Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoocandoit

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone

I'm new here and looking forward to making my first sale, whenever that may be !

My portfolio is tiny at the moment, i have 15 domains registered, some key word .coms and some keyword .xyz's

I'm fascinated by this industry, stumbled across it by seeing a youtube video about how to turn $10 into $500 the same day. Well I'm a bit of a realist and i know whilst that is certainly possible, it probably isn't the norm for most of us, at least not the beginners.

What i think is interesting, is that everyone thinks they have chosen THE best domain names, but in reality its only as good as whatever someone else is willing to pay for it ! ... garf dot com could be worth 10 times more than softwaresolutions dot com fore example. and garf doesn't mean anything to any body! ha! buts it's a LLLL

I've seen people literally take the liberty of buying a domain for £1 and then putting it up on ebay for £20k lol and i think to myself you are dreaming buddy, get real!

The other interesting thing about it is less than 1% of people own domain names and even less are in the business of selling them, yet look how big the internet is! i see it like digital real estate, you never know if you have the next 'monacco' or 'hollywood hills'

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi and a very warm welcome to namepros!

•••
Welcome to NamePros! From your attitude, I think you will do well. Good luck!

•••
Hello :) Welcome to Namepros!

Wishing you to achieve great success in your domaining venture.

•••
•••
Welcome to the forum!

I'm fascinated by this industry, stumbled across it by seeing a youtube video about how to turn $10 into $500 the same day

Where did you see this video? Who was the content creator? Thanks.

•••
•••
Welcome to NamePros! From your attitude, I think you will do well. Good luck!
Thanks for the kind words. I see you have chosen your niche well. very clever what with all the new ideas and policy/ laws being discussed with regards to the subject of your niche.

•••
Welcome to the forum!

Where did you see this video? Who was the content creator? Thanks.

It was by a guy called 'kinghuman' about flipping domains just type 'kinghuman domain flipping' into you tube and you will see him affiliating and soliciting all kinds of software. Personally i don't trust third party software that claims to have an 'edge' or a 'secret' forumla. i prefer to use my own knowledge and experience and sometimes that means making mistakes but hey mistakes are just lessons.

•••
Thanks for the kind words. I see you have chosen your niche well. very clever what with all the new ideas and policy/ laws being discussed with regards to the subject of your niche.
I have made tons of mistakes (in registration) and still do. But, I try to learn from them.

In regards to the niche, I believe that once legalization happens, there will be a huge rush. I was late to the game in getting the best names, but am hoping to cash in with the MJ BOOM!

•••
•••
It was by a guy called 'kinghuman' about flipping domains just type 'kinghuman domain flipping' into you tube and you will see him affiliating and soliciting all kinds of software. Personally i don't trust third party software that claims to have an 'edge' or a 'secret' forumla. i prefer to use my own knowledge and experience and sometimes that means making mistakes but hey mistakes are just lessons.

I just looked at this guys channel. He appears to be a big B.S. affiliate marketer like Pat Flynn and the rest of the lot.

Here is the video in question:
***Take note that the comments section in this video is DISABLED!

Anything that offers you a 'get rich quick' in domaining is just nonsense.

Even most of the domain 'education' resources are garbage.

Learn from trial/error, stay up to date with trends, and be active in a domain community. - You will learn everything you need to know.

•••
I just looked at this guys channel. He appears to be a big B.S. affiliate marketer like Pat Flynn and the rest of the lot.

Anything that offers you a 'get rich quick' in domaining is just nonsense.

Even most of the domain 'education' resources are garbage.

Learn from trial/error, stay up to date with trends, and be active in a domain community. - You will learn everything you need to know.

Haha yeah that's the guy, i actually like his enthusiasm but he clearly gets kickbacks from the software makers. This is what initially peaked my interest. Basically what i got out of it was, people buy domains and people sell domains. When i did my research, i found that its true and people make money from it, but it's like ANY commodity or product, i've had times where i've been to a brick and mortar auction house and bought a table for £70 and sold it for £300 and other times i've bought something which i was certain would sell and lost money on it. It's the same with any buying and selling practice regardless of what it is you are buying and selling!

•••
Welcome to the forum!
Good luck with your domaining career :)

•••
You're already on the right track: only a couple of domains. Good. Leave it there if you're just starting out. Forget the .XYZs (and all other new gtlds). Only .COM. Study and then study more. Understand that there are endlessly domains to buy and only something like 0.0001% are worth anything. Ever. If you do not know what kind of domains sell, you're wasting money. So before you start to expand your portfolio, do yourself (and your wallet) a favor: give it time. You have plenty of time to waste money in the future, too ;)

Welcome to the forum! :)

•••
•••
•••
Anything is possible, I can give you two personal examples on NP alone.
I bought Names.xyz for $30 sold it the next day for $600. I also bought Novelled.com for $40 and it sold about 3 months later as a GD Premium name for $1700 (my cut was about $1300 or $1400). It's definitely possible but you may have a lot of failures before you find what "works" and it's really just trial and error. Once you get a feel of the market my advice is always to go with your gut feeling.

•••
Anything is possible, I can give you two personal examples on NP alone.
I bought Names.xyz for $30 sold it the next day for $600. I also bought Novelled.com for $40 and it sold about 3 months later as a GD Premium name for $1700 (my cut was about $1300 or $1400). It's definitely possible but you may have a lot of failures before you find what "works" and it's really just trial and error. Once you get a feel of the market my advice is always to go with your gut feeling.

Wow, i'm qutie amazed you got names.xyz but surprised you only got $600 still that's like 2000% profit so i guess you can't complain.

•••
Wow, i'm qutie amazed you got names.xyz but surprised you only got $600 still that's like 2000% profit so i guess you can't complain.
If I had waited a bit longer I could have gotten more but I had to pay for classes and rent :guilty:

•••
•••
•••
Hey there @Yoocandoit, let me also extend a warm welcome to the forum!

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back