NameSilo

.IN name sold for five figures...Wow!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Mails.IN for $24,000.00

Just saw this at Sedo...actually checked it a few times to make sure....If its not some sort of mistake, its BIG news for .IN holders...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Where can you buy .in :hehe:

•••
I'm confused by this. Is .in the TLD for india or is it .co.in?

•••
Go ccTLD's Go! :hearts:

I've never used them, but after a quick search I found - http://www.indomains.net/

looks like you can get them at registerfly.com as well!

•••
tolkein said:
I'm confused by this. Is .in the TLD for india or is it .co.in?
.co.in is actually a sub-domain of India's ccTLD which always has been .IN (all ccTLDs consist of 2 letters) but it was not available for general use until recently....

•••
Found .cc at registerfly but not .in

•••
for that price i think you could purchase a village in india or a small island of the coast,
i find that hard to beleive that sale

Last edited:
•••
Great news for .in holders, perhaps i shouldve kept hold of mine for a while longer :p

•••
mellowmasher said:
Found .cc at registerfly but not .in
Here's the official list of accredited .IN registrars:
http://www.inregistry.in/accredited_registrars/

harpo said:
for that price i think you could purchase a village in india or a small island of the coast
India is obviously not a rich country but saying what you said is also not a true reflection of how things are in that part of the world...commonly known in the west as the "third world"....things are changing pretty fast over there!

•••
It looks like it may be a novelty name sale, huge amount of money for it if it is.

I have some mail related .co.in- e-mail.co.in, e-mails.co.in, Freemail.co.in - hope it rubs off, :wave:

Last edited:
•••
You can register .in at RF, but you have to select the extension from the dropdown box.

•••
Good news for all .in owners :talk: :wave:

•••
Go go go .IN :tu:

mellowmasher said:
Where can you buy .in :hehe:
Try resellers.co.in the owner is here, good luck ;)

•••
it seems i should reg .cn names

•••
Is there any site which sells all domain extensions? it can be annoying to look around for all extensions

•••
I find all this very very confusing for a newbie :hearts:

I just came along thinking .com was the daddy buy some of these and you will be ok :hehe:

All these .cc .in. and so on what about the wealthy japan or china guess I gotta start looking at those to :(

•••
matt247 said:
Is there any site which sells all domain extensions? it can be annoying to look around for all extensions
How about Idotz.net? ;)

•••
sibaong said:
Go go go .IN :tu:

Try resellers.co.in the owner is here, good luck ;)

Cool site :hehe:

•••
Wow man...gotta get some of them now...i think!

•••
damm was kinda hoping I wouldn't find any 4 letter words .in left but now I have can feel me credit card comming out

Please someone tell me this was all a hoax and not they are not worth it :hehe:

•••
mellowmasher said:
damm was kinda hoping I wouldn't find any 4 letter words .in left but now I have can feel me credit card comming out

Please someone tell me this was all a hoax and not they are not worth it :hehe:
I think lot of 3 letters .IN still available to reg :tu:

•••
sibaong said:
I think lot of 3 letters .IN still available to reg :tu:

Oh how I wish you hadn't told me that hehe :lol:

•••
wow - what a great sale!

•••
mellowmasher said:
Oh how I wish you hadn't told me that hehe :lol:

:lol:

•••
Can foreigners reg .in domains?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back