Why do you keep checking the thread without providing any evidence to back up your serious frontrunning accusations?

Personally I've never experienced anything resembling frontrunning at NameSilo.

•••
Sound like a classic case of "I had the shot Tony and I blew it"
still...
Nobody can ensure 100% that their search data will not be observed by those with bad intentions. Personally I think it happens more than registrars want to imagine but magnitudes much less than users think.

How much is that exactly? Well we may never known for sure but you can be 100% sure you did not contribute to any leak by simply remembering that if you are going to play, play with your cards close to your chest and leave the searching for when you are ready to make the purchase.

Personally I think it is not probable that this claim is accurate but it doesn't mean that something similar is impossible or that it never happens. Despite the reality or non-reality of this particular case we should remember to practice safer reg.

Hello. Thanks for your post, and I'll provide a little insight into how searches work (at least with our company). Searches on our site go directly to the registries over EPP in a very secure transmission. The results are returned in the same method and displayed on our site as such. There is nowhere in that process in which an "outsider" could see what was being searched for. As noted above, we also do not even log domain searches. Therefore, what the OP has reported, at least in the case of our registrar, can be nothing more than a coincidence or, less likely, some type of vulnerability in their system/browser/network.

We understand it is frustrating when things like this happen. We have always tried to provide a service free of harmful activity such as this so that our brand can be trusted. It is unfortunate that other registrars have engaged in tactics like front-running since it opens our entire industry to speculation that it happens everywhere.

•••
He is thinking that he is alone in this domaining world, many time it's happened if you have your eyes on a name and you just run out of luck then someone will register it.

Namesilo has free privacy enabled on every domain and that is the main reason of him believing namesilo is front-running, which is total lie in my opinion.

Last edited:
•••
Hard to feel bad for ya when you act like a prick :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Doing a great job @namesilo , keep up the great work!

•••
thanks for keeping tabs buddy , lol . because what i wrote originally might have namesilo lawyers sending me more nasty threatening e-mails . when i started this thread they were not very happy . i contacted namesilo president ....even left a message for him on his answering machine at the time to contact me by e-mail or phone , did i hear anything from him NO ( dude couldnt take a few minutes too talk or send an e-mail) ? ..yeah namesilo really cares about their customers

You already got responses from a NameSilo rep in this thread. President probably has more important stuff to deal with than unsubstantiated claims. Again, no proof on your part, didn't post the name. And people can check your claims for themselves. They can do this now and post their results in the coming days.

•••
I do not think he has proof to back up his claims.

BTW, has the $6.99 and $5.99 domain promo ended? I tried to buy a domain name at namesilo today and I am seeing $8.99 why?

Yeah, sorry, the promo ended yesterday :(

We will likely have some more com/net registration promos early in 2018.

•••
lol , of course you don't do it ..... godaddy doesn't do it , you don't do it , (name of registry) doesn't do it .....NOBODY DOES IT ? yet we all know it's going on , anybody remember the fan duel / draftkings scandal where employees had inside information & was winning contests & some of them walked away with hundreds of thousands of dollars before being busted ? . wether it's the registries holding back ( as in DOMAIN TASTING ) or an employee regging or the selling of domain searches or a leak somewhere that 's being seen in" real time " something is going on , their's alot of money involved when it comes to domains ....let's be honest , no matter how much the registries scream at the top of their lungs " WE DON'T FRONTRUN DOMAINS " while trying not to laugh we all have to wonder if their telling us the truth . & can namesilo or any other registry tell us why when someone complains about a domain that they searched for is suddenly gone ...WHY IS IT ALWAYS regged at the registry where the individual looked the domain up at ? I KNOW ... I KNOW ...IT'S A COINCIDENCE , funny how it's never regged at some other registry . something for everyone to think about . i think namescost said it best "practice safe regging "

The thread starter never came back to update thread. Never mentioned the name so others can take a look.

•••
Watching thread to see how eric handles this duplicate account issue. Close both accounts
Clean this place up

And this thread should be killed and deleted, namesilo is best their is, just have a whiny domainer tarnishing a company's rep

Last edited:
•••
DynaDot and GoDaddy have recently tried to implement changes to make more expired domain auctions complete, and not have owners intentionally let domains expire just to renew them at the last moment.

At name.com, we receive expired domain purchases instantly upon purchase (they deliver 100% of won expired auctions).

Have you considered changing your expired domain auctions system? For example, instead of running a 25 day auction, how about doing 5 day or 10 day auctions starting on day 26, where the domain will always be delivered to buyer? Or extending the auction time to 30 days, where former owners can only renew the domain on the first 25 days? Right now the system is set up in a way so that more domains that get bids get renewed than what I have seen on any other platform.

