Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoocandoit

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone

I'm new here and looking forward to making my first sale, whenever that may be !

My portfolio is tiny at the moment, i have 15 domains registered, some key word .coms and some keyword .xyz's

I'm fascinated by this industry, stumbled across it by seeing a youtube video about how to turn $10 into $500 the same day. Well I'm a bit of a realist and i know whilst that is certainly possible, it probably isn't the norm for most of us, at least not the beginners.

What i think is interesting, is that everyone thinks they have chosen THE best domain names, but in reality its only as good as whatever someone else is willing to pay for it ! ... garf dot com could be worth 10 times more than softwaresolutions dot com fore example. and garf doesn't mean anything to any body! ha! buts it's a LLLL

I've seen people literally take the liberty of buying a domain for £1 and then putting it up on ebay for £20k lol and i think to myself you are dreaming buddy, get real!

The other interesting thing about it is less than 1% of people own domain names and even less are in the business of selling them, yet look how big the internet is! i see it like digital real estate, you never know if you have the next 'monacco' or 'hollywood hills'

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NP Forums :)

There is always Up's & Down's.

My Opinion:

Do's : Keep on researching what's trending, check daily sales report.

Dont's : Don't expect the same or higher value from the past sales.

For Example: Vacation1.com Previuosly sold for 3,888 USD & you can't expect the same or higher price.

And Don't get upset if anyone tells you that your domain is not even worth for $1.

Yes Anything is possible. All the Best.

Thanks & Regards,
Manivannan M

•••
•••
•••
Hello Yoocandoit, Welcome 2 Namepros!!!

•••
Welcome to NamePros and greets to the UK! :)

•••
Hey @Yoocandoit

Welcome to NP and all the best with your domaining adventures...

Good to see that you have the right idea with regards to how you view domaining.

•••
You're already on the right track: only a couple of domains. Good. Leave it there if you're just starting out. Forget the .XYZs (and all other new gtlds). Only .COM. Study and then study more. Understand that there are endlessly domains to buy and only something like 0.0001% are worth anything. Ever. If you do not know what kind of domains sell, you're wasting money. So before you start to expand your portfolio, do yourself (and your wallet) a favor: give it time. You have plenty of time to waste money in the future, too ;)

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks, i keep typing stuff into godaddy, it's become like a bad habit! you're right though, there really is still some quite useful domains left for hand registration

•••
•••
Welcome to the namepros forum.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hi @Yoocandoit ... Welcome & hope to see you around :)

•••
•••
•••
goodluck from the philippines :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back