IT.COM

Grrr... Telephone #'s in AdSense Ads

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Adwords, I love them.

They're still too restrictive, but now I'm getting burned by them not being restrictive enough.

I've seen a boat load of ads with phone numbers in them (Of course, it becomes a yellow page listing with no reason for folks to click, only a reason to call the number), and my CTR is 1/15th that of my overall average for sites :(

Anyone else experience the same thing?

-Allan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I haven't seen that yet, but I agree that it's sneaky. Google lets you remove ads that you don't want to show. You could always use that feature.

•••
-RJ- said:
I haven't seen that yet, but I agree that it's sneaky. Google lets you remove ads that you don't want to show. You could always use that feature.

Yeah, I did do that, but it seems that all the top "performers" for the topic (travel) are using the same phone # tactic.

-Allan

•••
Yes, that's really unfair for us publishers. Maybe you should email google.

•••
I've seen them go as far as to say - " Don't click here - Call US here xxx-xxx-xxxx ! "

Not on Goog I don't think but other PPC Engines ~ Now thats wanting some free Advertising :td: <-- Have we always had a "Thumbs Down" ? -

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back