Domain Empire

I lost 5 (ccc.com) domains from my GoDaddy.com Account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello Everyone,

Today, I checked my account and I found that three domains (ccc.coms) are lost from my account and they weren't expired.

I bought them in 2008 and kept renewing them on time.

So, please could you guide me about a way to recover them back again?

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sorry for the domain owner, I took 30 minutes to read the thread. I am a domainer too and I am afraid of domain stolen too. This is the reason why I sold my xxxxx domain last 2 weeks since I got so many offers.

I do hop that GD offer 2-step security for customers outside US.

All the best to you, moustafa.

For me:

- Use Private registration to hide the Whois information
- Use different email for domain contact.

•••
All high value domains should have protected registration at GD. Sure it's a pain in the butt to remove if a domain sells and might add 3-5 days to the process. But it's well worth it.

•••
Another thing to consider doing is to have all those emails go to a distribution list in an exchange environment. All domain related things go to a generic info@ domain which then distributes to 3 separate email addresses with all filtering turned off. That way there is no account to hack. And even if they got into one email it's highly unlikely they get into 3.

•••
I would also email GoDaddy at least once a week for an update. Have they ever responded to you?

Yes, my dear friend.
Here you are the latest reply from Godaddy:

"Thank you for your reply. Certain criteria must be met before we can file with the registry and request their assistance. We will do our best to seek a positive resolution for you, though we must wait until all criteria is met before we are able to explore other avenues.

Thank you for your understanding, we know this is very frustrating.
"

Another thing to consider doing is to have all those emails go to a distribution list in an exchange environment. All domain related things go to a generic info@ domain which then distributes to 3 separate email addresses with all filtering turned off. That way there is no account to hack. And even if they got into one email it's highly unlikely they get into 3.

Would you kindly elaborate about the process you refer to? What needs to be done in steps?

•••
@moustafa - Is that there final message? What was the date sent? They are waiting until all criteria is met. What critieria? This all sounds like BS to me. You need to get them to explain to you what criteria they are waiting for. And how long they expect to have to wait before that criteria is met. Are all 5 domains treated as one, or are they all separate?

•••
@moustafa - Is that there final message? What was the date sent? They are waiting until all criteria is met. What critieria? This all sounds like BS to me. You need to get them to explain to you what criteria they are waiting for. And how long they expect to have to wait before that criteria is met. Are all 5 domains treated as one, or are they all separate?

This message was sent to me yesterday as a reply on the message i sent them as per your advice.
Actually, I submitted all the required documents to the dispute transfer department since the beginning of this topic and they confirmed the receipt of my documents and that they are going to do the next step for recovering my domains.
Then they kept holding me 1.5 months with messages of same meaning like: "We know it is frustrating, we do our best to get them back..etc etc"

And yesterday, i got the message which i copied earlier.. so what shall i say to them?

•••
@moustafa

1. Ask them what criteria they are waiting for to happen. State you have sent all the documentation they requested 1.5 months ago. What other criteria are they waiting on (for each domain separately)?

2. Ask them if they consider all 5 domains to be stolen at this point. If not, why not. State all 5 domains in this question.

3. Ask them what they have done, and are currently doing specifically to try to recover these domains. Other than waiting for some undefined criteria to be fulfilled. Which doesn't tell you anything, except as a simple excuse for failure.

4. Ask them what are the next steps are to recover these 5 domains.

5. Ask them if they are waiting on anything from you

6. Ask them if all domains are at exactly the same point in their recovery?

Last edited:
•••
@stub
I just sent the message to Godaddy after rewording your 6 points :)

•••
@stub, Godaddy still didn't respond on the message i sent to them in the same day you posted it here.. Any advice?

•••
@moustafa. This dept only works 9-5 M-F, probably MST. I'd give them until Wednesday to respond and then send a follow up email asking why they didn't respond. This is par for the course with this dept.

•••
@stub, Thank you so much for the information.

•••
@moustafa - It might be they are simpletons and cannot answer more than one question at a time :) Did Ron ever answer you?

•••
@stub, yes Ron answered me, he advised me to keep this issue loud and to tell everyone related to Godaddy in order to force them in taking an action similar to his case.
However, in his case, he knew someone who helped him and i don't know who is that person or how can i reach him.

•••
Did he give a name? PM me if you have a name?

•••
This is still ongoing? :( I hope you get your names back, it's unacceptable it should take this long!

•••
It took the Ron guy 3 months :(

•••
•••
@stub, i kept waiting for their reply but no sense from them.
I sent them a message two days ago and also no sense..

•••
Par for the course, I'm afraid.

•••
This situation really pisses me off.We should all phone them, everyone who reads this. Keep calling, keep asking what are you going to do with the said stolen domain names. 1000's of calls every minute all day, day after day. The target number would be 25000 calls per day until resolved. Plug up there phone lines, They need to be taught a lesson, Moustafa I am so sorry you have to be treated like this.

