Domain Empire

Mixed Reality domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Onekey

Top Member
Impact
I'm starting the official Mixed Reality thread. With Microsoft and others pushing for this phrase some of us are hoping to benefit. This is where we discuss and show case our domains.

My domains:

MixedRealityTours
MixedRealityTravel
MixedRealityFitness
MixedRealitySchool
MixedRealityMath
MixedRealityPhysics
MixedRealityConstruction
MixedRealityAds
MixedRealityTennis
MixedRealityGolf
MixedRealityGym
MixedRealityDate
MixedRealityLove

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are actually a lot of references to mixed reality as 'mxr' over the last couple of years, but that Tweet is the only example I can find of MXRL. I also notice all the premium mxr names have been taken.

•••
There are actually a lot of references to mixed relaity as 'mxr' over the last couple of years, but that Tweet is the only example I can find of MXRL. I also notice all the premium mxr names have been taken.

Yes MXR is another trademark application from magic leap.

A couple of years ago companies were playing with this acronym but they all switched reference now to "MR".

Yes I believe Magic Leap will try to take ownership of stamping their authority on lightfield technology and will refer to their special headset/glasses as MXRL tech.

But the content will still be Mixed Reality or (MR) as Ronnie has clarified.

It's just like hololens.

The applications so far have been called "Holo Studio" not "Hololens Studio"

The only current important acronyms will be MR, AR, VR & Holo.

Apple could try to brand themselves different so I have made a couple of bets with that but the above are pretty safe options ;)

Last edited:
•••
Yes MXR is another trademark application from magic leap.

A couple of years ago companies were playing with this acronym but they all switched reference now to "MR".

Yes I believe Magic Leap will try to take ownership of stamping their authority on lightfield technology and will refer to their special headset/glasses as MXRL tech.

But the content will still be Mixed Reality or (MR) as Ronnie has clarified.

It's just like hololens.

The applications so far have been called "Holo Studio" not "Hololens Studio"

The only current important acronyms will be MR, AR, VR & Holo.

Apple could try to brand themselves different so I have made a couple of bets with that but the above are pretty safe options ;)
Hmm...
  • MXR.es
Registered before reading

Last edited:
•••
Hmm...
Just registered MXR.es

Hmm... Just registered MXR.es

Yes wouldn't worrie about it mate.

Don't think Magic Leap will come after people yet, but just have it in the back of your mind that it's a domain that could end up having to be dropped.

But safe bet is to go with what the technology and content will be called which will be mixed reality or MR depending on your preference ;)

I have not looked into the trademark in detail but if your interested details can be found here:

https://trademarks.justia.com/869/28/mxr-86928024.html

Last edited:
•••
There are actually a lot of references to mixed reality as 'mxr' over the last couple of years, but that Tweet is the only example I can find of MXRL. I also notice all the premium mxr names have been taken.

Well, we know about mxrl for a while now, bad branding with MxRL, plus ita unique to ML. MxR is also being used a bit but not to much , but again the x is a small x that means M&R and not MXR so its better to stay away imho.

•••
# Edit just realised that they didn't get MXR trademark.

But like Elad said, Microsoft, Magic Leap and too many other companies to mention are on the MR abbreviation.

Not saying what people should or shouldn't do with their money though because that is up to them ;)

•••
# Edit just realised that they didn't get MXR trademark.

But like Elad said, Microsoft, Magic Leap and too many other companies to mention are on the MR abbreviation.

Not saying what people should or shouldn't do with their money though because that is up to them ;)
Well, not yet anyway. Looks like their application for the MxR wordmark is still being examined by the USPTO.

Source: tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86928024&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Last edited:
•••
Well, not yet anyway. Looks like their application for the MxR wordmark is still being examined by the USPTO.

Ok mate thanks for the clarification.

Look I do risks to cover myself for the just encase scenario's all the time.

But doing these risks we have to be more than willing to drop these domains if things go south.

Like I said MR is the safe bet 100% and I would advise anyone thinking of going the mxr route to do it knowing potentially you will likely lose your investment.

That said I have got:

Movies MR
Games MR

But for the just encase scenario I also got:

Movies MxR
Games MxR

There is a clear message that should be taken into consideration that all the big companies are abbreviating to MR 99.9% of the time in recent months.

Last edited:
•••
Ok mate thanks for the clarification.

Look I do risks to cover myself for the just encase scenario's all the time.

But doing these risks we have to be more than willing to drop these domains if things go south.

Like I said MR is the safe bet 100% and I would advise anyone thinking of going the mxr route to do it knowing potentially you will likely lose your investment.

That said I have got:

Movies MR
Games MR

But for the just encase scenario I also got:

Movies MxR
Games MxR

There is a clear message that should be taken into consideration that all the big companies are abbreviating to MR 99.9% of the time in recent months.
Agreed.