Sending notification emails to former owners telling them that their domain is getting bid on also seems to invite domainers to let their names expire to let the market determine whether any of them have value, and then renew all of those that get bids. Many users are clearly abusing the system to let the "crowd" determine which of their domains are perceived to have value, and then proceed to renew all of those. I saw one guy let something like 30 domains based around a new tech expire. I bid on two of them. He renewed those two and let the other 28 that didn't get bids expire. There is a lot of activity like this. Also, domainers let valuable domains expire, they get bid on ($X,XXX), and then renewed at the last moment. This is just a way of drawing attention to their domains, in the hopes that the same people bidding will come to them after they have renewed the domain and attempt to acquire it from them privately. All these games played by people who let their domain expire with the intention of renewing them wastes a lot of time for legit bidders who spend time researching and bidding on these expired domains.

Thanks for the notes everyone. We understand that the way we run our expired domain auctions can have the consequences as listed above. Our goal is to try to strike a balance between ensuring Registrants have a long grace period in which to renew and also so that buyers can purchase domains that Registrants do truly want to abandon. Changing policies is therefore a catch-22 for us. If we do not notify Registrants when bids are placed and/or shorten the time they have to renew post-expiration, then it will anger Registrants who missed renewal for one reason or another. I can tell you that our most negative customer interactions are with Registrants who do not renew their domains on time and lose them to auction or into the restoration period (even though we offer a very long grace period, multiple reminders, an auto-renewal system, etc.). On the other hand, we understand the frustration of buyers who bid on domains only to see them renewed.

We are always interested in ways to improve and will revisit this issue internally.

Thanks again

•••
•••
Why do you keep editing your posts? You started this thread in December and still haven't backed up your claim with anything real. And you do realize anybody here can simply check for themselves? Try some names, come back in a few days and check. I did and the names were still available.

You have 4 of these in the last 30 minutes:
edited

Last edited:
•••
Big accusation, big world, could it be under privacy?

Name the name so people can verify

•••
Last edited:
•••
just so you all know .... namesilo is frontrunning , checked a domain yesterday & today i went to get it & it's gone ...... guess who owns it NAMESILO . so dont be checking any domains at namesilo because if you dont buy it right then it may be gone the next day . does president michael goldfarb have an account here ? ...would he like to respond ?

I think it's just a coincidence. Namesilo is a great registrar, it's hard to imaging that they would do such things. Moreover, all good names were registered long time ago, so it does not make any sense to track which names get checked.

•••
A registrar receives likely tenths of thousands of domain availability requests per day.

What makes that specific request (domain name) so special that it can be separated from the others and be registered before OP had a chance to do so ?

I find it is technically not feasible.

•••
I see that supposed duplicate account poster has been banned from previous page arca pointed out
Whats the story behind that @Eric Lyon ?
Was that @robert widener playing little games while he makes false accusations against namesilo?

Namesilo is #1 in my books for sure
Dont believe the op lies

•••
i never did hear back from namesilo president michael goldfarb & doesn't marthak bring up an interesting point about when a domain in question being suddenly gone "why is it always regged at the registrar where person looked up domain name at & never some other registry " the registrars like to tell us it's always a coincidence but nobody else finds it .... oh i dont know ....ODD. has anyone else noticed that namesilo or any other registrar reps are so EERILY QUIET & have avoided this remark like the plague
many people have brought up an intersting point .... " what is the name ? " ..... has anyone else noticed that robert widener & marthak (he & himself) are so EERILY QUIET & have avoided this question like the plague ? i don't now what there is to hide ? .....ODD.

•••
Well, if you won't tell us, maybe @marthak will LOL.

•••
lol , maybe you can ask her .

Since you and her have the exact same unique quirks in your writing style, I'm guessing she doesn't exist.

Putting an empty space before punctuation marks , SPORADICALLY CAPITALIZING words and phrases..

marthak.png

If you're going to slander a company, at least pick one that doesn't do everything right.

•••
This thread is a waste of time. I mean, you could at least post the whois record with relevant dates and timestamps even while omitting the domain name.

•••
Glad to see everyone commenting in support of Namesilo. When you have time, Please delete this thread @Eric Lyon or @Kenny or other mods. Namesilo is really responsive especially here look how fast they defended this on Namepros and a great company that most people myself included give the recommendations routinely, they are in this unsubstaniated accusation run amok. I have registered hundreds and checked at least a thousand names this past year and use their whois after I log in all the time. Everyday in fact, I use it and never had an issue.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back