NameSilo

discuss Timely Domains? - Display and explain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Over the years I've registered a dozen or so what I consider to be "timely domains". Timely domains can come from sports, politics or current news and events.

Most of you know when Caitlin Clark set the all time scoring record for NCAA basketball (for both men and women), i registered a domain in recognition of her special accomplishment. Speaking of "timely", i registered the domain within hours of the occasion.

Listening to the news this am, I heard Nikki Hailey (Republican candidate for President of the United States) say that she was going to vote for her opponent Donald Trump for President. Her reasoning; "Biden has been a catastrophe"

You may be able to guess the 2 word domain I registered that has to do with both Biden and the noun catastrophe. No one ever owned or registered the domain before now:xf.wink:

Thanks Nikki.....youda man:ROFL:

ps. anyone else like to share their timely domains or care to comment.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not well-versed in this type of work. You have clients hiring you to motivate voters?

I'm just trying to understand the business model, and how the domain names factor into the work.
Glad you asked Joe.... consider that i own domains like;

VoterInfluence.com
VoterStrategist.com
VoterPsychology.com

Regardless of party or ideology, it's domains like this that can get me in the door. Once in the door, it's domains like;

ParentsRule.org
FlipthatSeat.com
WhoIsGeorgeSoros.com
IndictSoros.com

that are used on Signs, Tee Shirts etc. to influence voters. Note that domains aren't necessary to get a message across, but when the "Slogan" you're using ends in a .com or .org it adds value to your slogan.

Joe, once you learn how you're votes are influenced by others words, it creates opportunities for you to use your own words or domains to influence others votes. Make sense?

•••
Glad you asked Joe.... consider that i own domains like;

VoterInfluence.com
VoterStrategist.com
VoterPsychology.com

Regardless of party or ideology, it's domains like this that can get me in the door. Once in the door, it's domains like;

ParentsRule.org
FlipthatSeat.com
WhoIsGeorgeSoros.com
IndictSoros.com

that are used on Signs, Tee Shirts etc. to influence voters. Note that domains aren't necessary to get a message across, but when the "Slogan" you're using ends in a .com or .org it adds value to your slogan.

Joe, once you learn how you're votes are influenced by others words, it creates opportunities for you to use your own words or domains to influence others votes. Make sense?
I do understand the value of promoting an idea or slogan with a domain name, but wouldn't the value only come from pointing people toward the content on the website in question?

Otherwise, there's no need to even own the domain you're promoting.

•••
I guess domains CAN be all about whatever keeps you happy. Maybe as investors most of us only have an eyeball on the bottom line. Just look at how many hobbies/interests out there that end-up costing a small fortune for the participant.

Maybe we (as domain investors) should take a step back from criticising all those that have other values to domaining. Yeah, even I shall find that hard.

I learnt to think of our OP as a collector of posts and responses, nothing wrong with that, he certainly ranks as a attention grabber
Bailey....were you aware that one can major in "rhetoric"?
I do understand the value of promoting an idea or slogan with a domain name, but wouldn't the value only come from pointing people toward the content on the website in question?

Otherwise, there's no need to even own the domain you're promoting.
Yes, most definitely. For example I own the following domains; WhoIsGeorgeSoros.com and IndictSoros.com

Joe, probably less than 50% of voters in America have any idea who George Soros is, but his "Open Society" foundation promotes open borders, and many of the liberal elite to include the Democratic Party endorse his foundation and his ideology.

Joe, you probably already know this but George Soros lives in New York, is a US Citizen, and is worth over 10 Billion dollars. He's a Jew by race only, and an atheist (by religion). He truly hates America, and like Osama bin Ladin will use his $$$ to destroy it.

Joe, along the lines of a "picture is worth a thousand words", one of my Soros signs that's being created now will have Soros Piloting a plane into the World Trade Center.

I'll post it here once the signs and domain content hit the road here in Virginia where i also own the domain FlipthatSeat:xf.eek:com

Thanks,

Attachments

• Soros.jpg
    Soros.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
•••
This went from a "domain" thread to just some guy ranting about politics. There is another thread for that.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Felons4Trump.com
That's actually clever.

It's contradictory and true.

Very few websites have broad awareness and national appeal (e.g joerogan.com). Felons4Trump.com has the right level of sarcastic bite.

•••
•••
Just wanted to say this is the most entertaining thread on namePROS. Thanks for the laughs and Happy Fathers Day.

