Dynadot

I will show you mine if --! Blooks I mean

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMiNIC

Account Suspended
Impact
Blook Domains

After reading a previous thread by Wot it would appear everybody is going crazy over Blook Domains.

What Blook Domains Have you registered?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BlookCase.com - Nice One Hark. :)

•••
who regged blookpage.com?

•••
Just one more...

After seeing a report on Blooks on the BBC today, I took note of what a brick and mortor publisher said.

To paraphrase the editor, she basically said that in order for Blooks to be taken seriously and become authoritative like paper books, they need editors to check facts, footnotes, and bibliographies.

Therefore, I grabbed just one more blook name...blookeditors.com

I'm really done now...and damn the NP'r (wot) who brought this spending spree upon us.

See you all in a year or so with (hopefully) our blook sucess stories...

•••
OK. Couldn't resist. I want to get in on the fun too and what better way than to combine "Blook" w/ my old standby and favorite suffix. Just registered:
Blookzilla.com

C'mon blook! There's plenty of room that's left in the lexicon for you to spread yourself out.

•••
•••
I see there was another offer for myblooks.com at Sedo.Sedo now up to 166 blook domains.

•••
for all of you who think the new .com is .eu myblooks.eu is available.

•••
Nice, Grrilla. I'd imagine that one would sell more for most of the other blook names here, easy to remember.

•••
•••
Out of mild curiosity I thought I might try this out...everything i've thought of so far has already been taken. This is picking up speed pretty fast, I won't be surprised to hear blooks mentioned on the news before long.

•••
http://www.medialifemagazine.com/artman/publish/article_3422.asp

Now, the Blooker
Prize, for best blook

Blook, you say? That's a book from a blog.

By Heidi Dawley
Mar 14, 2006

We have the saucy diary of a London call girl and the gastronomical trials of a woman attempting to recreate hundreds of Julia Child’s recipes. There's as well the cholesterol-busting quest of a man who aims to find a café serving the ultimate full English breakfast.

These are all books, and they share one thing besides their quirky subjects. They are also blooks. That's a new term to many but one we can expect will become a lot more common. A blook is a book that's been created off the back of a blog.

These three blooks also share another quality. They're all in the running for the Blooker Prize, a newly created literary award with a very similar name to the longstanding Booker Prize award. Created last October by Bob Young, founder of self-publishing web site Lulu, the Blooker Prize will choose the best non-fiction, fiction and comic books based on blogs.

As blogs, which are in essence a publishing medium, migrate from the periphery of the web to the media mainstream, the business of turning them into books has become the rage for a new breed of publishers in their eternal search for hits.

"The central point in all of this is that the web at this point is still, more than anything else, a written medium. Thus it is the natural habitat of the next generation of literary greats," explains Stephen Fraser, spokesperson for Lulu.

Certainly some of the blog-to-book efforts have already made a splash in the print world, including, Belle de Jour’s book "The Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl," and John Battelle’s book on Google called "The Search."

In fact Belle de Jour’s book is among the 16 titles that were shortlisted from the original 89 entries in the Blooker prize competition. Winners will be announced on April 3.

Some of these books have been sought out by more mainstream imprints, while others have been brought to the print world by self-publishers like Lulu. There is even a British publisher called The Friday Project, which focuses specifically on turning internet sites, including blogs, into books.

"There is so much untapped talent on the web. And at the moment they are publishing their efforts for free. But turning their blogs into books means that their work will be brought to a wider audience," explains Clare Christian, director of the Friday Project.

With so much discussion of the print content, such as newspaper and magazines, migrating to the internet, blooks are an interesting example of quite the reverse happening. "Print is not disappearing. Consumers are still showing that they value print as a delivery option for their content," says Fraser of the trend to publish blogs as books.

Indeed, Christian believes that the blogs-to-books trend has not yet reached its peak, expecting that blooks will become even more marketable this year and next. That will suite Lulu just fine, because as soon as they have finished this year’s competition, next year’s will begin.

•••
•••
Oh my will there be a MillionDollarHomePage blook?

•••
well, hopefully there are a few million dollar domain sells. :)

•••
Today....

Grrilla said:
OK. Couldn't resist. I want to get in on the fun too and what better way than to combine "Blook" w/ my old standby and favorite suffix. Just registered:
Blookzilla.com

2 days ago, third page of this thread....

-db- said:
Michael, you sure there isn't a Blookzilla in your future? :)

Nice to know my crystal ball is still working. :laugh:

•••
Being an advocate of both Blook & Blogg I will give 25 NP to the first person to correctly name my recent purchase. :wave:

FYI - Google results on Blogg have increased from 25 million 7 days ago to 29 million today -hmm :gl:

•••
wot said:
Being an advocate of both Blook & Blogg I will give 25 NP to the first person to correctly name my recent purchase. :wave:

FYI - Google results on Blogg have increased from 25 million 7 days ago to 29 million today -hmm :gl:
LibraryBlooks.com

•••
wot said:

Blookk.com?

...are you also tracking "blook" results?

Last edited:
•••
Phronesis said:
Blookk.com?

...are you also tracking of "blook" results?
Blookk.com isn't registered. ;)

•••
I just hope getablook.com acually becomes worth SOMETHING

•••
lol, You guys are making me wanna reg a few more...

But I wont!

Atleast untill they take off.. :)

•••
Etab said:
Blookk.com isn't registered. ;)

blookk.com

Updated Date: 07-apr-2006
Creation Date: 07-apr-2006
Expiration Date: 07-apr-2007

It appears to have been registered yesterday, and I think he just won 25 NP$.

:)

•••
-db- said:

Nope -big clue in the actual post. :gl:

•••
-db- said:

Ah, sorry about that, whois.sc isn't always 100% reliable. ;)

•••
Etab said:
Ah, sorry about that, whois.sc isn't always 100% reliable. ;)

Yeah, they are still my favorite whois, but their updates are sometimes slow. :(

Ok.. so that was not wot's domain. The mystery continues. :alien:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back