IT.COM

poll Is it spam for some to ask xxx,xxx or even 1 million+ for a domain on NamePros?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is it spam for some to ask xxx,xxx or even 1 million+ for a domain on namepros? Should it be allowed

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
I'm curious as I've even seen some 3 million dollar starts on here, and very common to see xxx,xxx starts on domains worth xx - xxx to average reseller.
Is it spam for some to ask xxx,xxx or even 1 million+ for a domain on namepros?
Should namepros make a rule against excessive opening bid prices?
Another question, Do you think people who do such high starts as xxx,xxx or more really expect the bidders on here to actually get a bid?
Is, it a sham for them to try and drive traffic to there site by putting high starts?
Again, should it be allowed?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One example is some on here has been offering single letter .company domains so a new gtld and doing 1 million dollar starts, he of course bumps dozens of times and get's no bids.

•••
I suspect these are noobs who don't know what they are doing, rather than people who know their domains are shit. I was this naive when I started out and asked $xxx prices for worthless domains. I was always ignored. Of course, yours is a worse example.

I don't think anyone reputable does that or anyone who knows what they are doing. Probably people who read up on domaining and saw that they could earn a million dollars from a single domain sale.

•••
•••
It's not spam, just wishful thinking and the delusion of grandeur syndrome - we have all been there and have a signed T shirt. (or 2)....:xf.smile: maybe not in the million dollar range (that takes some serious silver lining thinking) but everyone overprices their names to start with.

Then the renewal reality starts to kick in 6/9 months later , your sweating. thinking what do I do? You know what... My $1,000,0000 domain has not sold - sh@t I better put it on a $10 BIN and hope someone grabs this bargain so I can re invest in the next million pound pipe dream and hope someone sensible sees the light on my next great idea..... :xf.eek:

Rinse and repeat.........

•••
It's not spam, just wishful thinking and the delusion of grandeur syndrome - we have all been there and have a signed T shirt. (or 2)....:xf.smile: maybe not in the million dollar range (that takes some serious silver lining thinking) but everyone overprices their names to start with.

Then the renewal reality starts to kick in 6/9 months later , your sweating. thinking what do I do? You know what... My $1,000,0000 domain has not sold - sh@t I better put it on a $10 BIN and hope someone grabs this bargain so I can re invest in the next million pound pipe dream and hope someone sensible sees the light on my next great idea..... :xf.eek:

Rinse and repeat.........
Bad domains should never be renewed in my opinion, and many of the domains listed for thousands or even 1 million are bad domains. I agree sometimes they are going to drop a domain they once thought to be worth tons of dollars because of renewal time.

•••
I don't care if its spam or not
but it sure keeps my ignore list going ;)

•••
well theres namejet, sedo, and godaddy, then there is domain forums.

•••
He is not a spammer, he is a day-dreammer. He already paid $400+ renewals for each one of his 1-letters-domains.. too much money wasted..

•••
@Almarri.Company
You should click here to read to know the answers for your domains

•••
His names have a better chance of selling for a million than most of the names on here even selling.
If he wants to set unrealistic numbers, it doesn't bother me.
As for to much money wasted, your just doing it in smaller chunks lol

•••
His names have a better chance of selling for a million than most of the names on here even selling.
If you mean me, I didnt waste money, I got much more than I paid for my domains.
And yes, he wasted a lot of money for renewals and he will waste much more until will understand his domains worth much less than his asking price. Finally he will have to pay high renewals at least 5 years and then sell them just for cover his renewals fee.
He must waste at least 10k on renewals yearly.
10k x 5 years = 50k
Luckly he will get double for all his domains together, but having 50k wasted on renewals he could invest them on something else and earn much more.

•••
For me it’s ok and I don’t consider it as spam. But with that being said, I would be very surprised if it resulted in any 7-figure sales. I would even be surprised if it resulted in 5-figure sales as well, especially within Namepros.