•••
George Soros lives in New York, is a US Citizen, and is worth over 10 Billion dollars. He's a Jew by race only, and an atheist (by religion).
So he's an American billionaire who uses his rational mind instead of believing in fairytales like a 5-year old. Sounds like a really great guy!

•••
So he's an American billionaire who uses his rational mind instead of believing in fairytales like a 5-year old. Sounds like a really great guy!
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2004-oct-04-oe-ehrenfeld4-story.html#
Here's some content you'll read when you click on WhoisGeorgeSoros.com. Enjoy the fairy tale:xf.wink:

George Soros: The ‘God’ Who Carries Around Some Dangerous Demons​

By Rachel Ehrenfeld and Shawn Macomber
Oct. 4, 2004 12 AM PT

RACHEL EHRENFELD IS THE AUTHOR OF "FUNDING EVIL" (BONUS BOOKS, 2003). SHAWN MACOMBER IS A STAFF WRITER AT THE AMERICAN SPECTATOR.

“Frankly, I don’t think I’ll need to do a lot more,” Democratic philanthropist George Soros bragged to USA Today just a few months ago. “I now take the defeat of Bush more or less for granted.”
Unfortunately for him, that defeat no longer seems so certain, so the billionaire, who had spent more than $15 million in an attempt to get John F. Kerry elected, is now trying to protect his earlier investments by throwing in an additional $3 million.
“America, under Bush, is a danger to the world,” says Soros. To save the world and prevent the reelection of George W. Bush, Soros has dedicated extraordinary amounts of time and money because defeating Bush, he says, is his “central focus.” His motto, “If I spend enough, I will make it right,” is the essence of his articulated ideas about changing society.

It seems that Soros believes he was anointed by God. “I fancied myself as some kind of god ...” he once wrote. “If truth be known, I carried some rather potent messianic fantasies with me from childhood, which I felt I had to control, otherwise they might get me in trouble.”
When asked by Britain’s Independent newspaper to elaborate on that passage, Soros said, “It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.”
Since I began to live it out. Those unfamiliar with Soros would probably dismiss the statement out of hand. But for those who have followed his career and sociopolitical endeavors, it cannot be taken quite so lightly.

Soros has proved that with the vast resources of money at his command he has the ability to make the once unthinkable acceptable. His work as a self-professed “amoral” financial speculator has left millions in poverty when their national currencies were devaluated, and he pumped so much cash into shaping former Soviet republics to his liking that he has bragged that the former Soviet empire is now the “Soros Empire.”
Now he’s turned his eye on the internal affairs of the United States. Today’s U.S., he writes in his latest book, “The Bubble of American Supremacy,” is a “threat to the world,” run by a Republican Party that is the devil child of an unholy alliance between “market fundamentalists” and “religious fundamentalists.” We have become a “supremacist” nation.
During a speech at Columbia University’s commencement ceremonies, Soros said, “If President Bush is reelected, we must ask the question, ‘What is wrong with us?’ ” He has written that he always “felt that modern society in general and America in particular suffer from a deficiency of values.”

Bush’s aggressive waging of the war on terrorism has only increased these feelings. “When President Bush says, as he does frequently, that freedom will prevail, in fact he means that America will prevail,” Soros writes. Who would Soros prefer to see “prevail”? Saddam Hussein? Osama bin Laden?
Despite his reputation as an international philanthropist, Soros remains candid about his true charitable tendencies. “I am sort of a deus ex machina,” Soros told the New York Times in 1994. “I am something unnatural. I’m very comfortable with my public persona because it is one I have created for myself. It represents what I like to be as distinct from what I really am. You know, in my personal capacity I’m not actually a selfless philanthropic person. I’ve very much self-centered.”
Soros was more succinct when he explained his life philosophy to biographer Michael Kaufman. “I am kind of a nut who wants to have an impact,” he said.
But the speculator’s visions don’t end there.
“Next to my fantasies about being God, I also have very strong fantasies of being mad,” Soros once confided on British television. “In fact, my grandfather was actually paranoid. I have a lot of madness in my family. So far I have escaped it.”
In his book, “Soros on Soros,” he says: “I do not accept the rules imposed by others.... And in periods of regime change, the normal rules don’t apply.” Clearly, Soros considers himself to be someone who is able to determine when the “normal rules” should and shouldn’t apply.

