Dynadot

sales Google buys CapitalG.com domain and rebrands Google Capital to CapitalG

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The domain name looks to have been acquired a few weeks ago. The domain was owned by an organization called GDiapers back in 2014 and then it moved to privacy. It transferred from Go Daddy to Mark Monitor...
Read More
The old GoogleCapital.com domain now forwards to CapitalG.com, and the Google Capital Twitter account just announced that it’s being retired in favor of a new @CapitalGTweets account.
All this, it’s worth noting, is a separate thing from GV, Alphabet’s investment arm that focuses on that earlier-stage stuff and rebranded from “Google Ventures” back in December of last year.
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it should be "Gcapital"
e.g. Gmail

•••
e.g. Gmail
To me..it sounds so street/hip hop..."Capital G in da house!"

•••
The thing I like about Capital G is it makes me think of a single "G" that is capitalized.

•••
To me..it sounds so street/hip hop..."Capital G in da house!"

Personally I was hoping for BigG.com or GMoney.com

"Ever since I was a lower-case G
But now I'm a big G. The girls see I got the money 100 dollar bills yall"

•••
•••
•••
Google on rebranding mission! Gmail into Inbox, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides into Google Drive, Google Work to Google Cloud, and now Google Capital to CapitalG! Interesting!

Just wondering who was advising Google by that time ;)

•••
Google on rebranding mission! Gmail into Inbox, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides into Google Drive, Google Work to Google Cloud, and now Google Capital to CapitalG! Interesting!
and "Google Apps" to "G Suite" :alien3:

•••
•••
Dear Google, what about www.G.com ? :laugh:

upload_2016-11-5_18-31-53.png

•••
•••
•••
•••
Domainers are creatives; always come up with cool and unique ideas. Domainers think and creates names while they sleep; and domainers makes internet life alive!

•••
Domainers are creatives; always come up with cool and unique ideas. Domainers think and creates names while they sleep; and domainers makes internet life alive!
Make Domaining great again! :-D

•••
Make Domaining great again! :-D
If there is no domainers, the domain industry will be "DEAD" as well as the Internet industry.

•••
Meanwhile Godaddy buys G.com ... and rebrands Godaddy.com to G.com
joke :-D

•••
Meanwhile Godaddy buys G.com ... and rebrands Godaddy.com to G.com
joke :-D
No....too many of the same.

•••
e.g. Gmail
Probably seller was asking for more than they were willing to pay.

•••
Can't wait till they brand G spot. I mean G dot :) No G pot :) Will they or not ?

•••

Very good - but not even Google can have a capital G as all domain names are lowercase although some domains appear to have capital letters in them which is easy to do in some letters

6oogle

•••
•••
Did anyone else notice that they are referring to the ABCs of Capital G?

It lines up with their parent company, Alphabet at abc.xyz
Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 9.42.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 9.22.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 9.42.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 9.42.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 9.41.53 PM.png

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back