Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Flipped up to $1 Million

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

mrcurly

DomainerTop Member
Impact
8,821
Hi,

Just been thinking about flipping domains, has anyone ever started from nothing and flipped domains making them a millionaire ?

What I mean is -

1.Reg or buy one domain $xxx

2.Sell for low $x,xxx

3 Buy next one for low $x,xxx

4 Sell for high $x,xxx

5 Buy next one for high $x,xxx

6 Sell for Low $xx,xxx

and so on.....

I wonder if it takes luck, skill or having a end-user database ready and waiting.... or all three?

Can this be done do you think?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
decent amount of money (10k - for a small profit per month / 100k otherwise) + a lot of hard work.

If you aren't working hard enough in this you wont be a success.
There are no exceptions except small lucky breaks.

Have I earned my million from domaining? No, but i have a decent income from it, which isn't regular, but its a good average.
oh, and by the way, if your just selling on forums, you aren't getting there in a hurry ;)

Just my opinion though.
 
0
•••
I was told the quickest way to get $1 million from domains was to spend $3 million..

Ah, the old "how to make a small fortune" play, start with a big one!


I am just over half way to the mill but a lot of years and a lot more than one or two names.
 
2
•••
0
•••
Hi,

Just been thinking about flipping domains, has anyone ever started from nothing and flipped domains making them a millionaire ?

What I mean is -

1.Reg or buy one domain $xxx

2.Sell for low $x,xxx

3 Buy next one for low $x,xxx

4 Sell for high $x,xxx

5 Buy next one for high $x,xxx

6 Sell for Low $xx,xxx

and so on.....

I wonder if it takes luck, skill or having a end-user database ready and waiting.... or all three?

Can this be done do you think?

...I dunno if that has been done, but I remember some young kid that started with a an old phone and continued trading up on craig's list winding up with a porsche(http://www.autointhenews.com/teen-trades-up-on-craigslist-from-phone-to-porsche-in-2-years/), so if the 17 year old did that I do not see what you pose as impossible...
 
1
•••
There was a story I read a few months back about how a guy started with $1k and did it. I can't remember his name but yes, it can be done!

The better bet would be to create a unique online service :imho:

I like the idea of developing , it can take you anywhere, remember the million dollar page (and all the clones on ebay)
 
0
•••
best way to get to a million was a few years back..

while lots of people were selling in the recession I was buying shares in Barclay's Bank on the UK stock market once it dropped to 0.55p from 3.88p I then watched it raise to 3.48p how many did I buy lets say I remortgaged my home and now I live @ the Shangri La in downtown Vancouver :)

also I did the same from Rockhopper Oil Exploration AIM stock UK before they dragged there rig to the falklands it was 0.65p jumped to 4.00p when I sold once they struck oil summer ( 2010 )

If I was sell my 100 best pension domains I think I could get close to your jackpot million..

FX
 
3
•••
If I was sell my 100 best pension domains I think I could get close to your jackpot million..

FX

For your sake I hope the domain game is the same when you cash in that pension :) Technology has a sneaky way of turning the tables :imho:
 
2
•••
For your sake I hope the domain game is the same when you cash in that pension :) Technology has a sneaky way of turning the tables :imho:

The safest way to make sure that pension is secure is 100 LLL/ NNN/ LL/ NN/ LN/ in the pocket....IMO
 
0
•••
the fastest way would be if you are already a millionaire,
e.g. buy something like Property.com for 750k then sell for several millions
 
0
•••
The safest way to make sure that pension is secure is 100 LLL/ NNN/ LL/ NN/ LN/ in the pocket....IMO

disagree...
best way to make sure that your pension is good...take it all out in cash and hide it in your house.
 
0
•••
disagree...
best way to make sure that your pension is good...take it all out in cash and hide it in your house.
Disagree :D
Cash can turn into toilet paper if we are hit with hyper inflation.

Take it all out.
Buy small gold pieces (not gold stock).
Small enough to easily and quickly sell/barter at any time and any where.

And hide it some where safe.
 
1
•••
Disagree :D
Cash can turn into toilet paper if we are hit with hyper inflation.

Take it all out.
Buy small gold pieces (not gold stock).
Small enough to easily and quickly sell/barter at any time and any where.

And hide it some where safe.

LOL
and lots of ammo,firearms, and build an underground bunker
 
3
•••
Disagree :D
Cash can turn into toilet paper if we are hit with hyper inflation.

Take it all out.
Buy small gold pieces (not gold stock).
Small enough to easily and quickly sell/barter at any time and any where.

And hide it some where safe.

Yep
Just like holding zimbabwe dollars if hyper inflation sets in.
 
0
•••
disagree...
best way to make sure that your pension is good...take it all out in cash and hide it in your house.

I would do but the rats might eat it....
 
0
•••
you should of sold more domains and you could of got rid of the rats ...

round and round we go ;)
 
0
•••
0
•••
Several years ago, one fellow gave it a try, starting with a really bad domain and trying to trade up. He started with two domains, oneuglydomain.net was the domain he tried to trade for, and oneuglydomain.com was the blog.

The idea was, if you offered him a slightly better domain, he would make the trade with you, then record a link to both domains in a summary of trades on the front page of his blog, so that although you may have received a slightly less valuable domain in the trade, your inclusion in the links on the blog increased the actual value of the domain.

In the end, to stir more interest I believe he also offered a small portion of the final proceeds to anyone who participated in the trading, should the final domain sell for one million.

After a couple of dozen trades, I think interest dwindled.

I always thought it was a terrific idea, though.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Several years ago, one fellow gave it a try, starting with a really bad domain and trying to trade up. He started with two domains, oneuglydomain.net was the domain he tried to trade for, and oneuglydomain.com was the blog.

The idea was, if you offered him a slightly better domain, he would make the trade with you, then record a link to both domains in a summary of trades on the front page of his blog, so that although you may have received a slightly less valuable domain in the trade, your inclusion in the links on the blog increased the actual value of the domain.

In the end, to stir more interest I believe he also offered a small portion of the final proceeds to anyone who participated in the trading, should the final domain sell for one million.

After a couple of dozen trades, I think interest dwindled.

I always thought it was a terrific idea, though.

He made a few bad trades which kinda ended everything.
 
0
•••
Thanks for such a fun thread (with a few nuggets of good advice).
 
0
•••
He made a few bad trades which kinda ended everything.

I've always been tempted to try and replicate the attempt, if for no other reason than it was entertaining.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back