Attachments

• Soros.jpg
    Soros.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 8
•••
This went from a "domain" thread to just some guy ranting about politics. There is another thread for that.

Brad
So you don't own any political domains Brad? There's money in it if you're good at it, but the competition for Brad4DogCatcher.com could ruin your career if voters get the wrong impression from your website:unsure:

•••
Yes, most definitely. For example I own the following domains; WhoIsGeorgeSoros.com and IndictSoros.com

Joe, probably less than 50% of voters in America have any idea who George Soros is, but his "Open Society" foundation promotes open borders, and many of the liberal elite to include the Democratic Party endorse his foundation and his ideology.

Joe, you probably already know this but George Soros lives in New York, is a US Citizen, and is worth over 10 Billion dollars. He's a Jew by race only, and an atheist (by religion). He truly hates America, and like Osama bin Ladin will use his $$$ to destroy it.

Joe, along the lines of a "picture is worth a thousand words", one of my Soros signs that's being created now will have Soros Piloting a plane into the World Trade Center.

I'll post it here once the signs and domain content hit the road here in Virginia where i also own the domain FlipthatSeat:xf.eek:com

Thanks,
Rich, it's still not clear to me how the domains you're registering are being used and/or monetized.

You mentioned in the last sentence that you'll let us know when the domain content is ready. Is the content going to generate cashflow for you in some way, or are you hoping to get some eyeballs on the sites in order to sell the names?

•••
Would FailedDomainer.com and SenileCultist.com be considered timely domains?

•••
Rich, it's still not clear to me how the domains you're registering are being used and/or monetized.

You mentioned in the last sentence that you'll let us know when the domain content is ready. Is the content going to generate cashflow for you in some way, or are you hoping to get some eyeballs on the sites in order to sell the names?
I'm not selling the names, rather being paid by the political party for their use. As a voter consultant/strategist I'm personally paid.

•••
•••
I'm not selling the names, rather being paid by the political party for their use. As a voter consultant/strategist I'm personally paid.
Yeah Right, Why do I struggle to believe anything that this guys says.

On second thoughts, I can picture the rattling collection-tin or bucket gaining a few coins

•••
Why do I struggle to believe anything that this guys says.
Because he's been an utter failure ever since joining Namepros 7 years ago. He's not delivered on a single thing he said he would do.

Last edited:
•••
•••
So you are being paid to direct people to a domain that has a lander offering it for sale for $999...

Clearly, you missed the coupon good for 10% off the crabcake delivery service that's taking the greater Norfolk region by storm. These are the Gourmet Olympics gold-medal winning crabcakes and other seafood delivered fresh to sit in a box on your porch in the sun.

But you also missed the point, Brad. He didn't say which side was paying him. Clearly, the other side is paying him to waste their opponents' time by making them look at "domain for sale" pages instead of actual political content.

The whole operation was funded by seed money from that billion dollar GoDaddy lawsuit that all the lawyers are lining up at his door to pursue.

Last edited:
•••
Clearly, you missed the coupon good for 10% off the crabcake delivery service that's taking the greater Norfolk region by storm. These are the Gourmet Olympics gold-medal winning crabcakes and other seafood delivered fresh to sit in a box on your porch in the sun.

But you also missed the point, Brad. He didn't say which side was paying him. Clearly, the other side is paying him to waste their opponents' time by making them look at "domain for sale" pages instead of actual political content.

The whole operation was funded by seed money from that billion dollar GoDaddy lawsuit that all the lawyers are lining up at his door to pursue.
Not sure sure why I attract such losers:xf.rolleyes:
Like Brad, is running for DogCatcher.com the best you can do:xf.wink: https://attrition.org/postal/z/legal/john_berryhill/
berryhill-john-apr2008.jpg

Last edited:
•••

Joe....the following domain, ParentsRule.org will be the slogan domain appearing on a sign that I'm having made. Now the content for this domain will be short, sweet and direct. And it will be generic enough for any candidate running for political office who believes parents and not government should determine the curriculum.

Joe, whether its just a slogan like "God Family Country" or a domain like ParentsRule.org, if it motivates an otherwise undecided voter, it's worth a lot of money. In a way, it's like buying votes and that's what I'm being paid for.

Like I've said all along, i'm not your typical domainer nor do i care to be:xf.wink: The only thing you can be sure of is that I'll NEVER GIVE UP!

