IT.COM

news GoDaddy Not Allowing Transfers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ulterios

The Bear is Sticky with HoneyTop Member
Impact
I went to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to Namesilo a little while ago and after checking out and paying I received this message in my Namesilo transfer manager:

Please note that Godaddy has been having problems with their WHOIS service for nearly 4 days. Therefore, if you are transferring domains from Godaddy and the status of your transfers show "Retrieving Administrative Contact Email", this is due to the problems with Godaddy. Unfortunately, per ICANN rules, we are required to get WHOIS information directly from the losing registrar. We have notified Godaddy, but they have failed to reply or even acknowledge the problem. We hope they do so soon so that domains can be transferred.

If you have been waiting more than a few hours, we encourage you to file a formal complaint with ICANN against Godaddy for not allowing you to transfer your domains.

Has anyone else gotten a message like this or had problem transferring out of GoDaddy the last day or two?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't know why this happened to you but I had successfully transferred my domain from godaddy to Bigrock few week ago.
Apparently this issue has been only going on the last few days. I also did one a few weeks ago with no issues so I guess it's something recent.

•••
UPDATE: As Joe Styler said above, they have corrected what the issue was and I was finally able to get the domain transferred. Hopefully this issue doesn't return but for now everything seems to be fine.

If someone else tries a transfer today or tomorrow, please update us as to if it's still working as it used to.

Thanks everyone for all of your replies. This helped push things along and get fixed for all of us, I am sure.

•••
it cab be problem with domain which is setup whois guard identity

•••
No it was a technical problem on our side which we resolved and are also carefully investigating to make sure we are even better at surfacing whois going forward. Thanks for bringing this to my attention everyone.

•••
There was no whois guard on the domain. Like Joe stated above this post, it was a GoDaddy technical problem and it's now fixed.

Thanks for your reply and input anyway, it's appreciated. :)

•••
No it was a technical problem on our side which we resolved and are also carefully investigating to make sure we are even better at surfacing whois going forward. Thanks for bringing this to my attention everyone.

Thanks for your help in looking into this Joe, I know you go out of you way for all of us here on NamePros. You help and efforts are always appreciated.

Thanks again. :)

•••
I transferred away from godaddy and it worked. No issues :)

•••
@Joe Styler

Problem Still Exists

I Bought a Domain via Auction EcoStrength.com from @StrategyNaming.com and he is witnessing the same problem in regard to pushing the domain to my ID.

So Please Look into this matter of concern

Thanks

•••
@Joe Styler

Problem Still Exists

I Bought a Domain via Auction EcoStrength.com from @StrategyNaming.com and he is witnessing the same problem in regard to pushing the domain to my ID.

So Please Look into this matter of concern

Thanks
This is not a whois problem, the domain you have is registered at GoDaddy and going to a Godaddy account, it's an account push and not a transfer, the whois is not the issue. It looks to me like its just not being accepted into the gaining customer's account by them. I can certainly help more if you would like.

This explains how to accept the domain into the new account,

https://www.godaddy.com/help/accepting-a-domain-name-into-your-account-1670

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back