I hope the owner can make a good sale to a company so he at least can pay for the renewals. ;)

•••
Pricing a domain is totally the sellers decision...worse case he will drive away traffic from the names and also it gives good publicity at same point...

It is their wish and right to price according to their desires...if they are over expecting then the results will be zero...so they will face the consequence...might be losing some trust...and/or paying renewals...

Conclusion whatever the price is its totally sellers decision and anyone doesn't have any right to say anything about it...unless they are being forced to pay that price.

I don't see the point of this thread...it's not any informative or helping in anyway...reading between lines it only shows ruining someone's name...

Which I am confident our fellow members wont appreciate...

Thanks

•••
It is obvious as to who this topic is targetting. While I think that it is a long shot, it is still a good technique to show potential clients that he's determined on his pricing (thus the regular daily bumps). So when he finally gets an inquiry and settles for a mid 5 figure, the buyer would think they have got a bargain.

But there are also those 3-worders with a xxx,xxx starting price which is totally hilarious. It is nice to have a laugh on this forum though.

•••
unfortunately its not spam... its just annoying

that being said...

it does give an insight into the domainers character and experience - IMO, i hurts their reputation as i wouldn't take them seriously in the future.

daily, the forum gets bombarded with crap hand reg names from noobs priced at xx,xxx

•••
... as i wouldn't take them seriously in the future.

Some of them (a small number) will create the future and you might want to keep an eye on the best of us "dreamers". :)
```````````````````````````````````

I agree the .company guy is a bit much, but...

If he wants to set unrealistic numbers, it doesn't bother me....
+$1,000,000,000 Dollars

Aiming high is much more exciting than picking low-hanging, boring old fruit.
Has anyone noticed ad credits can enhance the value of domains?

Last edited:
•••
for any reason any body can ask any price he want and accept/reject as he like
maybe for me .company ext is worth zero and im not interest to invest in
BUT when he offered single letters / good one word ,, who knows maybe one enduser come and buy
lets say this guy want to gamble his money in this ext. - no one can stop him ,,, its his own properties and he is the only who can accept / reject offer - so its not a spam
add that at least this guy offer the top tier names in this ext. better than those guys who ask 500k for crap domains at crap ext.
when you buy 5 lottery cards for 200$ and someone say you are crazy to put that money in that game - its Not my business - its Not your business ,,, each of us free to do any thing with his money - you dont pay him his renewals

Last edited:
•••
Just my thoughts..
Not a form of spam, just a marketing ploy!

Negative attention still attention.

Personally, if this was my style of play, I sure wouldn't be posting my domains back to back to back.

Sure not criticizing anyone sales tactic.

•••
Just my thoughts..
Not a form of spam, just a marketing ploy!

Negative attention still attention.

Personally, if this was my style of play, I sure wouldn't be posting my domains back to back to back.

Sure not criticizing anyone sales tactic.
This forum is not the place for auctions starting from $1m and it looks ridiculous when he is bumping all the time or opens thread about "should he acept $20m offer or not?".

•••
Not sure why I was quoted..they were just my thoughts But
This forum is not the place for auctions starting from $1m
Again my thoughts...what is allowed or not allowed (ex auctions starting at 1 million) on the forum, that totally up to the "powers that be" (Management/Admin/etc)!
and it looks ridiculous when he is bumping all the time or opens thread about "should he acept $20m offer or not?".
Again, he/she playing by the rules if he/she wasn't, pretty sure he/she would have been reported and the Admins/Mods would "step in"

Beginning to think that maybe just maybe, some people are looking at these types of threads at a "emotional" level or a "clash of personalities"?
I sure can't do business on a emotional level!

I just scroll past those million dollar auction and click bait titles

•••
I agree with some of you, just a shame when good auctions are on page 4 or 5 because all the auctions before it are domains with xxx,xxx or more asking prices.

•••
It (more or less) says in the rules that it is ok to ask for whatever price you want, even if it seems outrageously or even hilariously high.
If you are fed up with seeing those kinds of offers coming from the same user, you can always just block that user.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back