IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Even though some are used for VR and other types of tech, many of those social sites are merely the teen chat lines of the current younger generation, IMO.

In the 70s and 80s it was all done via landline group chat party lines...lol.

•••
I tried my best :)

Seriously., dont worry about it mate, I was just chatting to someone..its not big deal

•••
Seriously., dont worry about it mate, I was just chatting to someone..its not big deal

i have no idea what you are talking about lol

•••
i have no idea what you are talking about lol

Obviously..Im just referring to your comment above ("better atmosphere??), I was just clarifying someone's snapchat comment as I wasnt sure what he meant, thats about it..its all good

Last edited:
•••
•••
Had a $1500 offer on holodog/s.com as a pair but hanging onto these at the moment .

•••
•••
Obviously..Im just referring to your comment above ("better atmosphere??), I was just clarifying someone's snapchat comment as I wasnt sure what he meant, thats about it..its all good
Its all good me bad just trying to create a bit of fun over the christmas time. Now back to biz

•••
My idea for HoloStudy is to help people learn. HoloExplore is for virtual history lessons and vacations. :)

My other few are for gaming ideas.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Its all good me bad just trying to create a bit of fun over the christmas time. Now back to biz

Merry Xmas mate

My idea for HoloStudy is to help people learn. HoloExplore is for virtual history lessons and vacations. :)

I love it, its a fantastic name, I have HoloTraining.com in the same area.

•••
Last edited:
•••
AR AugmentedReality (previously Microsoft adopted but now replaced/ upgraded)
BR Blended Reality
CR Cinematic Reality (previously MigicLeap adopted but now replaced /upgraded)
DR Dynamic Reality
ER Extended Reality
FR Future Reality
GR Greater Reality
HR Hyper Reality / Hybrid Reality
goes on...

No matter how much we discuss / argue / feud posts here with our favorite / madeup / flash-in-the-pan terms...the industry will decide n stick to their own Marketing terms n moves on!!

All we need to do some research and accept the way it is n make our best to get some good name in those!!

Cheers!

•••
AR AugmentedReality (previously Microsoft adopted but now replaced/ upgraded)
BR Blended Reality
CR Cinematic Reality (previously MigicLeap adopted but now replaced /upgraded)
DR Dynamic Reality
ER Extended Reality
FR Future Reality
GR Greater Reality
HR Hyper Reality / Hybrid Reality
goes on...

No matter how much we discuss / argue / feud posts here with our favorite / madeup / flash-in-the-pan terms...the industry will decide n stick to their own Marketing terms n moves on!!

All we need to do some research and accept the way it is n make our best to get some good name in those!!

Cheers!

Things are pretty evolving how they should be with these terms:

Both AR and VR were invented in the 60’s. The term mixed reality was subsequently coined to describe a hybrid of the two technologies. The term “Mixed Reality” was used as far back as the 90’s, when it was used by companies like Mixed Reality Laboratories, but has been recently revived by Microsoft and Magic Leap to describe their MR products.

- The term 'virtual reality' was coined by Jaron Lanier in 1987

The term 'Augmented Reality' was coined by Thomas P. Caudell in 1990

Subsequently the term mixed reality was coined to describe a hybrid of the two technologies (i.e VR & AR)

# Like I mentioned before, the companies have had a long time to think about their strategies. All they are doing is pretty much using the most accurate descriptions in the form of "terms" to describe exactly where they are with the complying technologies.

Mixed Reality (MR) works perfectly for what magic leap & microsoft are producing.

Last edited:
•••
Just started reading this thread.....really liking it. I have a bunch of Mixed Reality domains,some long/some short. I haven't been involved or paid attention to domaining this last half year,but,it is peaking my interest again. Here are some that I have ..........

medicalmixedreality.com
mixedrealityengineering.com
mixedrealityrehabilitation.com
mixedrealitydemos.com
mixedrealityrobotics.com
mixedrealitytourist.com
mixedrealitygambler.com
mixedrealitysafari.com
aerospaceMR.com
MRdirections.com
MRzombies.com
MRrehabilitation.com
MRfairytales.com
immersivemixed-reality.com
wearablemixedreality.com
interactivemixedreality.com

Last edited:
•••
Just started reading this thread.....really liking it. I have a bunch of Mixed Reality domains,some long/some short. I haven't been involved or paid attention to domaining this last half year,but,it is peaking my interest again. Here are some that I have ..........

medicalmixedreality.com
mixedrealityengineering.com
mixedrealityrehabilitation.com
mixedrealitydemos.com
mixedrealityrobotics.com
mixedrealitytourist.com
mixedrealitygambler.com
mixedrealitysafari.com
aerospaceMR.com
MRdirections.com
MRzombies.com
MRrehabilitation.com
MRfairytales.com
immersivemixed-reality.com
wearablemixedreality.com
interactivemixedreality.com

check this one:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/mixed-reality-domains.900000/page-73

•••
•••
Just hand registered 360Centre.com.

Unknown.png

•••
i have -
arfixes.com
vrfixes.com
mrfixes.com
Holofixes.com
if anyone interested do let me know

apart from the above - these more fixes :)
hwfixes.com
urlfixes.com
wpfixes.org
if anyone interested do let me know

•••
•••
I have in .com
Holospiele
Holojeux
JuegosHolo
JeuxHolo
HoloMMORPG
Holowire

•••
Have any of you seen any MR demos that show users' hands OVER the graphics, instead of disappearing behind. I still get the feeling that MR / AR might need to solve this problem before mass adaption.

I think I remember seeing one demo that pulled it off, but I can't remember where or if it was just a fake mock-up video (like what ML is being accused of now)

•••
I have in .com
Holospiele
Holojeux
JuegosHolo
JeuxHolo
HoloMMORPG
Holowire

This thread is supposed to be reserved for heated gloves off arguments as to which of the vr,mr,holo,ar domains are going to have the most value. There is a holo thread in which to showcase holo names.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back