•••
Joe....the following domain, ParentsRule.org will be the slogan domain appearing on a sign that I'm having made. Now the content for this domain will be short, sweet and direct. And it will be generic enough for any candidate running for political office who believes parents and not government should determine the curriculum.

Joe, whether its just a slogan like "God Family Country" or a domain like ParentsRule.org, if it motivates an otherwise undecided voter, it's worth a lot of money. In a way, it's like buying votes and that's what I'm being paid for.

Like I've said all along, i'm not your typical domainer nor do i care to be:xf.wink: The only thing you can be sure of is that I'll NEVER GIVE UP!
I kind of see where you're going... but wouldn't a candidate (i.e. potential client) want to see data to show that people (i.e. voters) are actually visiting the site? Otherwise they wouldn't be getting any bang for their buck.

It seems like a lot of things need to happen:
  • Create strong, engaging content.
  • Develop and publish professional site.
  • Launch promotional campaign
    • Is this a single sign? Is that enough to attract a meaningfully sized audience?
  • Wait for the site to build traffic.
  • Solicit client candidates.
It's an interesting business idea; kind of a variation on a lead generation website. It sounds very time-intensive to carry out for even one domain name, though. I would also venture that the value here doesn't lie in the domain at all, but in your ability to get traffic to your site.

•••
Over the years I've registered a dozen or so what I consider to be "timely domains". Timely domains can come from sports, politics or current news and events.

Most of you know when Caitlin Clark set the all time scoring record for NCAA basketball (for both men and women), i registered a domain in recognition of her special accomplishment. Speaking of "timely", i registered the domain within hours of the occasion.

Listening to the news this am, I heard Nikki Hailey (Republican candidate for President of the United States) say that she was going to vote for her opponent Donald Trump for President. Her reasoning; "Biden has been a catastrophe"

You may be able to guess the 2 word domain I registered that has to do with both Biden and the noun catastrophe. No one ever owned or registered the domain before now:xf.wink:

Thanks Nikki.....youda man:ROFL:

ps. anyone else like to share their timely domains or care to comment.

BidenLiveCam.com
TrumpLiveCam.com

•••
I kind of see where you're going... but wouldn't a candidate (i.e. potential client) want to see data to show that people (i.e. voters) are actually visiting the site? Otherwise they wouldn't be getting any bang for their buck.

It seems like a lot of things need to happen:
  • Create strong, engaging content.
  • Develop and publish professional site.
  • Launch promotional campaign
    • Is this a single sign? Is that enough to attract a meaningfully sized audience?
  • Wait for the site to build traffic.
  • Solicit client candidates.
It's an interesting business idea; kind of a variation on a lead generation website. It sounds very time-intensive to carry out for even one domain name, though. I would also venture that the value here doesn't lie in the domain at all, but in your ability to get traffic to your site.
joe....think of it like a Billboard......come to think of it, it is a Billboard:xf.wink:......while typing this i checked to see if BillboardPolitics.com is available to register, sadly it's not but for $10 I can buy BillboardPolitics.org, so I may register it inorder to sell, lease or rent my political domains.

Just yesterday the candidate I'm supporting for the US Senate from Virginia Hung Cao won the primary election here and will be running against Tim Kaine our current Senator. There's a pretty big story behind all this, that I'll share later.

Joe, i don't expect you to understand my thinking, but I do appreciate your interest. Thanks!

•••
BidenLiveCam.com
TrumpLiveCam.com
Thanks outofoz32. If you're the owner of TransparentDomains.com than maybe we should meetup, or at least talk. Later,

•••
joe....think of it like a Billboard......come to think of it, it is a Billboard:xf.wink:......while typing this i checked to see if BillboardPolitics.com is available to register, sadly it's not but for $10 I can buy BillboardPolitics.org, so I may register it inorder to sell, lease or rent my political domains.

Just yesterday the candidate I'm supporting for the US Senate from Virginia Hung Cao won the primary election here and will be running against Tim Kaine our current Senator. There's a pretty big story behind all this, that I'll share later.

Joe, i don't expect you to understand my thinking, but I do appreciate your interest. Thanks!
For sure! That's the point of the forum, right? To discuss and understand different ways of selling and using domain names.

So I guess the "plan" I laid out isn't how you're approaching this venture. Is the billboard the sign, or is it the domain name itself? And how is it used to generate profit for you?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back