Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@EmotiveDomains its too early for any observations.. We need to wait to 2017-2018.. We will have more info and this discussion might lead somewhere then lol. We are all taking educated guesses and picking our favorites but only the future will tell.
So @Mads advice to carry on is a good one imo if we want this thread to be a constructive one.

•••
@EmotiveDomains its too early for any observations.. We need to wait to 2017-2018.. We will have more info and this discussion might lead somewhere then lol. We are all taking educated guesses and picking our favorites but only the future will tell.
So @Mads advice to carry on is a good one imo if we want this thread to be a constructive one.

As I've mentioned earlier, I totally respect everyone's opinion here. What I won't accept is someone trying end an open debate because they have a different view.

My point is that companies are sending out very 'mixed' signals right now and we shouldn't overestimate peoples ability to differentiate between all the different terms.

I agree it's very early and much is likely to change over the coming months and years, that's why I'm genuinely intrigued to get into the minds of the public, the media and the tech companies themselves.

I hope MR makes it into everyday vocabulary and results in big domain sales. To be honest, I think it will. But Microsoft and other companies will need to be more careful with their wording when they start promoting it to the masses, or they risk diluting the term before it's even gained traction.

•••
Just searched for Mixed Reality again on Twitter, couple of folk on there going a bit OTT with it who clearly don't have any investments in the term, there’s a CrystalBall fella (wonder who that can be) and another called Final-Medium who’s pulling down my beloved Merged Reality and tweeted a Mixed Reality demo yesterday of some flowers growing out of a sofa and always ends their tweets with ‘cheers’ (wonder who that can be).

<---- Kingslayer mads
boxer.gif

•••
I don't see why domainers in general need to be defensive over their names anyway. We're not the ones who dictate the trends, our job is to predict and follow them.

Whatever tech term succeeds or fails, it won't be down to a few domainers chatting in a forum.

•••
Just searched for Mixed Reality again on Twitter, couple of folk on there going a bit OTT with it who clearly don't have any investments in the term, there’s a CrystalBall fella (wonder who that can be) and another called Final-Medium who’s pulling down my beloved Merged Reality and tweeted a Mixed Reality demo yesterday of some flowers growing out of a sofa and always ends their tweets with ‘cheers’ (wonder who that can be).

<---- Kingslayer mads
boxer.gif

Lol :-D:-D:-D you jist love this action arent you? I thought your last post was great, why ruin it ;)

•••
I agree!! Tony Burton :)
Sorry I thought Rocky's trainer was called Tony Burton. It's Mickey Goldmill :)

2017 is going to be great year for the domining industry! It's been boring for years and I'm
glad things are going to be back like the glory years again soon.

Last edited:
•••

<---- Kingslayer mads
boxer.gif

This did make me chuckle.

Got a feeling we will know more about merged reality next year as well ;)

Last edited:
•••
Mads - I suspect it's mads, hence why i put a strikethrough on the 's' and mentioned the video he posted yesterday on NP (just as that Twitter account posted the same video yesterday):-

https://www.namepros.com/threads/ho...ity-all-realities.965879/page-25#post-5882688

And how he always ends with 'cheers!' (like that Twitter account).

I'm only messing though, i couldn't care less what people talk about tbh - Just wanted to show off my detective skills :laugh:

Last edited:
•••
Mads - I suspect it's mads, hence why i put a strikethrough on the 's' and mentioned the video he posted yesterday on NP (just as that Twitter account posted the same video yesterday):-

https://www.namepros.com/threads/ho...ity-all-realities.965879/page-25#post-5882688

And how he always ends with 'cheers!' (like that Twitter account).

I'm only messing though, i couldn't care less what people talk about tbh - Just wanted to show of my detective skills :laugh:

Lol, just edited my post but didn't you notice how I ended my message :)

I guess not lol

Cheers

•••
Outside of Oculus splitting into 2 divisions PC/Mobile,
I found this interesting... I have been buying around this for more than a year.
http://uploadvr.com/avatars-morph3d-loomai-itsme/

Once the social side of this takes root, it should be a big 'thing'. Getting increasingly better and popular.