Just chatted with them, we should plug up there chat system too. Shut the ****** down. Here is a transcript of my chat

• You are now chatting with 'Jaron V.'
  • Jaron V. -
    Hello, thank you for contacting Sales Chat. My name is Jaron. What can I help you setup today?
  • you -
    My friend had 5 domain names stolen from you and shipped off to chinese registrar 3 months ago. You have done nothing. Why should i register a name with you, if you will let it get stolen
  • you -
    Were are planning a massive call in target is 25000 phone calls a day and 100's of people wanting to chat.
  • you -
    I am scared someone will steal my names, I am going to transfer a couple out today
  • Jaron V. -
    Sure well the only way the domains can be transferred is if someone had full access to your account
  • Jaron V. -
    now you could add Protected registration to the domains, which would prevent even people with access to the account from transferring/canceling the names
  • you -
    However they were stolen, transfered. there is no way to reverse a transfer? [email protected] whats that for
  • you -
    how much is protected registration?
  • Jaron V. -
    if it's caught in time there is a process in place but that's not something I handle specifically
  • Jaron V. -
    and the protection for new domains is about $15 for new names and $35 for renewals
  • you -
    ha ha you want money to do a job you should do for nothing? What a joke
  • Jaron V. -
    Pretty much every registrar will charge more for that extra protection with the registration
  • Jaron V. -
    that isn't something that comes standard anywhere
  • you -
    Time to go transfer a couple names to namesilo. I don't feel safe having my names at godaddy, if they are stolen you wont care
  • Jaron V. -
    Sure was there anything else I could assist you with today?

•••
Par for the course, I'm afraid.

This situation really pisses me off.We should all phone them, everyone who reads this. Keep calling, keep asking what are you going to do with the said stolen domain names. 1000's of calls every minute all day, day after day. The target number would be 25000 calls per day until resolved. Plug up there phone lines, They need to be taught a lesson, Moustafa I am so sorry you have to be treated like this.

Just chatted with them, we should plug up there chat system too. Shut the ****** down. Here is a transcript of my chat

• You are now chatting with 'Jaron V.'
  • Jaron V. -
    Hello, thank you for contacting Sales Chat. My name is Jaron. What can I help you setup today?
  • you -
    My friend had 5 domain names stolen from you and shipped off to chinese registrar 3 months ago. You have done nothing. Why should i register a name with you, if you will let it get stolen
  • you -
    Were are planning a massive call in target is 25000 phone calls a day and 100's of people wanting to chat.
  • you -
    I am scared someone will steal my names, I am going to transfer a couple out today
  • Jaron V. -
    Sure well the only way the domains can be transferred is if someone had full access to your account
  • Jaron V. -
    now you could add Protected registration to the domains, which would prevent even people with access to the account from transferring/canceling the names
  • you -
    However they were stolen, transfered. there is no way to reverse a transfer? [email protected] whats that for
  • you -
    how much is protected registration?
  • Jaron V. -
    if it's caught in time there is a process in place but that's not something I handle specifically
  • Jaron V. -
    and the protection for new domains is about $15 for new names and $35 for renewals
  • you -
    ha ha you want money to do a job you should do for nothing? What a joke
  • Jaron V. -
    Pretty much every registrar will charge more for that extra protection with the registration
  • Jaron V. -
    that isn't something that comes standard anywhere
  • you -
    Time to go transfer a couple names to namesilo. I don't feel safe having my names at godaddy, if they are stolen you wont care
  • Jaron V. -
    Sure was there anything else I could assist you with today?

Really i want to thank you soooooo much for your feelings towards me.
I see that you are very helpful and that you take my situation as if its yours.
Believe me, i will do the same and even more when you be in a trouble.

I wanted to share with you about the reply i got right now from Godaddy.Com so that you can give me your thoughts and your advices on the next step.

Dear Moustafa,

Thank you for your patience as we work through our possible options to assist you. Despite trying to work with Ename to get the domain name back to you, they have not indicated they will be of assistance. Although this is a setback, we have not given up.

We are currently preparing your case for appeal to the registry, Verisign, and it is scheduled to be submitted this week on your behalf. There are some things to be aware of in this process:

1. This is not a quick process. Verisign requires time to review our request. It make take up to a couple weeks to receive a decision.

2. There is no guarantee Verisign will decide in our favor. If this occurs, we have exhausted our options in regard to your transfer dispute so you will need to consult with your own legal counsel.

3. If the decision is found in our favor, Ename has two weeks to appeal the decision to prevent the names from being returned. Should they appeal, we cannot predict the outcome of their appeal.

We want you to know we are fighting for you and are doing everything in our power to help you get the domain names returned. We will provide you with prompt updates as they become available.

Kind Regards,

Shannon C

Transfer Disputes

GoDaddy

•••
@moustafa - That's great news at long last. This is probably how Ron got his name back. So I'm a little more optimistic now that you might see a positive outcome. My only suggestion would be to thank them for their feedback, and ask them to confirm that this covers all 5 domains (name them). Because they were not specific about which domains they are appealing to Verisign.

•••
@moustafa - That's great news at long last. This is probably how Ron got his name back. So I'm a little more optimistic now that you might see a positive outcome. My only suggestion would be to thank them for their feedback, and ask them to confirm that this covers all 5 domains (name them). Because they were not specific about which domains they are appealing to Verisign.

Thank you Stub for your response.
I feel optimistic when you feel optimistic :)
I just made what you suggested.

•••
It great, at least they are ready to do something to get domains back. Do tell us when you get those domains back.

•••
Thank you Stub for your response.

Having read through much of this thread, I'd like to thank Stub as well for all his help. Good stuff.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back