Dynadot

.IN name sold for five figures...Wow!!

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Mails.IN for $24,000.00

Just saw this at Sedo...actually checked it a few times to make sure....If its not some sort of mistake, its BIG news for .IN holders...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
dunno if its been said but the german registrar domaindiscount24.net is by far the best for multi extensions and vvvvv reasonable

•••
That's a good sale!
While .com is still king, it seems good domains in extensions other than .com have good potential as well.

harpo said:
for that price i think you could purchase a village in india or a small island of the coast,i find that hard to beleive that sale

I think we should show some respect towards the so-called third-world countries, especially a fast growing economy like India. The west may be the richest and the most technologically advanced countries at present, but this does not mean they will remain so in the future.

•••
third-world countries

I am from india, Wait for 10 yrs.
you will find who is from third-world countries.

Just kidding. :hehe:

domainprince said:
That's a good sale!
While .com is still king, it seems good domains in extensions other than .com have good potential as well.

I think we should show some respect towards the so-called third-world countries, especially a fast growing economy like India. The west may be the richest and the most technologically advanced countries at present, but this does not mean they will remain so in the future.

•••
I would never dare to say that after watching TV during last days..especially news channels..

anurag_17 said:
third-world countries

I am from india, Wait for 10 yrs.
you will find who is from third-world countries.

Just kidding. :hehe:

•••
The mail's in!

harpo said:
i still think its a sham,,, mails as a word} doesnt even make sense,,,
when i hear mails it sounds like nails,,,, and you dont say you got mails its not a plural word...
just crazy i wonder if we could set out a private investigator to go alittle deeper to see the relationship between the buyer and seller on this one
Am I the only one in this thread that understands that mails.in means "Mail's In" as in "The mail is in!" After I read this thread, I went and reg'd TheMails.in (call me crazy!) :blink:

Bri

•••
•••
-db- said:
OK.

Bri, you are crazy!

:hehe:
You just had to go and say it, didn't you! :)

•••
ThreeD said:
it's only worth what people are willing to pay for it :) Obviously someone thinks it's worth that much, especially with the right development.

That's the best statement yet! It doesn't matter what extension it is, or matter what we at Namepros, or any other forum think it is worth. The statement above should be the standard appraisal for any domain!!!

Frank :notme:

•••
yes it's worth what people will pay. However the fair price for an asset is not the maximum price that anyone will pay, it is a price just higher than the amount the second highest bidder would be willing to pay.
If every person in the world knew that mails.in was for sale and there was an auction, that would determine the fair price, and it wouldn't be anything like $24k, because I doubt there would be another person who would pay anything close.

•••
Wow thats a great sale and great news for .in domain owners!

•••
WOW.. joking? Mails.IN for $24,000.00??? that's amazing..

•••
visit http://www.inregistry.in/ for more info..

Register Your .IN Domain

Beginning in early 2005, anyone who wants to register a .IN domain name will be allowed to. Registration will also be open to parties inside and outside of India, without restriction. For the first time, domains will be available at the second level -- easy-to-use and easy-to-remember domains such as "mydomain.in". Registration at the third level will also be open. There will be a variety of popular extensions available, such as mydomain.co.in, myorganization.org.in, and more!

The new era for .IN will begin with a Sunrise Period. Owners of registered Indian trademarks or service marks who wish to protect their marks will be given the opportunity to apply for .IN domain names before the general public. Sunrise applications will be taken from January 1 to January 21, 2005. The date for the opening of real-time, open registration for the general public is planned for February 16, 2005.

•••
Very old thread this but again it is nice to give my .in and .co.in a cuddle :)

Also www.resellers.co.in is probably the best registrar out there for .co.in and .in also pratnik posts on here often and is a number 1 chap.

•••
•••
Very Dead

wasistdas said:
Can I predict .IN rush? :)

www.Todep.com .. Very offical looking, but also very dead. I was highly offended it was so dead. Sites like this shouldn't be allowed on the internet.. too dead!! Not very the GreatFul Dead Deadheads would appreciate how dead this site is!!! The content of this just too, well, dead!!

They feds will probably close down your site, it is so dead!!!

Ha!!!! :yell:

Frank

•••
hehehe well even i liked the look of the "dead end page" ... funny thing there are no links on that page ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back