AvatarWiz (most recent reg for it) -But notice that I'm not picking any of the preferred keywords but thinking of the individual need for the names for it.
To use VR/AR/MR or anything else outside of 3D narrows the potential usage.
Just a example I was willing to share since I have spoke about non-VR keyword names many times..

•••
Outside of Oculus splitting into 2 divisions PC/Mobile,
I found this interesting... I have been buying around this for more than a year.
http://uploadvr.com/avatars-morph3d-loomai-itsme/

Once the social side of this takes root, it should be a big 'thing'. Getting increasingly better and popular.

AvatarWiz (most recent reg for it) -But notice that I'm not picking any of the preferred keywords but thinking of the individual need for the names for it.
To use VR/AR/MR or anything else outside of 3D narrows the potential usage.
Just a example I was willing to share since I have spoke about non-VR keyword names many times..
Regod after reading article and watching videos [email protected] lol

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
One more thing to jump up is......they call themselves as HoloGroup!

•••
End of the day always remember the opinion of domainers don’t influence the market in any shape or form, if you have truly researched into something, spent money on something and you believe in it, then good luck.

Well said..we have no impact on the VR industry, doesnt matter how many VR sales we report.

Holotours.de

@Jasper schilperoord

Stay away from HoloTour names, MS has trademarked this term, its really not worth the risk

•••
One more thing to jump up is......they call themselves as HoloGroup!

yes , ive seen them around .
its a Russian company if i remember correctly , owning the names in .group .study extensions for now.

gl to the com owners.

•••
Last edited:
•••
@Jasper schilperoord

Stay away from HoloTour names, MS has trademarked this term, its really not worth the risk

Fair point giles and good looking out ;)

But my worry is this could happen to other members. I know a member recently bought a holo domain in the aftermarket where members were advising him to be careful with it.

Would it be a good idea if we can compile a list of Holo trademarks to prevent other forum members potentially buying a domain in the aftermarket or registering a keyword that could lead to further problems down the line?

Does anyone know the full list?

I know the sensible thing to do would be to check for trademarks before buying a domain, but got to admit that even I don't always do this :-$

The ones I know of are:

HoloPet
HoloStudio
HoloShot
HoloNotes
HoloTour

And I want to apologise to anyone if I came across the wrong way yesterday. Look I am a huge Holo fan and the keyword does have a very bright future.

I put the keyword Holo in the same ranks has VR so that is how highly I do regard it.

Regardless of my thoughts of mixed reality I do believe people who invested into the word Holo have done an extremely smart investment ;)

I still believe that in the future VR & Holo will be household known entities. I might be naive but I also see a positive future for both AR & MR as well.

I think this thread being named VS really does put emphasis on which term will win and I slightly think that is a bit of a shame.

My hope is that all these keywords have a positive play at some point.

Good luck fellow domainers :)

Last edited:
•••
I recon @gilescoley should post his ar snap chat photo i recon he will say no but if i ask him to post his vr snap chat photo we might have a chance lol

Sorry, what do you mean "ar snap chat photo"? I don't use snapchat?? yes I prefer VR :xf.smile:

•••
Sorry, what do you mean "ar snap chat photo"? I don't use snapchat?? yes I prefer VR :xf.smile:
Its all right mate more of a younger person thing lol

•••
Yet one more social VR platform raises cash... lot's of it...
http://uploadvr.com/social-vr-high-fidelity-funding-million/

FaceBook had better make a 'nice' move on social VR by spring
or the market will quickly leave them behind.
I see it being the center of attention by late 2018/early 2019
Capabilities by then should allow for a very vivid experience both on a PC and Mobile.

vrchatrooms vrchatz chat4d vrgamerooms

•••
Its all right mate more of a younger person thing lol

I know what snapchat is, but there are just better things that do the same thing, using snapchat doesn't go down well with end-users lol

•••
I know what snapchat is, but there are just better things that do the same thing, using snapchat doesn't go down well with end-users lol

Just take the photo @gilescoley! Lol we are working on making a better atmosphere here ;)

•••
Just take the photo @gilescoley! Lol we are working on making a better atmosphere here ;)

Huh., not sure I get it, I cant take it if I dont have it, as stated above :xf.wink: Dont worry about Elad n

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back