•••
MXRL and MXR

Those are new ones, I've seen the XR abbreviation talked about a few times, so take it that means Mixed Extra Reality Lightfield and Mixed Extra Reality?

•••
MXRL and MXR

Those are new ones, I've seen the XR abbreviation talked about a few times, so take it that means Mixed Extra Reality Lightfield and Mixed Extra Reality?

XR is something totally different (Extended Reality)

MxR (the small x is supposed to be a replacement for &)

And the term being adopted by all the big companies is "MR".

People can reg whatever abreviations they believe in but the message is pretty clear already.

MxR to me is the equivalent to VRX if that makes sense.

I have not reg'd any VRX because VR is the premium acronym ;)

Every techies, companies and all the media are adopting the acronym "MR"

Just because Ronnie puts his companies trademarked acronym out in a twitter post is no reason to think there is any change in strategy ;)

Last edited:
•••
XR is something totally different (Extended Reality)

Sorry yes i know, not sure why i put 'extra' - That many realities about :xf.rolleyes:

Did a bit of research into Extended Reality (XR) the other week.

•••
Sorry yes i know, not sure why i put 'extra' - That many realities about :xf.rolleyes:

Did a bit of research into Extended Reality (XR) the other week.

Research is key mate.

For now MR is being pushed in 2017-2018.

Anything after that is possible.

But this is what makes MR term so appealing.

It is seen by some experts as an umbrella term (all encompassing term) for VR & AR.

In the future XR could be an umbrella term for VR, AR & MR.

Could be a very long wait for that though, if it does ever happen.

Last edited:
•••
How Microsoft will make mixed reality mainstream in 2017

•••
Another explanation about what MR is..
We talked about umbrella, so that where the industry is headed.
If MR will be set as stone and describe the spectrum then there wont be a need for another term imo but who know
Screenshot_20161215-175638.png

•••
Btw i do own some MxR names from last year (no need to reg mxrl) but the way it looks im gonna drop them all soon.
MR is getting a lot of traction all over and MxR is hardly getting any..

•••
Another explanation about what MR is..
We talked about umbrella, so that where the industry is headed.
If MR will be set as stone and describe the spectrum then there wont be a need for another term imo but who know Show attachment 45182

Let's hope the interest and wonder continues to grow. The more wonder about what mr is could be good news for my:

WhatIsMR

•••
Btw i do own some MxR names from last year (no need to reg mxrl) but the way it looks im gonna drop them all soon.
MR is getting a lot of traction all over and MxR is hardly getting any..

Having seen some of your MXR regs I'd say I would defenitely not drop all of them if I were you.
Just in case so to say.

•••
Having seen some of your MXR regs I'd say I would defenitely not drop all of them if I were you.
Just in case so to say.

This is the point we are trying to get across though.

It will be MR not MxR

The reason why magic leap filed a trademark in August for MXRL is probably because they didn't get instant approval of the MxR trademark, so they just added another letter.

This is exactly the same with VR

You will always hear different sub par acronyms such as MVR, IVR, VRX etc etc. But there will only be one premium Virtual Reality acronym and that is "VR".

Last edited:
•••
MxR is also being used a bit but not to much , but again the x is a small x that means M&R and not MXR

Just wondering, where exactly did you find the info on the small x meaning & Elad?

This is the point we are trying to get across though.
It will be MR not MxR

Yes, I agree this is quite likely indeed NamePov.

Last edited:
•••
Just wondering, where exactly did you find the info on the small x meaning & Elad?

Yes, I agree this is quite likely indeed NamePov.

There is a reason its not MXR and instead its MxR i think MxR lab used it and since then its being used rarely in the industry. Ive seen this x simbolizing & in other not related acronyms.
Btw So far i had numerous offers for my MR names and non for my MxR names and i have far more MR names so you can understand what is my favorite. Still, its juat my opinion.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
We need sales. Big, fat, ugly sales to start things going.

•••
There is a reason its not MXR and instead its MxR i think MxR lab used it and since then its being used rarely in the industry. Ive seen this x simbolizing & in other not related acronyms.
Btw So far i had numerous offers for my MR names and non for my MxR names and i have far more MR names so you can understand what is my favorite. Still, its juat my opinion.

Haha, believe me Elad I'm pretty confident just about everyone on this (and even some other) thread(s) knows which term you favor :xf.wink:

It's just that the in the USPTO's Standard Character Set a small x stands for just that, a small x (source: uspto.gov/trademark/standard-character-set). From a trademark applicant's perspective it would not make sense to file for any other mark than the exact name or logo they are seeking protection for.

Simply put, trademarking MxR provides the holder protection from other parties infringing on their rights by using MxR.It protects them from others adopting a name or logo that is similar or confusingly similar to MxR, It would in principle not provide them protection from other parties using the term M&R.

That being said, I am pretty confident that they are filing for MxR, not M&R.

That doesn't mean that I think MxR has a brighter future than MR though. On the contrary imo.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back